Seasons Predictions

Batman

I think we'll end up 10th - 12th when it is all said and done. I think it will be a half decent season where we go through fits and spurts of form and then come the summer anyone half decent will move on. Basically, back to what we all know as Saints supporters except perhaps a more comfortable season than fighting relegation.

We are currently well off the pace. If things don't change dramatically then I honestly think we'll be relegated. Too many changes, a lack of experience and a manager with no premiership experience.

Dude, how much Premiership experience did Pochettino have when he took over from Adkins?

he had a very settled squad

We have only lost 3 players and have replaced with 2 who look like they can do the biz. We still have a lot of quality in the squad and are still well ahead of all of the promoted teams in terms of quality. It takes a special type of pessimist to expect us to get relegated at this point.

We have only lost 3 players and have replaced with 2 who look like they can do the biz. We still have a lot of quality in the squad and are still well ahead of all of the promoted teams in terms of quality. It takes a special type of pessimist to expect us to get relegated at this point.

ONLY...ONLY?

3 of our crown jewells mate. I thought Ossie and Gaston were going to tear this league apart. They simply havent and one failed on a spectacular level and now swans about doing what he wants...

lovren is off and morgan publically wants out

jrod is out till november

manager has gone

its going to be very tough to replicated any sort of form like last season IMO

[TABLE=width: 247]

[TR]

[TD]Ch[/TD]

[TD]Southampton FC[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2nd[/TD]

[TD]Saints[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3rd[/TD]

[TD]Southampton Saints[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4th[/TD]

[TD]The Mighty Saints[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5th[/TD]

[TD]So'ton[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6th[/TD]

[TD]The Stripes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]SFC[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8th[/TD]

[TD]Super Saints[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9th[/TD]

[TD]Soushamptons[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10th[/TD]

[TD]Sarfampton[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11th[/TD]

[TD]Southshampton Chef Sea[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12th[/TD]

[TD]Shaints[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13th[/TD]

[TD]The Red n Whites[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14th[/TD]

[TD]Super Stripes[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15th[/TD]

[TD]The Only Team In Hampshire[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16th[/TD]

[TD]S'hampton FC[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]17th[/TD]

[TD]You Reds[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]R[/TD]

[TD]Scousehampton[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]R[/TD]

[TD]Liversaints[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]R[/TD]

[TD]Sainstpool[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

ONLY...ONLY?

3 of our crown jewells mate. I thought Ossie and Gaston were going to tear this league apart. They simply havent and one failed on a spectacular level and now swans about doing what he wants...

lovren is off and morgan publically wants out

jrod is out till november

manager has gone

its going to be very tough to replicated any sort of form like last season IMO

Hang on. You can't call Swansea weaker for Bony & Davies having not gone yet (looks likely at least one of those will be gone) yet it's ok to call Lovren & Morgan goners. Seems a tad inconsistent.

It may tough (it was alwas going to be tough to repliucate last season anyway) well be but it doesnt mean we are already relegation fodder!

Lovren and Morgan have not gone and may well not go.

jrod is out whatever happens but we now have Pelle and I am postive we will get another striker in soon.

Gaston is a decent player who hasnt delieverd yet. Perhaps Ron's new system will get the best out of him?

Yes the manager has gone and look who we have instead - possibly a better one!!!

Liverpool are going through major changes and have lost one of the best strikers in the world. Relegation fodder???

Hang on. You can't call Swansea weaker for Bony & Davies having not gone yet (looks likely at least one of those will be gone) yet it's ok to call Lovren & Morgan goners. Seems a tad inconsistent.

I may not have seen Bony saying to the national media that his head was at liverpool already

It's not just losing 3 players though is it. Most importantly we have lost our manager. Lovren and Schneiderlin will probably go as well. Osvaldo and Ramirez clearly don't want to be here. This summer we needed to get rid of the players that are not good enough and build on the squad but we have done neither so far.

A few good signings and I will change my mind but at the moment (which is all we can judge on) we are not good enough.

