Jay Rodriguez interview

goneawol

Surely J-Rod deserves a Smiths song? Even if it's just 'Jay Rodriguez' sung to the tune of the 'hang the DJ' chorus from Panic?

HOw can we shoe horn "one Jay Rodriguez" *clap clap clap clap clap clap clap* into the tune of What difference does it make?

Surely J-Rod deserves a Smiths song? Even if it's just 'Jay Rodriguez' sung to the tune of the 'hang the DJ' chorus from Panic?

This is a lovely idea.

Unfortunately, Saints fans won't consider it until Man City fans have sung it about a different player. And will need to be on Sky Sports for at least three years before the Northam crack on with their version. Which will still manage to be awful.

Best one I can come up using Panic is -

He causes Panic on the streets of Carlisle

Dublin, Dundee, Humberside

Jay scores everywhere

Jay Rodriquez, Jay Rodriguez

Jay Rodriguez, Jay Rodriguez

To be fair...pretty decent.

Apart from it being factually incorrect. Jay Rodriguez has never played against Dundee United or Dundee or in Dublin so to suggest he causes Panic there is merely specualtion. Also his record against Hull is pretty dreadful, no goals in two premier league games so to suggest his causes panic there and "scores everywhere" is prehaps at best overstating his ability. As for Carlise, as Burnley were a divison apart from Carlise it's highly likely he's never played there either. SO in fact song should read more along the lines of

He's never caused panic on the streets of Carlise

He's an appauling record on Humberside

I wonder to myself

Do we over rate him?

is he as good as we say he is?

I wonder to myself

Apart from it being factually incorrect. Jay Rodriguez has never played against Dundee United or Dundee or in Dublin so to suggest he causes Panic there is merely specualtion. Also his record against Hull is pretty dreadful, no goals in two premier league games so to suggest his causes panic there and "scores everywhere" is prehaps at best overstating his ability. As for Carlise, as Burnley were a divison apart from Carlise it's highly likely he's never played there either. SO in fact song should read more along the lines of

He's an appauling record on Humberside

I wonder to myself

Do we over rate him?

I wonder to myself

Very true, but I didn't want to mess with Moz' lyrics too much. He has played in Dundee for Livingston though and scored at the KC for Burnley against Hull.

Very true, but I didn't want to mess with Moz' lyrics too much. He has played in Dundee for Livingston though and scored at the KC for Burnley against Hull.

He's an average record on Humberside

I wonder to myself

Do we over rate him?

He's scored at Dundee

and honeypie hes scored at Chelsea!

but could he shoot down

Ipswich town???????

Edited by Turkish

Love this.. would love us to get some original songs going and I too am a miassive Smiths fan!

How about... (to the tune of Bigmouth Strikes again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgxEJOi6GtA&feature=kp )

Jay Rod, jay rod

jay rod strikes again

He's got no right to beat that man with his pace

Oh oh oh

I'm obviously no song-smith(sic) but another idea anyway.

Edit: on reflection perhaps too many Morrissey "Oh oh oh Ohhh's" for the Northam!

Edit #2: Perhaps those " Ohh's" could be replaced with the "la's" that also feature in this song, so...

Jay Rod la la laaa, jay Rod la la la laaaa

Jay Rod strikes again

He's got no right to beat that man with his pace

La la la la (repeat, clap clap clap etc)

(back to work)

Edited by jasonb

No wonder our players are looking fed up. Having to listen to Morrisey's wrist slitting durges in the dressing room is enough to depress anyone. Maybe why Osvaldo got ****ed off with his decent taste in music. I suppose adding some Leonard Cohen into the mix could finish off the squad completely.

No wonder our players are looking fed up. Having to listen to Morrisey's wrist slitting durges in the dressing room is enough to depress anyone. Maybe why Osvaldo got ****ed off with his decent taste in music. I suppose adding some Leonard Cohen into the mix could finish off the squad completely.

:)

30t055i.jpg

Finally, the voice of reason. I hate morrissey and I hate the smiths, let pompey have them.