Apologists? Deafening silence tonight !

1965onwards

I'm probably classed as an apologist. Most of our problems could be solved by money. We dont have any. Until some of wrist slitters who want to sack everyone with no idea of what to do next actually address that thorny little issue, I suppose I'll continue to be one.

Show me the glint of £5m or so and it would be a totally different story.

I'm probably classed as an apologist. Most of our problems could be solved by money. We dont have any. Until some of wrist slitters who want to sack everyone with no idea of what to do next actually address that thorny little issue, I suppose I'll continue to be one.

heheheheh. Did you mean that ???

Yes, I want to sack everyone who has no idea of what to do next

The easiest start to getting out of our current position is to score some bl00dy goals !

Rather than look for apologists, many of who will now have seen the light, perhaps it's time we united to get rid of the incompetents running our club before it's not too late.

It would be good to see a poll on sites like this and TUI regarding the future direction of the club followed by editorial in large type reporting the result. With a bit of luck the Echo and local radio would pick up on it and we could get some momentum going.

I would also suggest that if there is a poll on this site it is open to all to vote so that there is the greatest possible cross section of supporters views cast.

No it wouldn't. If we still had the muppet in charge (JP) then 5m or 50m would make no difference. Its no lack of money thats the problem, its the manager who doesn't know what he is doing that is the problem. With the players we have we should be lower mid-table.

Shooting from the hip here, but maybe employing a manager (first team coach :rolleyes:) who know's what it takes to get out of this league....might be a start :smt102

I didnt say that; I said it is a tactic the apologists employ. Standard fear tactic...

Do me a favour please alpine and start a new thread asking for a poll, open to all, Lowe/Poortvliet in or out? Being a cheapskate I can't start a new thread. As nobody goes to http://foreversaints.1talk.net/index.htm anymore we need a poll on here imo.

It should be pretty unanimous tonight.

Until we get someone who can score goals,we will continue to lose games, (havent we loaned them all out)?

And until Lowe goes,we will continue to go downwards.

Today we had the nearest we have had to a full stadium,so you wouldve thought the team wouldve been up for it.

But Portaloo(Lowes yes man),is completely out of his depth and doesnt play the team to the best of their ability at home(even the crowd were singing 4-4-2 for gods sake).

We have no idea.

We have no decent players.

We have a Head Coach who doesnt know anything about this league.

We have a Chairman who is making the same mistakes he made the last time.

Also our fan base is shrinking by the day.

Still im sure the Lowe supporters on here will find enough excuses to continue to support him.

They've gone back to the "administration is evil", "we have no money" and "what do you suggest ?" tactics...

Just out of interest, what do u suggest? ppl ,apart from sacking everyone (as mentioned.) I am not a lowe lover etc but surely there is no money, there are no investors and we are not a profitable club. Without money we really have no real options.

I hear alot of lowe out but no solutions?

So i agree lowe out but if there is an alternative and i have yet to hear a suggestion, that is viable.

When lowe left did we not sign players at 18 grand a week odd ( we couldn't afford) and we were shouting for that board out. When do we stop shouting 'off with there heads' and look at the situation we are in?

I didnt say that; I said it is a tactic the apologists employ. Standard fear tactic...

So although I was EXPLICIT that my comments on the other thread had nothing to so with any of the major shareholders, you define me as a "Lowe Apologist"

You don't understand what administration means Apline, you harp on about the points reduction and barely acknowledge any of the other key points. I suggest you try some reading.

Doesnt that take er.....money to employ them and er.....money made available for them to spend?

We were on the right track BEFORE Lowe came back, there was no need to spend money on changing the coaching structure of the club.

I'd be really interested to know if JP did pay out of his own pocket to terminate his contract with his former club.

You really don't get it , its not all about money its about a chairman appointing a very poor manager with no experience of the English game or the league we play in

So although I was EXPLICIT that my comments on the other thread had nothing to so with any of the major shareholders, you define me as a "Lowe Apologist"

You don't understand what administration means Apline, you harp on about the points reduction and barely acknowledge any of the other key points. I suggest you try some reading.

Go on then explain

You really don't get it , its not all about money its about a chairman appointing a very poor manager with no experience of the English game or the league we play in

I get it thanks. Lowe wanted to introduce a coaching led, technical approach to developing home grown young players over a period of years. One of the reasons was that we were skint after Burley blew the remaining cash on so so players on high wages, and produced relatively little for it.

There is lots of legitimate debate to be had about whether other approaches could have worked better - cheap hit and hoof, pressing play ala Derby for example, but dont tell me I dont understand what he was trying to achieve, just because you may not.

About time some jackasses on here realised that plenty of us know exactly what administration means for all concerned,and that we feel that it is a solution that can achieve what we want.

1.To finally see the back of Lowe and his cronies,with the added bonus of them all

losing all their money.

2.A COMPLETE fresh start for the club and FANS.

3.The possibility of an united fanbase.

