Seasons Predictions

Batman

Because Saints will not play anyone else in those positions. None at all, obviously. Instead we will play a five-a-side team.

no, we are taking players that are proven to provide that and rolling the dice and almost every position with 3 weeks till the start of the season

we will be one of the favourites for the drop (if not already)

I fear we will finish bottom, I just can't see how any club would imagine it can survive in the premier league by throwing a team together in the final 3 weeks of pre season no matter how much money they have. I would say QPR, Norwich, Cardiff and to a lesser extent Sunderland (who really should have gone down last season IMO) are good examples? RK can appear confident but he has no experience in the league to fall back on.

Really wish I could see where those thinking we are going to be top half are finding teams who are going to be worse?

Last year we had a great first 12 or 13 but really struggled when we got a few injuries. This year we are losing a number of those 13 and so far have replaced them with only 2 (exciting prospects to be fair) but who have not played in this country before.

History is littered with sides who had turmoil and went down I am sure every other team are looking at us thinking we can be buried by Xmas.

This is a very good post, but I hope you understand when I say that I sincerely hope you are wrong. A lifetime spent supporting this club and observing the wider game however forces me to the unwelcome conclusion that you may well be right.

As for those who complacently assume we'll be fine despite what can only be described as the virtual destruction of the squad ... well the expression 'I'll have some of what they're drinking' comes to mind. The power of positive thinking may go down well in some godforsaken management seminar, unfortunately that BS won't make a jot of difference once the season starts and hard facts of football life strike home yet again I'm afraid.

Indeed, it's as plain as the nose on your face is it not? This old club of ours is in deep trouble before a ball has even been kicked this season.

We are going to relegate.

100%

Unless, every penny of the transfer money is spent on a minimum of 8 quality players by 1 Sep.

It is becoming clear that Koeman was appointed as the Club knew they'd lost the players. Koeman steadied Fayernord after the sold all their players, what worries me is we won't spend all the cash.

Let's be clear - today we are 100% going down. No brainer.

We are going to relegate.

100%

Unless, every penny of the transfer money is spent on a minimum of 8 quality players by 1 Sep.

It is becoming clear that Koeman was appointed as the Club knew they'd lost the players. Koeman steadied Fayernord after the sold all their players, what worries me is we won't spend all the cash.

Let's be clear - today we are 100% going down. No brainer.

Just a few weeks ago you would have been lambasted for such an view, now you are one of many and even my prediction made in May of 16th to 19th begins to look to optimistic.

No club can survive up to 7 or 8 of your first team squad regular starters being sold in one window without a severe detrimental effect. This will be known in the future of a lesson of how to relegate a club, as a supporter for nearly 50 years I have never seen such wilful damage done to the club I love. We went through admin and I could understand how that occurred and we tried to stave that off by player sales. But with this idiocy I can only see one result RELEGATION. Hope I am wrong, it has been great last 2 years watching my team every Saturday night, but hey ho next year it's back to Sky+ for a quick 30 seconds on after midnight.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9398282/southampton-slashed-for-relegation

Saints slashed for relegation

Southampton’s relegation odds have been slashed yet again as their summer exodus continues with the departures of Dejan Lovren and Calum Chambers.

The defensive duo have completed their moves to Liverpool and Arsenal respectively, meaning the south-coast club have allowed five of their most prized assets to depart, with Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert also leaving.

Sky Bet initially had the Saints as 14/1 outsiders for relegation when they opened betting at the start of the summer but now make them 11/2 for the drop.

The transfer betting is cause for further concern with Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez odds-on to join Tottenham this summer, while record signing Dani Osvaldo is also expected to depart.

Sky Bet Football Trader Jamie Munro said: “The combination of their mass sales and the fact that we’ve seen more money on them than any other club in our relegation betting has forced us to slash their odds considerably.

“It’s unprecedented to cut a Premier League club’s relegation odds by more than half without a ball being kicked but the betting in our Transfer Specials suggests the situation is only going to get worse.

