Seasons Predictions

Batman

I can. Seems I am one of many tipping them Saints to struggle this year.

As you've already stated "I think we will finish between 16th and 19th with the current squad." if we finish 15th or better, will you openly admit you're considered opinion of the state of the squad was wrong?

Just curious.

It's one thing to have an perennially pessimistic opinion that obviously upsets people, but if you have the grace to accept you got it wrong, fair enough.

And it is a truism to say that everybody's opinion is worth precisely what someone will pay for it. Yours and mine.

As you've already stated "I think we will finish between 16th and 19th with the current squad." if we finish 15th or better, will you openly admit you're considered opinion of the state of the squad was wrong?

Just curious.

It's one thing to have an perennially pessimistic opinion that obviously upsets people, but if you have the grace to accept you got it wrong, fair enough.

And it is a truism to say that everybody's opinion is worth precisely what someone will pay for it. Yours and mine.

Got no problems with that.

.....by how far we have fallen compared to last season ?

Fallen,don't know,by mid way of last season a few teams were working out how we played. This season we will be an unknown entity to a degree, which will either help or hinder us. I am willing to wait and see what happens,what ever that is I will always follow Saints.

Man City

Chelsea

The Arsenal

Man Utd

Saints somewhere between 8th and 10th. Newcastle and West Ham have strengthened but I can't see anyone else catching us.

Also think we'll have a good go at one I the cups this year after last year's furore (if that's the right word)

Relegated

WBA

Sunderland

Burnley

Boruc/Gazz

Chambers/Clyne Fonte/hoiveld Lovren/Yoshida Targett/McCarthy

Wanyama/Cork Schneiderlein/Reed/JWP

Tadic/McQueen/Mayuka Davis/Ramirez Rodriguez/isgrove

Pelle/Gallagher/Sharp

That team finishes comfortably mid table; probably in 10th place. Think how poor some of Crystal Palaces players are and they finished 11th last year. I cant see Burnley,Villa, Swansea, Leicester, West Brom, Sunderland or Hull being near us (making 13th at least very likely). That leaves QPR, West Ham,Palace and Newcastle as our competition for 10th and I can see us finishing above at least 2 of them.

Obviously I would like a better second striker, a sub keeper, a utility CB/LB and LW cover until Jay Rod gets fit but , barring any departures, I'm going to enjoy watching us trust the new wave of Youth.

Boruc/Gazz

Chambers/Clyne Fonte/hoiveld Lovren/Yoshida Targett/McCarthy

Wanyama/Cork Schneiderlein/Reed/JWP

Tadic/McQueen/Mayuka Davis/Ramirez Rodriguez/isgrove

Pelle/Gallagher/Sharp

That team finishes comfortably mid table; probably in 10th place. Think how poor some of Crystal Palaces players are and they finished 11th last year. I cant see Burnley,Villa, Swansea, Leicester, West Brom, Sunderland or Hull being near us (making 13th at least very likely). That leaves QPR, West Ham,Palace and Newcastle as our competition for 10th and I can see us finishing above at least 2 of them.

Obviously I would like a better second striker, a sub keeper, a utility CB/LB and LW cover until Jay Rod gets fit but , barring any departures, I'm going to enjoy watching us trust the new wave of Youth.

that squad will struggle when the usual injuries/suspensions and loss of form to come in

we got 8th and out of the cups early with a far better squad of players than that. and we were very lucky with injuries to lambert/lallana/shaw/morgan for MOST part of the season

that squad will struggle when the usual injuries/suspensions and loss of form to come in

we got 8th and out of the cups early with a far better squad of players than that. and we were very lucky with injuries to lambert/lallana/shaw/morgan for MOST part of the season

Far better squad? You don't have any in Koeman?

Who knows how he will do, but he may bring out more from some players and develop some of the younger lads.

You obviously feel these are all far weaker?

Koeman

Pelle

Tadic

Targett

And any deficiency is far from made up by Koeman development of JWP, Reid, Gallagher, McQueen, Ramirez ?

The squad maybe weaker, but shows negativity to assume that Koeman, signings plus next young stars are much weaker.

Targett sounds decent but is unlikely to match Shaw, hopefully Tadic will be similar quality to Lallana but I'm optimistic Pelle can add more, v early days tho

How are people feeling about this at the mo?

I expect when the season previews come out that we will be relegation picks for quite a few. Which certainly is a possibility.

If the signings are right in quality and number then we could do fairly well (10th - 12th) but right now there is so much work to do and quite a few sub standard players hanging around.

The best players lift the level of those around them, we will miss that too.

I fear we will finish bottom, I just can't see how any club would imagine it can survive in the premier league by throwing a team together in the final 3 weeks of pre season no matter how much money they have. I would say QPR, Norwich, Cardiff and to a lesser extent Sunderland (who really should have gone down last season IMO) are good examples? RK can appear confident but he has no experience in the league to fall back on.

Really wish I could see where those thinking we are going to be top half are finding teams who are going to be worse?

Last year we had a great first 12 or 13 but really struggled when we got a few injuries. This year we are losing a number of those 13 and so far have replaced them with only 2 (exciting prospects to be fair) but who have not played in this country before.

History is littered with sides who had turmoil and went down I am sure every other team are looking at us thinking we can be buried by Xmas.

We are going to need a very good second half of the season, because it is difficult to see from now to Christmas being anything other than a car crash, and I am still dumb enough to believe we will spend some reasonable money on new recruits. I think we have the manager, and the money (ie I think we will panic buy in January if needed) to do enough for 14-16th. All planets in alignment we could make 12th.

Hard to make a firm prediction while we still don't know if the unlikely will happen and several quality players will be recruited but even if they are, it looks like we will be in the bottom three before the transfer window closes. Based on the situation as it is now, I predict relegation and the resignation of Koeman before the season is out, citing lack of support from the board. If that support starts turning up in the next 2 weeks, things could change but its hard to be optimistic.

If we haven't made a significant signing by Thursday, I won't be using my ticket for the Brighton friendly and it looks like I might be saving some money by not bothering to go to the SMS this season. As a fan who loves this club, withdrawing my attendance whilst the management is acting unacceptably, is about all one individual can do.

Edited by Professor

Being optimistic, I expect us to make 6 signings for the starting line-up and be rooted to the bottom of the table from the start and then progress in the second half of the season to finish on a season high of 14th. If we sign 3 new players and try to hedge our bets by playing the youngsters and relying on the January window if things are not panning out then there is only one way for us, and Yazz didn't sing about it.

I'm going to stick my neck out and predict bottom three...based on the inability to close out deals, a completely new way of playing and a lack of goals and a leaking defence.

I can then be pleasantly surprised when we over perform.

That is a very good 'coping strategy'.

That's the scariest thing I've ever read tbh.

Agreed, if we don't get some very good signings you can only see us heading, no hurtling towards the trap door at break neck speed. Could be one of the biggest falls of grace since that lot down the road collapsed. The money is the 'only' consolation but will it still be AVAILABLE to the club if we get relegated ?

I think a lot of people defending the sales really need to look at that. It is very scary to see what we have given up in terms of percentages and stats.

Because Saints will not play anyone else in those positions. None at all, obviously. Instead we will play a five-a-side team.