Saints Pre Season Thread

Mallagroth

And we'll done on taking the bait again, I like giving you easy shots. I think everyone can all agree you are easy to predict.

Nowhere near as easy as it would be to predict what you will say. That would be to twist anything said by anybody who doesn't agree with you in an effort to ridicule them. What you fail to realise, is that it is you who looks ridiculous for it.

Regarding the questions I asked about Lallana, you have not answered them at all. You dithered and obfuscated your way around them. A simple yes or no will suffice.

And well done again for talking on behalf of everybody

Nowhere near as easy as it would be to predict what you will say. That would be to twist anything said by anybody who doesn't agree with you in an effort to ridicule them. What you fail to realise, is that it is you who looks ridiculous for it.

Regarding the questions I asked about Lallana, you have not answered them at all. You dithered and obfuscated your way around them. A simple yes or no will suffice.

And well done again for talking on behalf of everybody

Dithered and obfuscated around what exactly? Your incisive questions? F u ck me.

Yes, Liverpool overpaid for Lallana. Said that plenty of times. So what? Doesn't make him easy to replace. In case you missed it, that answer was "yes". No dithering. No obfuscation.

And your other question is, I believe "can we replace Lallana?" which of course the answer is yes, and we already have with Tadic. But Tadic is unlikely in season one to end up in the Prem team of the year, or deliver the added extra something that a five year long (virtual) one-club servant like Lallana can. Your answer, sweetheart, is yes, but difficult to replace the Lallana we had last year with Tadic this year. No dithering.

I notice, so pumped up with your Paxman routine you swerved my question in my last post, even avoided quoting it. Funny that...Which is more important right now? A) or B)?

Let's see a straight answer to that then. I bet I don't.

Agreed. Toprak was on of the best defenders in the Bundesliga last season (Bayer were rock solid title contenders until an implosion) and yesterday was no exception. If we got a defender like him, I'd be massively surprised, but delighted.

Another 'Big Up' for Toprak.

Thought he was excellent

I notice, so pumped up with your Paxman routine you swerved my question in my last post, even avoided quoting it. Funny that...Which is more important right now? A) or B)?

Let's see a straight answer to that then. I bet I don't.

That's really easy. A) because it is now recent history. Although I don'r see the relevance of him having been with us 5 years against somebody else who had a similar experience elsewhere with a top team. Lallana's team mates changed quite significantly during that time as we moved up the divisions.

So you lose your bet. But B) is also true and I'm pretty sure that will be shown when Hagiology Publishing come to put his record here into historical perspective.

Apropos of your comments on another thread, I'm certain that the intelligentsia would be capable of spelling that word.

That's really easy. A) because it is now recent history. Although I don'r see the relevance of him having been with us 5 years against somebody else who had a similar experience elsewhere with a top team. Lallana's team mates changed quite significantly during that time as we moved up the divisions.

So you lose your bet. But B) is also true and I'm pretty sure that will be shown when Hagiology Publishing come to put his record here into historical perspective.

Apropos of your comments on another thread, I'm certain that the intelligentsia would be capable of spelling that word.

Thanks for admitting your "historical perspective" was utterly irrelevant. I accept your apology.

Your answer A) is interesting in that you seem to be saying teams can just swap players in and out.

So, Players with a feeling for the club, having worked through the ranks, having extensive experience working in the same environment over an extended period has no value and can be bombed out and someone else dropped in yesterday with no impact on the team. Okay then.

And just because you will pretend you never said anything like that, here is the quote, clearly pulled out:

"I don'r see the relevance of him having been with us 5 years against somebody else who had a similar experience elsewhere with a top team"

Weird we held on to Kelvin for so long really, when any veteran keeper "with experience at a top team" could do the exact same thing.

PS: I have not said Lallana is better than Paine, or even suggested it, so that future book can say what it likes. But failure to understand stuff is pretty much your forum trademark, ain't it.

Thanks for admitting your "historical perspective" was utterly irrelevant. I accept your apology.

Your answer A) is interesting in that you seem to be saying teams can just swap players in and out.