Yes we are prepared to accept the pain of points deductions and relegation,but we feel that it is a price worth paying.

quite amuzing tonight. the team play like they deserved to get 0 points which going on the games from the rest of the season that hasnt happened that often (i mean almost every game there have been at least some positives) and the usual suspects come out with the usual tripe.

No doubt had they come out and played a blinder im guessing they would then be the silent ones?

The we have no money and what do you suggest tactic???? When was that one ever left alone? When has that changed? We havnt had a serious alternative to friggin support yet so give it a rest of the crap that everyone who doesnt agree with you are lowe appologists please.

Its correct that we wont win or go anywhere when we dont score goals and loaning out 2 of the best strikers in the CCC is always going to be a problem. Who ever realised that should work for Scotland Yard as there detective skills are 2nd to none. :rolleyes:

Lets say lowe walks away tomorrow, we are magically going to start climbing the table huh? Or will not having a decent strike force still be a problem?

Say we manage to get him to go? Unless he is gone for good he is always going to be a bloody problem! Another merry go round of shareholders wanting there time at the top will do us what good exactly?

We can all see the problems and they are becoming painfully obvious but coming on here harping on about being an uber fan because some can see its all going to sh1te gets us as far as trying to hit a home run with a turd and a tenis racket.

I get it thanks. Lowe wanted to introduce a coaching led, technical approach to developing home grown young players over a period of years. One of the reasons was that we were skint after Burley blew the remaining cash on so so players on high wages, and produced relatively little for it.

There is lots of legitimate debate to be had about whether other approaches could have worked better - cheap hit and hoof, pressing play ala Derby for example, but dont tell me I dont understand what he was trying to achieve, just because you may not.

It was finished before it started ,not just because it was a Lowe revolution, but because he had no idea of the ability of the youth or the capability of the guy he was to employ, add to that the fact that the cretin actually employed a guy with no experience of the league and it was a disaster waiting to happen. Even you should be able to understandb that

Doesnt that take er.....money to employ them and er.....money made available for them to spend?

To the first part yes, but then again we could empoy someone else for the same amount of money as JP, we all know now that he wasn't as cheap as we were lead to believe. What we would have to pay for a proper manager would be peanuts compared to what we will lose by continuing with the current one

To the second part, no. There is no need to buy players, proper managers will get the current players playing better. All we need to do this season is to find someone who will keep us in the CCC. Its only bad team managers that have to spend money, just ask Arry.

It was finished before it started ,not just because it was a Lowe revolution, but because he had no idea of the ability of the youth or the capability of the guy he was to employ, add to that the fact that the cretin actually employed a guy with no experience of the league and it was a disaster waiting to happen. Even you should be able to understandb that

Like I said, there were other potentially viable approaches he could have taken. If you cared to put forward alternative ideas rather than, as is custom and practice on this forum nowadays, slagging off everything about what we have, it might actually spark a debate.

quite amuzing tonight. the team play like they deserved to get 0 points which going on the games from the rest of the season that hasnt happened that often (i mean almost every game there have been at least some positives) and the usual suspects come out with the usual tripe.

No doubt had they come out and played a blinder im guessing they would then be the silent ones?

The we have no money and what do you suggest tactic???? When was that one ever left alone? When has that changed? We havnt had a serious alternative to friggin support yet so give it a rest of the crap that everyone who doesnt agree with you are lowe appologists please.

Its correct that we wont win or go anywhere when we dont score goals and loaning out 2 of the best strikers in the CCC is always going to be a problem. Who ever realised that should work for Scotland Yard as there detective skills are 2nd to none. :rolleyes:

Lets say lowe walks away tomorrow, we are magically going to start climbing the table huh? Or will not having a decent strike force still be a problem?

Say we manage to get him to go? Unless he is gone for good he is always going to be a bloody problem! Another merry go round of shareholders wanting there time at the top will do us what good exactly?

We can all see the problems and they are becoming painfully obvious but coming on here harping on about being an uber fan because some can see its all going to sh1te gets us as far as trying to hit a home run with a turd and a tenis racket.

Financially there comes a time when you cannot afford NOT to spend money. Right now we need to get rid of an inexperienced manager, we don't have to pay him off straight away, we could dribble money to him, the fact is we need a manager in with experience of English football on a short term contract till the end of the season

Like I said, there were other potentially viable approaches he could have taken. If you cared to put forward alternative ideas rather than, as is custom and practice on this forum nowadays, slagging off everything about what we have, it might actually spark a debate.

plenty of ideas have been put forward time and time again.....only to be dismissed one way or another...so what is the point..?

To the first part yes, but then again we could empoy someone else for the same amount of money as JP, we all know now that he wasn't as cheap as we were lead to believe. What we would have to pay for a proper manager would be peanuts compared to what we will lose by continuing with the current one

To the second part, no. There is no need to buy players, proper managers will get the current players playing better. All we need to do this season is to find someone who will keep us in the CCC. Its only bad team managers that have to spend money, just ask Arry.