On the one hand you're perfectly happy to make a judgement on how we will fare based on how many other players might yet leave, and then you say that when you know which players will replace them, you might revise your opinion. If you're going to make a judgement call on the situation at the moment, then have some consistency and do that, not on who might leave.

So we lost Pochettino. You are quite happy to offer to revise your opinion if we make a few good signings of players, but apparently not able to quite get yourself to make up your mind whether Koeman was a worthy replacement.

Osvaldo didn't exactly add much to the team, nor did Ramirez, so on the face of it, them going will not be such a great loss. So if we get shot of Osvaldo and Ramirez comes good, we are already in a better place.

I'm with some others in believing that we have a better manager than Pochettino and quite possibly better players in Pelle and Tadic than Lambert and Lallana.

1. Chelsea

2. Man Utd

3. Man City

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Newcastle

9. West Ham

10. QPR

11. Stoke

12. C Palace

13. Sunderland

14. Southampton

15. Aston Villa

16. West Brom

17. Hull

18. Swansea

19. Leicester

20. Burnley

Footnotes; Arsenal will be genuine contenders til Feb, then fade again. Man Utd will be resurgent but Chelsea too strong. Man City just will misfire far more with bigger emphasis on Champs League performance. Spurs will do well but slip away in the last two months from 3rd to 6th. Liverpool won't hit the heights of last year (obvious, that). Improved seasonal performances from Newcastle, West Ham and Stoke. Palace will surprise again and QPR will be solid this time. West Brom, despite the appointment of Alan Irvine will actually do OK, bog-average. Swansea and Hull will struggle, the latter because of the Europa and the former because I don't think Garry Monk can but it. Swansea will be awful but replace him and have an upturn - but not enough to keep them up. Burnley will be popular because of Dyche and their style (think Blackpool in the Prem) but will still go, as will Leicester - who'll not score enough goals (not concede many, but still not score enough to keep them above water) and play dull, turgid football under Pearson.

Edited by Crab Lungs

Prob not many but they'll be more settled than us.

So you admit you wouldn't want many of their players in our team, so what makes you then think they'll finish above us then?

Define "more settled"? Saints have lost from last season a key player at fullback, midfield and striker - so have Newcastle with Cabaye, Remy and Debuchy no longer at the club. What makes you think they will move ahead of Saints to 8th and we'd drop to 14th?

Edited by Matthew Le God

So you admit you wouldn't want many of their players in our team, so what makes you then think they'll finish above us then?

Define "more settled"? Saints have lost from last season a key player at fullback, midfield and striker - so have Newcastle with Cabaye, Remy and Debuchy no longer at the club. What makes you think they will move ahead of Saints to 8th and we'd drop to 14th?

Haha here you go again MLG with your facts, and logic. That's not welcome here!!

Do you fancy making a prediction mlg?

Its the 18th July, its still far too early to really tell. But as things currently stand I struggle to see that even with Lambert, Lallana and Shaw leaving a strong case that any of the sides below us last season or newly promoted sides have improved their squads enough to overtake Saints. So I think we have a good chance of maintaining 8th position, especially if we bring in another striker and left back of good quality.

Or will you just do what you always do and shy away from giving an actual opinion for fear that it may be wrong in the future?

I think as I've given an opinion on literally thousands of Saints related things on a commercially available product since 2007 that is one accusation of me that doesn't really stand up. I'm likely to have given more publicly available opinions on Southampton football club than anyone else on the planet.

Edited by Matthew Le God

We didn't go through the season thrashing sides. There was a fine line between winning and losing. Having Lallana and Shaw in our side (and Morgan and Lovren), among the best players in the league, is why we secured so many points. Without that quality the fine line in our favour may move towards the opposition. Wins may become draws and draws become defeats.

Obviously Lovren and Morgan haven't left yet. That will have a major bearing on our final league position. The players coming in to replace them will also be critical. Hopefully there will be more Lovren's than Osvlado's in terms of instant impact and season long performance. My fear is the players come in are simply not as good (immediately) as those that have left. Time will tell.

He decides on the the numbers against each players abilities. Every one is an opinion.

