Calum Chambers CB?

robdevil7

After watching the match yesterday, it occurred to me that instead of being shaped into a right back, he should instead become a centre back. The reasons for why I think this is I just believe he has the characteristics to play there. Sometimes I think he's a little too slow and cumbersome to play the more athletic role of right back, but with his great ability on the ball and imposition, I truly believe he could excel there. Anyone else agree?

Needs to be a lot better winning the balls in the air. I think the stats for winning headers are poor. Besides he has already changed from attacker to defender, he needs to bed in there first. Then maybe.
I don't think he was ever an attacker,started as a Central Midfielder before being moved to right back. I think he could still do a job in CM if we were really short, stronger than JWP.

Funny reading the odd comment knocking him, obviously MP and his team obviously haven't a clue by playing him despite him being too cumbersome, poor in the air, rubbish crossing the ball. Yet strange that so much expensive traffic from the opposition comes down our left.

I have no problem with him on the pitch and if Chris Baird managed to slide into the middle with outstanding success, and against Championship monsters up front, what's to stop young Callum at some stage doing the same.

He is a good footballer in the making, no doubt. Thought his game on Saturday was very average, but you can see the versatility to play in midfield or even at CB one day; I think he may go further in the game than JWP. Like to see Clyne at RB against Arsenal

I think crossing wise, he's better than clyne already. defending wise, he can be abit naive because of inexperience. Clyne is still a better player overall, but I think chambers has the potential to exceed Clyne's ability. Haven't seen anything to suggest he would be good at CB though