Katharina Liebherr

Fitzhugh Fella

Not sure why it has to be a contest between the two? Cortèse took us to where we are. KL has now hired someone else to run the club doesn't make either the devil.

Personally I had my doubts about KL but from what I saw when sitting near her and RK at the Leverkusen game, talking to a staff member who feels the club is a great place to work now, and seeing one of the young liebherrs going back into the stadium to pick up a couple of programmes to take away for after the game reading says to me they are interested and enjoying the experience.

Will she own the club forever? Probably not... Will we win the champions league? Probably not....will Morgan stay long term? Probably not.(won't matter who is in charge that's not going to happen) However am I happy KL owns us? Yes I am now and even if we struggle I am behind her. A few years ago I never thought I would see the day when I saw a saints team containing one £10m player let alone a few and a £10m pound goalkeeper!

Long may she be our owner. She has done all she can to give us a chance -she doesn't scout, buy and train the players after all! I feel she now deserves our full support.

Not sure why it has to be a contest between the two? Cortèse took us to where we are. KL has now hired someone else to run the club doesn't make either the devil.

Personally I had my doubts about KL but from what I saw when sitting near her and RK at the Leverkusen game, talking to a staff member who feels the club is a great place to work now, and seeing one of the young liebherrs going back into the stadium to pick up a couple of programmes to take away for after the game reading says to me they are interested and enjoying the experience.

Will she own the club forever? Probably not... Will we win the champions league? Probably not....will Morgan stay long term? Probably not.(won't matter who is in charge that's not going to happen) However am I happy KL owns us? Yes I am now and even if we struggle I am behind her. A few years ago I never thought I would see the day when I saw a saints team containing one £10m player let alone a few and a £10m pound goalkeeper!

Long may she be our owner. She has done all she can to give us a chance -she doesn't scout, buy and train the players after all! I feel she now deserves our full support.

Where have you been last couple of months? Lol

There are no problems pre season. It's only a problem come the start of the season and I saw very few problems in the performance today.

People seem to automatically think that change is a problem. We have a different team to the one I started supporting 35 years ago and we have a different team to the one I was supporting last year. No problem.

Where have you been last couple of months? Lol

There are no problems pre season. It's only a problem come the start of the season and I saw very few problems in the performance today.

People seem to automatically think that change is a problem. We have a different team to the one I started supporting 35 years ago and we have a different team to the one I was supporting last year. No problem.

So what's the 'project' now? Staying in the PL? Great, just the same as 15 other teams then.

What would you like the project to be?

I thought the club said European football (Europa I assume not CL) realistically staying in the PL, a cup or an outside shot at the Europa league is about the best a club like ours can hope for IMO.

So what's the 'project' now? Staying in the PL? Great, just the same as 15 other teams then.

What would you like the project to be?

I thought the club said European football (Europa I assume not CL) realistically staying in the PL, a cup or an outside shot at the Europa league is about the best a club like ours can hope for IMO.

There are still respected and well connected journalists (not least Tony Evans, football editor of the Times) who say that she wants out. Not sure what to make of that

That would be the same Tony Evans who was adamant that the Qatar Super League was coming and was going to change football forever, and refused to believe that it was a figment of a French blogger's imagination despite fairly clear evidence to prove as much.

There are still respected and well connected journalists (not least Tony Evans, football editor of the Times) who say that she wants out. Not sure what to make of that

That would be the same Tony Evans who was adamant that the Qatar Super League was coming and was going to change football forever, and refused to believe that it was a figment of a French blogger's imagination despite fairly clear evidence to prove as much.

Yep, that's it. Outside of the top five, every other Premier League club is just making up the numbers.

It's a fact every other club has to live and deal with unless a) the owner wants to pump in similar amounts to Chelsea and Man City (and I don't think any of us really wants that) or b) something is done to curb and cap the financial imbalance that makes the PL a hollow mockery of a competition.

As neither a) nor b) look likely to happen, we will just have to accept that we are makeweights.

That's when you then start to get to get into the debate about the validity of the Pl as a competitive entity in its current state.

Yep, that's it. Outside of the top five, every other Premier League club is just making up the numbers.

It's a fact every other club has to live and deal with unless a) the owner wants to pump in similar amounts to Chelsea and Man City (and I don't think any of us really wants that) or b) something is done to curb and cap the financial imbalance that makes the PL a hollow mockery of a competition.

As neither a) nor b) look likely to happen, we will just have to accept that we are makeweights.

That's when you then start to get to get into the debate about the validity of the Pl as a competitive entity in its current state.

Without wishing to be considered to be the least bit sycophantic, one tweet from Solent today made me think the future is reassuring.