“Schneiderlin and Rodriguez have been well backed to join Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham and there’s little to suggest reinforcements are on the way, while Ronald Koeman’s lack of Premier League experience is also cause for concern.”

I still think we've got a better squad than Leicester, West Brom and Burnley at the moment.

You have to remember Villa stayed up in 2013 having a fu_cking appalling squad, I know it was a struggle for them but they managed it…I believe we can do the same, whether that'll happen or not I don't know.

All depends on if we sign anymore players and how well they all gel together really.

If we sign 0 other players but manage to keep Clyne, Fonte and Cork then I think we'll finish 15th, if we sign 0 other players but lose Clyne, Fonte and Cork we'll finish 19th and be relegated.

If we sign 4 more players and keeep Clyne, Fonte and Cork we'll finish 11th, if we sign 4 more players and lose Clyne, Fonte and Cork I think we'll finish 17th.

I still think we've got a better squad than Leicester, West Brom and Burnley at the moment.

You have to remember Villa stayed up in 2013 having a fu_cking appalling squad, I know it was a struggle for them but they managed it…I believe we can do the same, whether that'll happen or not I don't know.

All depends on if we sign anymore players and how well they all gel together really.

If we sign 0 other players but manage to keep Clyne, Fonte and Cork then I think we'll finish 15th, if we sign 0 other players but lose Clyne, Fonte and Cork we'll finish 19th and be relegated.

If we sign 4 more players and keeep Clyne, Fonte and Cork we'll finish 11th, if we sign 4 more players and lose Clyne, Fonte and Cork I think we'll finish 17th.

What about Morgan?

I wonder if it's possible that we won't even enter the league this year? Seriously though, how many more steps would it take before the PL would pull the plug on us playing Pelle, Tadic and the U13s? (Still assuming Gazzaniga can't get a game). Or KL just pull us out altogether?

Down. We'll be left with too many holes to be filled by our youth, and the youth team didn't do all that well in the u21 league last year. Frankly, I hope it's all over quickly. If we're going down, let's be down by Christmas so we can forget about the hope and/or despair that comes with a relegation fight, and just watch some football.

On the assumption we don't sign anybody else, then we will do as well as Derby did a few seasons back...if we're lucky. I don't believe that will be the case though, so I wouldn't even hazard a guess until I know the squad when the transfer window has shut. I'd be disappointed (and expect a hammering) in the first few games if we didn't sign anybody pretty soon though.

It is going to be a very hard season unless we get some players in before the season starts and no sign of action on the transfer front.

Will Saints ever sign a player again or win a match ever

I think Saints will survive next season and win a couple of games that will make the pundits look very wrong

When the new players come in they won't care a toss what Shaw or Lallana said or did

Feck em they ruined their reputations with us. Not all of them will go on to better things sometimes it goes wrong for players too

I

• 1 month later...
Complete lottery at this stage...

man city

chelsea

arsenal

man Utd

saints to finish 8th

burnley

wba

qpr

coming up

Cardiff

fulham

nottingham forest

As the window is closed now, change in predictions:

Man City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Liverpool

Saints 8th (unchanged)

West Ham

C Palace

Burnley

It's tight at the bottom with many teams improving their sides in the last week of the window.

I decided to be very sad today and did all off the transfers manually for Fifa 14. I then started up a career with Southampton with the new transfers and at the beginning of the season the game does a prediction of where they think clubs are likely to finish and it put us as 10th with our key player being Dusan Tadic, our key defender being Jose Fonte and our break through player being James Ward Prowse. Koeman also goes onto say "We Can Make Europe" and it also states "fans will be in no mood for excuses from forward Graziano Pelle should he fail to find the net regularly throughout the campaign"

So there you have it, Fifa 14 has spoken.

I'm still gunning for 7th :D I reckon we could be in with a shout if everything goes well this season. The potential is definitely there on paper.

Top 5:

Chelsea

City

Arse

Scousehampton

Spuds

Then in some order, Saints, Everton and Utd. Hopefuly us 6th or 7th :p 7th more likely, 8th at least hopefully. 9th if Swansea continue their form.

Relegated:

West Ham

Palace

Burnley