The saintbletch "Hilarious fun with words" thread

saintbletch

The impossible has happened and these are actually getting worse.

Thanks Toke.

As you know, I am constantly seeking your approval for everything I do. So knowing that you're right behind me in the endeavour to make TMS more interesting now that The Bear has 'gone commercial' and sold out to the rarified, swear-filtered climes of the main bored, makes it somehow all worthwhile

Your ever-loving father.

Bletch.

P.S. Whale. Oil. Beef. Hooked.

The impossible has happened and these are actually getting worse.

P.S. Did you really edit that post?

And you spent 3 minutes, that's one hundred and eighty seconds spicing it up!

Just how pointless must it have been pre-edit?

Your ever-caring father,

Bletch.

x

I was on the train on my phone. I thought the 'these are getting worse' was a little hard on my ever loving and boring father. I then tried to soften it up... This didn't work so I went with the impossible line. Glad everyone is keeping on top of things on here though. I thought the place might suffer with me out of the office today and bear gone commercial.

It originally said "These are getting worse". However Tokes spent those three minutes mining down in his wit banks to come up with "The impossible has happened, these are getting worse". That was very clever - use of tautology to keep it on topic.

Well it would be churlish to say that he didn't improve it, because he did - immeasurably.

I certainly can't measure just how much the post improved between revisions BTT. But improve, it did.

I mean the initial draft was hilarious enough, but the final copy is just the work of a master craftsman.

If I'm honest BTT, I'm just flattered that Toke's putting in the hours. Since The Bear has left his acoustic behind to go touring The Lounge with that jazzy-pickuped electric number strapped to his back, Toke's been a little down.

Somedays I feel like I'm Mrs Ronnie Corbett, having to console and cajole a grumpy Ronnie C who is under my feet, grumpily moping around the house because Ronnie Barker has just got the contract to record "Porridge", while all our poor Ronnie C has been offered is another series of "Sorry", and he only got that because people remember that he was funny with Ronnie Barker.

So, I'm Mrs Ronnie Corbett, Toke is Ronnie Corbett, The Bear is Ronnie Barker, The Muppet Show is Sorry, The Lounge is Porridge, The Main Bored is Open All Hours, Spudders is Nurse Gladys Emmanuel, and I guess that makes you Phyllis Lumsden (yes I Google'd that).

Do you know what I mean?

Good. Could you explain it to me then.

"I was that pished, I watched the 4 Ronnies!"

Does that one even make sense bletch or have you just started saying random words and put does he or is he at the end. I.e. gay bear is he?

Toke, this IS TMS you know.

I think you're being a bit literal with all this "Does that one even make sense Bletch?".

Lighten up Toke, you are such a Lounger these days.

But to answer your question, I am taking a bit of a liberty with the Spanish language, but I'm pronouncing the Spanish maestro's name exactly the same way as Martin Tyler who is commentating on 'City v Barca. And he pronounces it...

Bare-zgay.

Toke, this IS TMS you know.

I think you're being a bit literal with all this "Does that one even make sense Bletch?".

Lighten up Toke, you are such a Lounger these days.

But to answer your question, I am taking a bit of a liberty with the Spanish language, but I'm pronouncing the Spanish maestro's name exactly the same way as Martin Tyler who is commentating on 'City v Barca. And he pronounces it...

Bare-zgay.

Not Tyler. No revolting peasants.

Its Tyldesley. Good luck with that one.

Is he?

Yes.

Ok. I assumed you would be on ITV.

Out of the country? At least you wont have to listen to Adrian Chiles.

No, but I am out of the living room and it's not on itv.com.

Bit of a fail here bletch. More inaccuracies than join the dots with bearsy.

How so Toke?

I'll admit my Spanish isn't up to scratch, but if you pronounce the X as a CH and the V as a V, then I think you'll find it sounds like bare-zgay.

Either that or Chavvy.

Is he?

God Ernie, you're hard work since Morecambe left for the bright lights of The Lounge.

You might be interested in live now.tv bdog.

Oh, OK.

I tell you what though, the Global Warming Really is Happening thread in The Lounge is getting a bit fruity.

There are some posts in there that certainly aren't about climate change, and you get the feeling that Guided Missile might use the long arm of the law to put The Man's metaphorical TSW-server-ballocks in a vice until they are deleted.

Now is the time to take a copy and send it to Wikileaks, before The Man is forced to act. Oh and BTT and Guided Missile are minutes away from having a proper old fashioned tear-up - via PM.

I have to say, Guided Missile does have a talent for insults... Clapham Saint is a waste of sperm. No matter your affiliation, you've got to respect that level of disrespect.

And everyone seems to know Guided Missile's age.

There was a price pikey named Dave

Who kept a dead whore in his cave.

Said Dave, "What the hell...

You get used to the smell,

And think of the money you save!

:lol:

What's your mum's name Bear?*

*Be convenient if it rhythms with whore or similar plse.

is sue, i spose you could rhyme it with poo or whatever?

Are you trying to say check out the climate thread bletch? I think you are. I'll check it out and by check it out, I probably mean troll it up.

Bletch was right, that climate change thread has taken an unexpected change for the Lols.

You had to didn't you, you really had to encourage GM to post a recent picture of Bearsy in his usual position in front of GM!