Chambers as AM

CeeBee

Agree.

Also, did anyone else see Jos warm up with the strikers? He was more accurate in his shooting than ANY of our strikers...had a very sure foot on him and was belting the ball too. Is there a case for him converting to a striker....afterall, he seems to like putting the ball in the net (sic)?

let's try him at right back, he looks like he would play well there on what we have seen to date. Just an idea Iike.

Chambers came through the youth system as a midfielder and also played games there at England junior levels (he has a decent scoring record too). It's only for his breaking into the Saints team and latterly with the England setup that he's become more established as a RB. Its been said before that he could have plenty to offer from CM or RM, so it's a reasonable question asked by the OP. It's less likely to happen while Chambers is the only real source of cover for Clyne, but he's only 18 and has a long way to go in terms of development so it's far from out of the question IMO.

I said on fb and twitter yesterday that Chambers was arguably better than Shaw. When you think about their progress and the fact that Shaw has had most of the plaudits, Chambers has actually done very well. He's better going forward, has more skill, a better touch and defends well too. I think he's been bloody excellent and does, I guess, give the option of playing him further forward. Shaw has been inconsistent lately and does seem to pick up injuries. I know he's young, but so too is Chambers.

They're both great young players of course, but at the moment, I'd say Chambers is playing better.

He played all over the place in the Youth teams - I've seen him play right wing' date=' central midfield, and even centre-half. He looks a very good prospect at right-back at senior level. He has a good build too for the Premier League.[/quote']

I was talking to my mate yesterday about where he could play. I like ball playing centre halves and think he could convert once he fills out a bit. I could defo see him in the Morgan role.

I like your thinking. He does need speed training.

Really?,

in the last 2 games he has gone after balls punted out to the wing and got them when just about everyone including players on the pitch thought were a lost cause. V Spurs he had Danny Rose, who is no slouch, blowing a few times when being shown a clean pair of heels by Callum.

Think he could be a very good attacking midfield player for us. With Clyne as RB we would have a pretty strong right side.

I think he played his U18 Academy games in midfield?... and was only drafted into the RB spot when Clyne was injured during the summer...begins to look like a "right-sided " Gareth Bale clone.

Really?,

in the last 2 games he has gone after balls punted out to the wing and got them when just about everyone including players on the pitch thought were a lost cause. V Spurs he had Danny Rose, who is no slouch, blowing a few times when being shown a clean pair of heels by Callum.

John Boy he can be quicker watch his running style. He plants his heal and is a little flat footed. Please note how speed training has improved Adam Lallana.