KP's England career is over

notnowcato

A superb batsman most of the time but IF he is as disruptive as it is constantly rumoured then

perhaps it is best for the team as a whole.

Actually in a way this situation reminds me of Saints and that Italian bloke who has just gone to Juventus :lol:

However he isn't going to end up poverty stricken and in the work house is he ? He is bound to

get an I.P.L. contract for several more years and I wonder if an Australian "Big Bash" team will

ask him to accept money from them.:D

Edited by Saint in Paradise

Not sure where I stand on this. Bloody ECB drives me crazy at times, especially some of their selections and ignoring of Hampshire players. But whilst KP is one of the most destructive players I’ve ever seen, his attitude whilst at Hampshire was very poor at times

Twas ever thus.

Remember this is the guy to fall out with countless players, captains and coaches, and, much worse, to give tips to the Aussies about how to get out some of our players who he did not like. A great player at times, yes, but also, particularly in recent seasons, prone to brash arrogance and getting out just when we needed a calm experienced head to knuckle down.

Provided the decisions about restoring team spirit and building for the future are the right ones, then this gets my vote, before we even mention his ****e attitude at Hants

Remember this is the guy to fall out with countless players, captains and coaches, and, much worse, to give tips to the Aussies about how to get out some of our players who he did not like. A great player at times, yes, but also, particularly in recent seasons, prone to brash arrogance and getting out just when we needed a calm experienced head to knuckle down.

Provided the decisions about restoring team spirit and building for the future are the right ones, then this gets my vote, before we even mention his ****e attitude at Hants

When did this happen? Was that the stupid sms thing?

To be honest, I’ve reached the point where I no longer want our players to be selected for England: I prefer to see them performing for Hampshire rather than being messed around by the ECB prima donnas.

Oh I do agree - in fact I fail to see why any centrally contracted player should be affiliated to any county in this day and age.

Heard Michael Vaughan talking about Pietersen this morning; thought he talked a lot of sense, including this: "It's a very strange decision for England to make now. A new director of cricket will be appointed in April and won't have the opportunity to pick a star player. They should be making those decisions on their own".

As much as anything else, it strikes me as odd to simply rule out a player for good; if he's out of form you may choose not to select him, as happened with Matt Prior and others in the Ashes series. For all I know Prior's England career may be over as well, in that he may not be selected again; but in Pietersen's case they've made an announcement specifically on the subject.

There's long been a tendency in English team sports for those in charge to be mistrustful of massively talented but potentially difficult or wayward individuals (we've certainly seen plenty of it in football over the years), and this may be another example. On the other hand, I've read in more than one place that Alistair Cook is particularly hostile toward KP now, having championed his cause when he (Cook) became captain and now feeling let down.

Edited by Fowllyd

Heard Michael Vaughan talking about Pietersen this morning; thought he talked a lot of sense, including this: "It's a very strange decision for England to make now. A new director of cricket will be appointed in April and won't have the opportunity to pick a star player. They should be making those decisions on their own".

As much as anything else, it strikes me as odd to simply rule out a player for good; if he's out of form you may choose not to select him, as happened with Matt Prior and others in the Ashes series. For all I know Prior's England career may be over as well, in that he may not be selected again; but in Pietersen's case they've made an announcement specifically on the subject.

There's long been a tendency in English team sports for those in charge to be mistrustful of massively talented but potentially difficult or wayward individuals (we've certainly seen plenty of it in football over the years), and this may be another example. On the other hand, I've read in more than one place that Alistair Cook is particularly hostile toward KP now, having championed his cause when he (Cook) became captain and now feeling let down.

Agree, it seems strange for the decision over KP – and, seemingly, the decision over Cook continuing as captain – to have been pre-empted by the ECB ‘committee’ prior to the new director being installed; unless, of course, the new director was part of the ‘committee’, i.e. Ashley Giles. :(

Am I the only one not surprised by this? It certainly looks that way.

No. Hutch your're not the only one

The ECB should do away with the Central Contracts and pick players on merit and not for good attendance, as seems to be the case at the moment

Pietersen's general approach to cricket appears to be purely financial and to hell with anybody else. No one player is bigger than the team,

Having said that, there are a few others in the current Test squad whose heads should also roll, and some who should never have been picked in the first place. Surely they can't all have lost form at the same time, or can they?