A letter from Rickie

Jimmy_D

Ha, no he doesn't, he at least mentions her though.

Strange that he didn't even mention NC.

he does mention a lot of people

he mentions the owners and managers.

I think you are looking too far into this

Gonna miss you so much Rickie :( if it weren't for you, we wouldn't be where we are now. Your always a Saints Legend in my eyes and it's just been topped off with that special letter :) I wish you all the best at Liverpool, you deserve it and it will be amazing to see you score at the World Cup too. Thanks Rickie

It took me 2 attempts to read Rickie's letter whilst at work due to be very misty eyed! Hard though it is to lose our talisman, you would have to be totally heartless to deny him that move.

Thank you Rickie for your contributions over the last 5 years - we've enjoyed watching you as much as it sounds like you enjoyed playing for us. Just don't curl in a trademark free-kick against us in the last minute at the Kop End next season - that would be going too far!!

It took me 2 attempts to read Rickie's letter whilst at work due to be very misty eyed! Hard though it is to lose our talisman, you would have to be totally heartless to deny him that move.

Thank you Rickie for your contributions over the last 5 years - we've enjoyed watching you as much as it sounds like you enjoyed playing for us. Just don't curl in a trademark free-kick against us in the last minute at the Kop End next season - that would be going too far!!

When people say things like this are they actually just close to tears or is it just a figure of speech?

Rickie - Just read your letter on another forum website link and wondered what fans were saying on this - totally agree with the positive nature of the responses. You have lived our dreams…the five year plan was achieved and look at you now, playing for England and we supported a team that won most points ever in the Premiership. You enjoyed the promotions, we enjoyed being there and putting you on our shoulders.

I cannot wait for Southampton v Liverpool at SMS and you come on after 60 minutes to both sets of fans applauding - it will be awesome.

Thanks for five years and enjoy playing for your dreams - whilst we remember ours.

ParkgateSaint

Did you ever wonder why you had your head flushed down the school toilets at least once a week!!

Trust me - nobody dared to that. If I had a name like "John Boy" it might have been different.

Edited by kpturner

A truly class act.

Rickie will go down as one of the few true Saints legends in my opinion.

Honoured to have been at the matches live when he scored his first and last goal for us, poetic.

When we play Liverpool (home or away) next season would it be appropriate to sing the SRL song for the very last time or should it now be permanently retired?

A truly class act.

Rickie will go down as one of the few true Saints legends in my opinion.

Honoured to have been at the matches live when he scored his first and last goal for us, poetic.

When we play Liverpool (home or away) next season would it be appropriate to sing the SRL song for the very last time or should it now be permanently retired?

We sing about MLT and Pahars from time to time. Could still sing about

Rickie taking us to the Prem. Otherwise we'll be left with about 2 songs now.