The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

Just about to get interested in the video for the top being worn, and we see a shot of the bloke wearing a bog-standard Adidas firebird style tracksuit in the pic with Le Tiss. Tch.

I think the hint is in 'bog-standard Adidas".

Anyway, as I can't see it on this thread, the bloke is Tom Davis (@BigTomD) and don't be surprised if the new kit launch somehow incorporates footage of him playing office golf with Matt Le Tiss using striped golf balls.

That was amazing! Loved the dig at Pochettino by saying his name wrong "Paccino brought it in last year" :lol: and the players did a really good job. Very funny, that hit the spot for me :lol: our media team get better and better!

I think people are reading too much into the wallpaper thing

Looking at it from the other direction, if the director of the 'film' said to the 'props department' : "hey guys, can you print me off an A3 sheet of red and white stripes please?" Why would the prop department choose to print something that wasn't equal width stripes? The fact that they arent equal width would suggest to me that someone made a conscious decision to print it that way.

I'm defo in the 'think too hard about it' camp :)

Looking at it from the other direction, if the director of the 'film' said to the 'props department' : "hey guys, can you print me off an A3 sheet of red and white stripes please?" Why would the prop department choose to print something that wasn't equal width stripes? The fact that they arent equal width would suggest to me that someone made a conscious decision to print it that way.

AGREED. I thought it as soon as I saw it. Would be very happy with this kit. strange they havent revisited the design earlier.

must say, glad that we are finally releasing a little earlier than usual. Be good to see the players wear it for the final home game.

When does the long overdue pointless 2016/2017 new kit thread start?

Usually around September when next season's designs start getting leaked. It's going to be a humdinger too, assuming Saints don't announce the 16/17 kit deal before then, I get to post literally EVERY KIT RELEASED on the off-chance we'll be using that brand. :D

Oh the humanity.

If I was trying for multiple subtle in-jokes I'd certainly use some fancy striped paper, especially if the world and his dog had already seen a very convincing leaked design and I was trying to raise SOME doubt in their heads.

Are we allowed to wear the usual kit in the first half, then run out in the new kit for the 2nd half ?

http://m.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2014-15.pdf]

M.21. On the occasion of a Club’s last home or away League Match in any Season a further Strip

(i.e. not one registered by the Club in accordance with Rule M.17) may be worn provided that:

M.21.1. at least 7 days’ prior written notice of intention to do so is given to the Secretary

(such notice to be accompanied by a sample of the Strip intended to be worn) and

the opposing Club (such notice to be accompanied by a CAD drawing of the Strip

intended to be worn);

M.21.2. the alternative Strip shall be subsequently registered as the Club’s home or

alternative Strip for the following Season

So technically yes... as it only says it "may be worn" and doesn't say it has to be worn for the whole match.

Sort of, that collar is wrong, it doesn't even look like the collar on the leak they used to create the photoshop.

THIS is what we're having (again):

Southampton-15-16-Kits.jpg

And while I think of it, here's Valencia's new away kit, the shoulder panels are in the same place as on the green away - which MIGHT have a bit more detail than is obvious from the leaked picture - there looks like there could be a sort of tartan in the navy pattern on the Saints version...

ValenciaSenyera1516.jpg

Edited by The9

I'd like to say once again that i do not understand why it costs more to have a template shirt from a big supplier than it does to have a unique shirt made in house. If we're paying big money to adidas the least they can do is come up with something different, somewhere on the shirt (and don't say the badge...).

I'd like to say once again that i do not understand why it costs more to have a template shirt from a big supplier than it does to have a unique shirt made in house. If we're paying big money to adidas the least they can do is come up with something different, somewhere on the shirt (and don't say the badge...).

Sports clothing companies pay the clubs.

Its not Man Utd paying Adidas £750m over the next ten years, its Adidas paying Man Utd £750m....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28282444

Usually around September when next season's designs start getting leaked. It's going to be a humdinger too, assuming Saints don't announce the 16/17 kit deal before then, I get to post literally EVERY KIT RELEASED on the off-chance we'll be using that brand. :D

Oh the humanity.

Im with you 9er.

I dont have the in depth knowledge of your good self, but that doesnt stop me getting all excited at what may be!!

I think the Rank Zerox home kit, with a European-feel deep purple away kit.... WHO'S WITH ME??!!

Good to see the grey keeper kit getting another outing on Saturday (though... result...).

Oh, and here's the new Stoke away, now it's official:

Stoke15-1.jpg

ISSSS IT REALLY??!!! (like nothing else)

not if the leaded away kit is correct. navy n sash opposite direction.

#SameSameButDifferent

Im with you 9er.

I dont have the in depth knowledge of your good self, but that doesnt stop me getting all excited at what may be!!

I think the Rank Zerox home kit, with a European-feel deep purple away kit.... WHO'S WITH ME??!!

That seems like a load of smoke on the water to me.

Based on previous big reveals it'll either be 9am, on the hour from 5-7pm... or ten seconds after the Echo deadline at about half 11 at night.

I think we can rule the last one out now wotsisface has gone.