The meaning of life

Master Bates

Why is the sky so beautifully blue if only mankind appreciates it?

Rayleigh scattering. Seriously people, the sooner you all stop getting so philosophical and accept that science has already the answered 99.9% of the questions posed since the beginning of time you'll be able to get on with your lives.

I must have been drunk when I wrote this.

At the moment life sucks very much for me, however I must listen to what I say especially "always keep fighting".

Funnily, I hadnt seen this thread before and reading it I assumed it was a new one. Chin up Bates me old mucker

Rayleigh scattering. Seriously people, the sooner you all stop getting so philosophical and accept that science has already the answered 99.9% of the questions posed since the beginning of time you'll be able to get on with your lives.

Ah, but that is my point! Only by asking questions can we get answers, grasshopper.

I was onece told: 'Always remember that the Good Lord will not heap on your shoulders more than you can carry.'

You two should have a dinner party :)

I'm wondering if it would end in a fight??

So, tell me, when DID time begin?

And what came before that?

And were people asking questions as soon as time began?

And were there scientists there to answer them?

Correctly?

How did / has a slug evolved to cope better?

Did slugs not evolve into snails with tough shells that would protect them from things? Slugs are disgusting too meaning that they don get eaten by me, snails on the other hand are tasy (especially with garlic) and come in their own little cooking vessel (their shell), so poor old sluggy got it wrong imho.

Just what I was going to say.

It may sound empty but the sole purpose of life for any organism on the planet is to reproduce and to pass our genes on to their next vehicle

Sounds like a good explanation, also in the process we destroy as much and as many other species as possible.

Is it just 'survival' or survival 'at all costs'? If the former then then we would be a lot more docile and if the latter then we would start messing with that DNA stuff that really could unravel it al, or perhaps the answer is so beyond our understanding that many can't cope with the truth, like God.

Utter tripe. From what sort of questioning did the natural sciences as we know them develop from? You tell me.

Utter tripe. From what sort of questioning did the natural sciences as we know them develop from? You tell me.

Which part? I think you'll find that Rayleigh scattering is the commonly accepted reason for the sky being blue and not that God is a Pompey fan, which is so preposterous that we can discount it without further discussion.

Which part? I think you'll find that Rayleigh scattering is the commonly accepted reason for the sky being blue and not that God is a Pompey fan, which is so preposterous that we can discount it without further discussion.

The claim that any philosophical inquiry is pointless and this so-called 'science' is the only thing able to claim knowledge of anything. (I'm not disputing Rayleigh scattering)

• 5 weeks later...