When Clyne scored for Saints, apparently our owner, Miss Liebherr leapt from her seat just like a true fan.

Also, the fact she travelled up with the squad last night and stayed in the same hotel makes me think if she has not actually become a fan she is showing a healthy interest in the club over and above just being a random owner. Cortese regularly missed matches and sometimes Saints previously were not even represented in the Board room at games.

Maybe, just maybe we have an owner who has become genuinely interested in our fate and that can be no bad thing. I know we lost today but there were encouraging signs on and off the pitch. Onwards and upwards.

Christ I sound like NickG

Thank You for posting that Duncan. I have been one of her biggest critics and have a 4 point infraction LOL what you say is encouraging as was todays performance, should have got at least a point or more :)

Without wishing to be considered to be the least bit sycophantic, one tweet from Solent today made me think the future is reassuring.

When Clyne scored for Saints, apparently our owner, Miss Liebherr leapt from her seat just like a true fan.

Also, the fact she travelled up with the squad last night and stayed in the same hotel makes me think if she has not actually become a fan she is showing a healthy interest in the club over and above just being a random owner. Cortese regularly missed matches and sometimes Saints previously were not even represented in the Board room at games.

Maybe, just maybe we have an owner who has become genuinely interested in our fate and that can be no bad thing. I know we lost today but there were encouraging signs on and off the pitch. Onwards and upwards.

Christ I sound like NickG

Thank You for posting that Duncan. I have been one of her biggest critics and have a 4 point infraction LOL what you say is encouraging as was todays performance, should have got at least a point or more :)

Maybe that is the problem. The Board has, over the past 35 years, let the players get old. I bet they even let some of the die.

Maybe that is the problem. The Board has, over the past 35 years, let the players get old. I bet they even let some of the die.

Much of last seasons transfers and staplwood.

Our Kat had to fund c£28 mil at the end of April to meet payments due.

Nic was playing with Kat's cash.

If nothing else, you have to question the wisdom of an owner giving carte blanche to an employee?? Either it did not happen, or we have a very very naive owner (which I find hard to believe). Get over the NC bashing for crying out loud. Chairman/CEO's are hired to "play with the owners money" - that's the whole point!

Most likely is that KL wanted a change - which is absolutely her right, and NC did not want to be part of that (also his right), so a parting of the ways - all perfectly normal in the daily business world. So why the need for conspiracy or trashing NC??

Much of last seasons transfers and staplwood.

Our Kat had to fund c£28 mil at the end of April to meet payments due.

Nic was playing with Kat's cash.

If nothing else, you have to question the wisdom of an owner giving carte blanche to an employee?? Either it did not happen, or we have a very very naive owner (which I find hard to believe). Get over the NC bashing for crying out loud. Chairman/CEO's are hired to "play with the owners money" - that's the whole point!

Most likely is that KL wanted a change - which is absolutely her right, and NC did not want to be part of that (also his right), so a parting of the ways - all perfectly normal in the daily business world. So why the need for conspiracy or trashing NC??

I think the theory is that NC took the limbo status that arose out of ML's death to run things his own way, but that limbo status ended last year.

I think the theory is that NC took the limbo status that arose out of ML's death to run things his own way, but that limbo status ended last year.

Bashing? Conspiracy? Wtf are you on about?

I'm giving you facts.

Kat paid c£28m from her own pocket at the end of April. Fact.

Staplewood was to cost £14m but cost £38m inc £4m of what is described as "waste". Fact.

Kat has thrown a fortune at the club since her dad died. Fact.

We have a more sustainable club since Nic left. Fact.

Edited by egg

I'm giving you facts.

Staplewood was to cost £14m but cost £38m inc £4m of what is described as "waste". Fact.

Edited by egg

I'm giving you facts.

I am not disputing any of your claims. Could you provide links supporting them? Pretty please.

I'm giving you facts.

I am not disputing any of your claims. Could you provide links supporting them? Pretty please.

Links are only possible for matters reported online or in the press.

I'm giving you actual numbers and facts. For obvious reasons I can't say how I'm aware of them.

At the end of the day mate believe what you want. Pretty please.

I'm giving you actual numbers and facts. For obvious reasons I can't say how I'm aware of them.

That's fine. I was just concerned that somehow I had missed this information being published somewhere. I don't doubt you because I have no reason to. The pretty please was offered not as sarcasm but because I knew it would be a pain to post several links and I was trying to be nice.

That's fine. I was just concerned that somehow I had missed this information being published somewhere. I don't doubt you because I have no reason to. The pretty please was offered not as sarcasm but because I knew it would be a pain to post several links and I was trying to be nice.