Schniderlin want cup success

Turkish

Some strange comments from Morgan talking about the players wanting success in the Capital One cup and how it can lead us into the Europa League. I thought both competitions were beneath us?

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11489060.Schneiderlin__Cup_road_can_lead_us_to_Europe/

I suspect that was a " job-saving " quote from MP last season... when things weren't going quite so well as NC wanted.

Will be interesting to see how far " his new club " will get in the competition.. and as soon as they are " out of it ", then Spuds can concentrate on winning the Premier League :lol::lol::lol:

I suspect that was a " job-saving " quote from MP last season... when things weren't going quite so well as NC wanted.

Will be interesting to see how far " his new club " will get in the competition.. and as soon as they are " out of it ", then Spuds can concentrate on winning the Premier League :lol::lol::lol:

I actually think you may be close to the truth here!

Lallana made a similar comment last season in the FA cup just before we played Sunderland.......that ended well for us

Those were the days when we had ambition and pointless competitions like the league cup and Europa league were not good enough for us.

Its pointless comparing last season with this. RK has already shown in his cup line ups that he intends to take this seriously.

I am not saying this will happen, but since we have probably exceeded early expectations things may change on how we approach this cup, I wouldn't be overly gutted if we rested quite a few a ensure 3 pts Saturday.

For what it's worth I can see RK putting out a more than capable side

2-0 saints Mane & Long

I am not saying this will happen, but since we have probably exceeded early expectations things may change on how we approach this cup, I wouldn't be overly gutted if we rested quite a few a ensure 3 pts Saturday.

2-0 saints Mane & Long

The early indications suggest we are a decent PL side and shouldn't need to worry about relegation on the other hand we are unlikely to finish in the top 5 either I don't see the point of dimissing the cups so we can, lets say, finish 9th instead of 10th. Go all out for the cups I say finishing 8th last season was nice but in reality it became rather boring in the tail end of last season.

The early indications suggest we are a decent PL side and shouldn't need to worry about relegation on the other hand we are unlikely to finish in the top 5 either I don't see the point of dimissing the cups so we can, lets say, finish 9th instead of 10th. Go all out for the cups I say finishing 8th last season was nice but in reality it became rather boring in the tail end of last season.

God forbid boredom for a Saints fan! Every other day there seems to be some kind of crisis affecting the club.

is there a yawn icon..... :yawn:

yep, found it.

Serious question: How long are you going to keep posting this rhetorical rhetoric up?

Or are you just a saddo that salivates at the thought of people like me being wound up on it?

:poundit:

Obviously you are :D

2-0 saints Mane & Long

I'd say the complete opposite. Our good start means we already have points to spare in the League so we have permission to go for it in the cups.