The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

We have a central brand logo on our two Hummel kit's for the youth team I manage, as they do for all of their team wear range. As a result we place the club crest central, underneath the brand logo, which looks brilliant. No idea why Adidas use a central brand logo given the size and placement of it, and the fact that they only seem to use it when they fancy, it just doesn't make sense! I'm a big fan of having the club crest central, but it just wouldn't work on any of the Adidas kits so it's quite bizarre! Still like the home kit mind...

When's the away kit being released??

Guessing 1st August or thereabouts, in line with previous years. If we make the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round probably the week before, as that starts July 30th.

Interesting to see the new Benfica shirt is identical to Saints with the exception of the lack of white stripes (and the location of the adidas logo and different sponsors, obvs). Can't see from this whether the sleeve shapes are the same or not, but the tape around the bottom leads me to believe it's the same template.

Benfica15.jpg

That actually looks decent, as the Adidas logo isnt in the middle, that just makes it look rubbish.

Have to a agree with you (although it may be the OCD in me). When you look at the keeper kit, it's balanced, so no idea why they couldn't put the Adidas opposite the Saints Crest.

Because all their striped templates have central logos.

Not convinced those plain red socks with white trim are the actual design btw. Though it may be naive of me to think the design in the picture had at LEAST a black hoop and we're not getting some crappy generic adidas socks that various other sides have been rotating through for about 4 years. :o

Edited by The9

Note also that on the kids' shirt the white stripes at the side of the front piece are not just cut into by the red side panels, they're completely missing.

Also on the kids' shirt, the badge is on the white stripe, whilst on the video unveil it's on the red stripe, and in the illustration it's across both colours evenly...

Apologies in advance for this one, these were the result of their votes.

Portsmouth15.jpg

I pray we never end up in a situation where we have to have f*cking Sondico as our kit supplier! I mean Jesus f*cking chr*st! The away kit looks diabolical as well.

I think adidas are ok for us but I don't like the template implementation very much, always looks very paneled and the three stripes prevalence just means you look like an identikit team. Nike would be better or Puma just because even though they have templates, they look a lot less uniform. Adidas I swear just struggle to make attractive looking kits, especially for stripes!

That said I will get ours but here's hoping we go maybe puma or nike for the next one.

The home kit looks like a market knock-off Chelsea kit from 2001.

Described by the not very good Football-Shirts.co.uk site as looking like the new Everton shirt (which again has the old le coq sportif style rounded triangle neck).

Apologies in advance for this one, these were the result of their votes.

Portsmouth15.jpg

I'm surprised there isn't orange on their kits. Don't they have to double as parking attendants before the match? Ooo no one goes to their games, nevermind.

Up the Minstermen!

Lets all be glad that adidas didn't have the chance to add some "design" to the Saints shirt if this is their best idea:

15UNITED3RDLKL-640x640.jpg

15UNITED3RDLKL1.jpg

if ever there was a design that didn't need revamping, it was this:

15UNITED3RDLKL3.jpg

We have a central brand logo on our two Hummel kit's for the youth team I manage, as they do for all of their team wear range. As a result we place the club crest central, underneath the brand logo, which looks brilliant. No idea why Adidas use a central brand logo given the size and placement of it, and the fact that they only seem to use it when they fancy, it just doesn't make sense! I'm a big fan of having the club crest central, but it just wouldn't work on any of the Adidas kits so it's quite bizarre! Still like the home kit mind...

Baffled why more top flight clubs don't go with Hummel.... there stuff is awesome in my most humble of opinions....

Terrible! The 'Saints' badge is on the wrong side and to far over.... It is also not our badge!!

Fairly sure they're only kids sizes and were in the store over a year ago. It's just something adidas to sell with a Saints badge added, and the reason the badge is the wrong side is because it's regular adidas clothing with their logo where it usually is, and the Saints badge added later.

Can I get Europa League badges on the arms!? :D

I wouldn't if I was you, seeing as we won't be able to wear the unveiled home shirt in the Europa League due to the UEFA regulations on numbers over stripes... at best we'll have a plain (probably red) panel on the back for the Europa games - though I'm not entirely sure that applies to qualification rounds - I think Hull had a "panel" last season though, so I guess it does.

Long and short though, it'll be a different back, even if the front is the same. I assume the club have plans - maybe they'll do us a white/red sash shirt for Europe to match the away design? :D

Oh, and there's been a slight tweak to the Europa League logo for next season too, so don't buy any old ones on eBay.

Europahomealtshorts.jpg

Edited by The9

More importantly, the pre-order does confirm we'll be having crappy generic adidas red socks with white trim. Which is alright, I'm sure there are loads of clubs still selling those off from last season at less than £10.

Shorts do have the white hoop around the top, otherwise fairly standard adidas.

If you want to get into some really loserish detail about Hull's Euro kits last season I can recommend this...

https://hullcitykits.co.uk/europa-league-play-kit-summary/

Apparently Hull were meant to remove the word "Umbro" from the sleeves of their shirts and didn't. And they wore their white away European kit at Lokeren after asking Lokeren to wear their away kit at home so there would be a clash... :D

No doubt as a result of helmets like me phoning them up to say my discount didn't go through (it didn't, they even took my card) and them having to refund me about £15 retrospectively.