So, Players with a feeling for the club, having worked through the ranks, having extensive experience working in the same environment over an extended period has no value and can be bombed out and someone else dropped in yesterday with no impact on the team. Okay then.

And just because you will pretend you never said anything like that, here is the quote, clearly pulled out:

"I don'r see the relevance of him having been with us 5 years against somebody else who had a similar experience elsewhere with a top team"

Weird we held on to Kelvin for so long really, when any veteran keeper "with experience at a top team" could do the exact same thing.

PS: I have not said Lallana is better than Paine, or even suggested it, so that future book can say what it likes. But failure to understand stuff is pretty much your forum trademark, ain't it.

Historical perspective is never irrelevant; that is how people learn things, through experience. And it wasn't an apology.

Yes teams can and in fact do swap players in and out. :rolleyes:

Yes, players who even though they have a feeling for the club, having worked through the ranks, having extensive experience in the same working environment can be bombed out and somene else dropped in. Especially if they are no longer considered good enough to play at the current level, or indeed the level that the club aspires to be. Players brought in are hoped to improve that team, but only when they have played for a reasonable time can a judgement be reached on whether they have done so. Some of those so called loyal players leave for better things, so why wouldn't a club sell them too if they are not deemed good enough? It's the other side of the coin, you know.

The relevance of the experience of a player who has been with us five years? It isn't a hard and fast rule that a player who has been at a club for five years will be better than one who just joins the club. Only in your mind.

And for future reference just to illustrate the quality of your thought processes :-

West Ham currently as likely to go down as Man United are.

Not weird regarding Kelvin at all. He was a good first choice keeper when we were in the third division and making our way back up. But he wasn't good enough as first choice when we bought Boruc, but still decent enough cover. Now we have Forster, he is again further down the pecking order, but still worth having around for his character and example to the youngsters as a model professional. But if we lost Kelvin to injury, then yes, no problem signing an experienced replacement.

So according to you, I'm short of the ability to understand things clearly, whereas according to another poster, you appear to be mentally ill. Who's right? You about me, or him about you?

In the "guess what Wes Tender will reply with" I anticipated some pompous remarks about how historical perspective is jolly important. You didn't let me down. Spectacularly obvious clunky stuff. Well done.

Equally clunky is some aimless rambling stuff about players not being good enough and being replaced, but what on earth that has to do with Adam Lallana leaving us I will never know. Just the usual handbrake turn into a brand new area when you've been made to look silly on the last topic. Not mentioning Messi and Andy Carroll now then? Just garbage.

I didn't predict you digging up my West Ham line, but crack on - I was right, they were never, ever going down that season (two seasons ago now) and, guess what, they didn't. Stand by that for as long as you want keep digging it up.

Anyway, as ever this is going absolutely nowhere and it sure as hell ain't about Our pre season.

Edited by CB Fry

In the "guess what Wes Tender will reply with" I anticipated some pompous remarks about how historical perspective is jolly important. You, didn't let me down. Spectacularly obvious clunky stuff. Well done.

Equally clunky is some aimless rambling stuff about players not being good enough and being replaced, but what on earth that has to do with Adam Lallana leaving us I will never know. Just the usual handbrake turn into a brand new area when you've been made to look silly on the last topic. Not mentioning Messi and Andy Carroll now then? Just garbage.

I didn't predict you digging up my West Ham line, but crack on - I was right, they were never, ever going down that season (two seasons ago now) and, guess what, they didn't. Stand by that for as long as you want keep digging it up.

Anyway, as ever this is going absolutely nowhere and it sure as hell ain't about Our pre season.

I knew you'd say that.

In the "guess what Wes Tender will reply with" I anticipated some pompous remarks about how historical perspective is jolly important. You didn't let me down. Spectacularly obvious clunky stuff. Well done.

Get a room!!

Koeman says in this interview that we will continue to play a pressing game, yet reports from those at the match say we didn't against Bayer. Did we not attempt it or did we try and fail?

Koeman says in this interview that we will continue to play a pressing game, yet reports from those at the match say we didn't against Bayer. Did we not attempt it or did we try and fail?

We did press, just not with the same proficiency. That will come with time though.