The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

And which part of me mentioning "watermark effect" (probably better to say "embossed") and navy Umbro kit made you think that I was talking about any other shirt? I was asking which OTHER Umbro shirts had anything like that. There were none, though plenty had little design tags and labels which were a nice touch.

Oh, and FWIW, I bought a white 2012/13 away (and home FA Cup) shirt on eBay last weekend for all of £15, been after one for ages.

It's out today, has anyone received theirs yet? (Hope no-one pre-ordered one with Clyne on the back.)

Also, confirmation on the club website of the JD sports locations where our kit will be sold:

Newport IOW

London Oxford Street

Gatwick South Departures

Eastleigh

Southampton West Quay

Southampton Above Bar

LONDON OXFORD STREET!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a new day for replica kit sales right there.

I am also amused that if I wasn't off down the Megastore in half an hour that I could have picked up my new shirt at Gatwick just before flying to Munich for Salzburg next week.

Interesting to see that the "screen printed" badges on all the training kit seem to use a scanned image of the embroidered version - they're also pretty decent quality - no melting into the lines on this, for a start - and technically, isn't this a new club badge? I don't recall any previous versions having the detail on the green part of the tree?

10455424_10152938613031931_4743274306047127853_n.jpg?oh=8f5bcb796d636d27b1cd26d50cbafdca&oe=56328070

Just because this thread is still twitching, and this is a 2015/16 adidas shirt, here's the new Man U shirt finally leaked properly:

15UTDHLK1-1021x580.jpg

I like the old-school style adidas Man U collar from the 80s, clever design. They've undone it all with the hideous jagged trefoil thing going on with their black change kit though. :o

• 2 weeks later...
Norwich City have unveiled their yellow and green 3rd kit which will be used in the event of a clash with either their yellow and green home kit or their green and yellow away kit.

I like this, it's an excellent level of silliness to go with their AWFUL attempted halved home shirt.

I like this, it's an excellent level of silliness to go with their AWFUL attempted halved home shirt.

I've now just seen their home, away and third kits. Bonkers.

Home: yellow and green halves (with big ugly yellow advert square on the front).

Away: green with yellow pinstripes (with less ugly green square)

Third: hideous green orange and yellow hooped thing with big ugly square on the front. Black shorts and socks. Clashes with home shirt.

I've now just seen their home, away and third kits. Bonkers.

Home: yellow and green halves (with big ugly yellow advert square on the front).

Away: green with yellow pinstripes (with less ugly green square)

Third: hideous green orange and yellow hooped thing with big ugly square on the front. Black shorts and socks. Clashes with home shirt.

I find myself not totally disliking any of them!

Granted the huge Aviva square is unfortunate but at least club and sponsor have such a close arrangement that (on the home and away at least) the logo is amended to 'suit' the kit colours. (Looks truly awful on the third, bringing in yet another green and yellow as it does).

But, in isolation, none of these are that bad(are they?!) The halves is quite traditional and the away pinstripe is a bit seventiesy and I like that too, whilst the third has overtones of the gloriously bonkers Carlisle Deckchair kit.

Although, as a set of home/away/third kits it makes no sense at all, each shirt is okay I think - Not world changing but not awful either.

I clearly either have no taste at all or I am just too damn couture for my own good.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
The new Barca home kit is smart. They seem to change all the time, so long as the colour scheme remains, it's stripes, hoops, halves and other variations. That's what I'd like Saints to do, so long as it's red and white, means it's us but remains distinctive and interesting. I fear Cortese has ruined that chance for us a bit, having gone all red (which was ****) might put the board off changing from red and white stripes again.

Yet huge numbers seem to love the Xerox and Air Florida kits. They'd clearly sell well. I wouldn't mind seeing a Saints version of the current Barca shirt, or even a season in halves.

It's the first time Barca have worn hoops and I hate it. Their halved shirts at least reflect their original style (as would ours, the club wore the sash, quarters and halves in the early days).

I'd hate us to look like Doncaster. Stripes, and failing that sash or broad centre stripe please.