I think the combined Burley experience - lots of money spent for little return together with Redknapp - turned Lowe off conventional English managers. IMO he wanted to go with the continental setup as a better long term alternative. It probably was a step too far and taken too late - when we no longer had the great academy players coming through.

The like sof buctootim like to forget about the alternatives that have been put forward many times TDD.

Oh yes I forgot - splash lots of cash we dont have on managers who wouldnt want to come to us and get them to sign players that Arsenal are after. Meanwhile back at the ranch.......

Oh yes I forgot - splash lots of cash we dont have on managers who wouldnt want to come to us and get them to sign players that Arsenal are after. Meanwhile back at the ranch.......

talk about extremes

there are loads of clubs above us with no money to spend and some really really poor players...

talk about extremes

there are loads of clubs above us with no money to spend and some really really poor players...

I know. We seem to have underperformed since we got relegated. Whether it was spending the most in league, having a 'name' manager like Burley, trying a 'revolutionary new setup' on the cheap or having three different Chairmen - nothing has changed the outcome much.

I have just got off the phone to a good mate of mine (no name ,no packdrill - lets just call him Scooby Sundance) and he has asked me to post the following ....

Look , when we were relegated from the Premiership , it was nothing to do with Lowe. It was just our turn to get relegated. 3 clubs go down every year. It was just our turn. Nothing to do with appointing 3 managers in the season and diverting attention from the club to the radio station, the catering and the insurance services etc etc.

If we get relegated this time , it will be nothing to do with Lowe. It was obvious to him, a man steeped in football , that Pearson would never make it as a manager. Why stick with someone like him who knows English football when there are plenty of Dutch non league managers around? What would someone like Pearson,a coach of the England under 21's team know about bringing on young players? How many World Cup finals has Pearson ever played in ??

Anyway who says that we will not anything?? Do you realise that if we go down we will stand a chance to be the first club to win the best catering award in 3 different divisions!!

Edited by Tamesaint

Usual drivel buctoo,plenty of sensible ways forward have been proposed that did not require a predominantly young and inexperienced team of players of unknown quality,and a foreign manager never trusted to manage above 2nd division Dutch football.

We have about 8 players on loan who never play.Would not have happened with Pearson in charge,any loans he would have brought in would have been playing.

Pearson knows British football and players,has excellent contacts.

Financially there comes a time when you cannot afford NOT to spend money. Right now we need to get rid of an inexperienced manager, we don't have to pay him off straight away, we could dribble money to him, the fact is we need a manager in with experience of English football on a short term contract till the end of the season

I dont disagree with that at all. Another thread is suggesting that we are going into Admin in January and if that is the case then the option of spending money is completly out of touch.

If there is enough money to have a re-think then surly we are more than ready for it now? It seems that the positives to take out of each game are getting less and less and with only selling off our remaining tallent to look forward to in January something needs to be done to change the direction we are heading.

Nothing can apologise for that gutless, clueless, spineless excuse of a display.

It is now time for the manager and players to shut up - stop giving us bullsh!t and get on with just working their firking socks off to get us out of the sh!t they have now dropped us in.

God knows what happened today.

I just don't think these kids have got it mentally yet. Any time they are under pressure, they can't cut it - when there is no chance, they are brilliant.

At least we should beat Man United on this basis!!

But otherwise, not 'one of those days' but a total absence of passion and guts.

Unforgiveable. The players owe everyone an apology and that starts not with some sh!t on the OS but by giving their all and getting a win at Plymouth.

Anything else shows that they are masquerading as professional footballers.

Nothing can apologise for that gutless, clueless, spineless excuse of a display.

It is now time for the manager and players to shut up - stop giving us bullsh!t and get on with just working their firking socks off to get us out of the sh!t they have now dropped us in.

God knows what happened today.

I just don't think these kids have got it mentally yet. Any time they are under pressure, they can't cut it - when there is no chance, they are brilliant.

At least we should beat Man United on this basis!!

But otherwise, not 'one of those days' but a total absence of passion and guts.

Unforgiveable. The players owe everyone an apology and that starts not with some sh!t on the OS but by giving their all and getting a win at Plymouth.

Anything else shows that they are masquerading as professional footballers.

jesus..

it must gave been bad if YOU of all people are saying this stuff...:(

I've answered your question 'Buctoodim' any chance of an answer ?

We werent "on the right track before Lowe came back" though were we? Have you really forgotten the near relegation last season despite throwing shed loads of money we didnt have at the problem?

Weve underperformed for three seasons. Little has actually changed, except we are not spending as much money as we used to to get the same result.

jesus..

it must gave been bad if YOU of all people are saying this stuff...:(

DD, they were all over the firking shop. Never mind 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 4-4-2 - people were singing for 4-4-2 and we were bloody playing it!!!!!!

We were just bloody inept.

Seriously, I could have gone on wearing my Loakes and done a better job.

Only KD emerges with any credit.

Oh and the bloke who chipped him from 40 yards - best goal at SMS that I've seen.