And yet hypochondriac and Batman constantly say I always sit on the fence and never give an opinion on anything. It doesn't really stand up as a criticism of me.

I've never seen them say how good out of 20 they think Jonathan Forte is at heading! :p

And yet hypochondriac and Batman constantly say I always sit on the fence and never give an opinion on anything. It doesn't really stand up as a criticism of me.

no, on here, you opinion is nothing more than what the club are currently doing

regardless of what you do on Football manager. Even then, you get that wrong. Plymouth Argyle as a rival. Never read so much crap in my life (well, I have, but you get my point)

no, on here, you opinion is nothing more than what the club are currently doing

regardless of what you do on Football manager. Even then, you get that wrong. Plymouth Argyle as a rival. Never read so much crap in my life (well, I have, but you get my point)

How good out of 20 do you think Jonathan Forte is at heading?

We didn't go through the season thrashing sides. There was a fine line between winning and losing. Having Lallana and Shaw in our side (and Morgan and Lovren), among the best players in the league, is why we secured so many points. Without that quality the fine line in our favour may move towards the opposition. Wins may become draws and draws become defeats.

Obviously Lovren and Morgan haven't left yet. That will have a major bearing on our final league position. The players coming in to replace them will also be critical. Hopefully there will be more Lovren's than Osvlado's in terms of instant impact and season long performance. My fear is the players come in are simply not as good (immediately) as those that have left. Time will tell.

And my prediction will change if players leave and inferior ones join, I think the style and tactics of RK will lead to more goals but currently I think we'll do fine.

At the moment things are not looking at all good for next season with Morgan and Lovren likely to go and Saints seemingly struggling to get new signings over the line. Currently i think we will be in a relegation scrap and if unlucky with injuries will be relegated.

I am however hopeful that we will start to land some quality signings and things will feel better as it has been a massively frustrating summer to be a Saints fan so far for me anyway with all our best players constantly linked away or already gone. No new signings seem imminent despite people hinting about done deals for a lb and gk.

I am concerned that we might be chasing unrealistic targets like De Vrij and then find the alternative we have lined up like Caulker has gone to one of our rivals.

If Morgan and Dejan do leave we need 6 signings to have a competitive squad imo gk,lb,2xcb,winger and striker(So a lot of work needing doing in next few weeks to make sure we are ready)

Would be good to hear from the itk's that we are making some serious progress of getting some signings in. The mood will definately further drop if the next transfers are Morgan and Dejan out without the replacements being brought in 1st!!

At the moment things are not looking at all good for next season with Morgan and Lovren likely to go and Saints seemingly struggling to get new signings over the line. Currently i think we will be in a relegation scrap and if unlucky with injuries will be relegated.

I am however hopeful that we will start to land some quality signings and things will feel better as it has been a massively frustrating summer to be a Saints fan so far for me anyway with all our best players constantly linked away or already gone. No new signings seem imminent despite people hinting about done deals for a lb and gk.

I am concerned that we might be chasing unrealistic targets like De Vrij and then find the alternative we have lined up like Caulker has gone to one of our rivals.

If Morgan and Dejan do leave we need 6 signings to have a competitive squad imo gk,lb,2xcb,winger and striker(So a lot of work needing doing in next few weeks to make sure we are ready)

Would be good to hear from the itk's that we are making some serious progress of getting some signings in. The mood will definately further drop if the next transfers are Morgan and Dejan out without the replacements being brought in 1st!!

What?

Morgan is my favourite player and i would hate to lose him. However, i think the impact of losing him is not THAT great simply because we have quality cover in his position. I'd be happy enough with a central midfield of Wanyama and Cork. They aren't gonna win any prizes for creativity but they do a very effective, understated job.

Lovren, on the other hand, would be a big loss. Losing him, without a decent replacement, would cost us a lot of places. Fonte is a liability without Lovren, and an accident waiting to happen even with him, but just about passable. Losing Lovren is losing 2 centre backs without replacing him(them).

As things stand right here and right now though i think you have to have extremely dark glasses to think we will be in a relegation scrap