Valbuena

Origi

Boruc

Chambers

Fonte

Cork

Jwp

Ings

Gallagher (j rod to come back into the team when fit)

A first XI full of foreigners - it jut doesn't look right after the last couple of seasons. I think it's so much easier to have pride in a team whose core is English. Sad.

If I was being slightly ambitious I'd go for

Marshall to replace Gazza/Kelvin

Someone to replace Shaw, I've no idea how good Indi is

Caulker to replace Jos or Lovren if he leaves

Yarmolenko to replace Guly

Konoplyanka to replace Lallana

Lukaku to replace Lambert

Someone to replace Osvaldo. Not sure on Pelle, a 29 year old with 1 good season in Holland.

That would leave us with a pretty healthy squad IMO.

I think we're a bit more shrewd than that. Being a dutch manager doesn't mean he just signs dutch players by the way....he will have contacts all over the world. I'm sure RK has been briefed on these deals, because he's been told he will be able to reinvest the fees to replace the players that are going.

Personally, I believe Shaw and Lallana have been done for a while in all but signatures, I'm sure RK was aware when he got the job that they were not going to be around. The Lovren/Morgan/Cork/Fonte situations are slightly more interesting and RK may have a little more pull in that area.

That would be my reading of the situation as well. This is why it's key from a PR and player relations perspective that we get 4-5 new signings in place before any further sales of players the club want to retain to 'stop the bleeding' as it were. Koeman should have good traction to bring good players in and let's face it, the squad lacked any kind of depth last season.

Speaking of which, I do get puzzled when I see some posters saying 'if we sign more than five players we'll get relegated etc'. Look how many first teamers we bought in during the summer of 2012! Most of them - Clyne, Boruc, Davis, J Rod have done very well, jury is out on a couple still (Gaston and Maya) but that happens at every club. It's not about the numbers we bring in but about the quality. We can still retain a core of Davis, JWP, Cork, Fonte, Clyne, Chambers, Boruc, J Rod when fit and add some high quality players to it. Need a new GK with Kelvin as 3rd choice/coach and take a bath on Gazza.

Like the sound of signing Kolo and Ings, need pace. Not sure about Pelle but Koeman likes him so have to back the new manager on that.

People seem to think that buying up players from where the manager comes from/has strong connections to will solve all troubles.

Last time I checked the "Spanish Swansea" experiment didn't actually go that well.

They won some silverware and had a good run in Europe, beating Valencia on their own patch. I'd say it went pretty well.

They won some silverware and had a good run in Europe, beating Valencia on their own patch. I'd say it went pretty well.

The cup was previous to their latest (and largest) import session in the summer of 2013, which yes started well enough but there were far too many reports of squad bust-ups to consider it healthy.