The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

Can someone explain why the Yanks insist on referring to our league as the BPL? Should we all start calling theirs the USMSL? It's THE Premier League mofo's....

Don't worry, here in Oz it's the EPL and it s***s me no end.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1614[/ATTACH]

????????

Clicking on the properties, that seems to be Nuremburg's current shirt, which is a 2014/15 template (Swindon are also wearing a similar style).

NurnbergAway14.jpg

And the other link took me to last year's kit thread.

PS It doesn't like "https:" URLs.

Works well imo.

2ds0api.jpg

A few pages back...just a 'what it could look like'

Can someone explain why the Yanks insist on referring to our league as the BPL? Should we all start calling theirs the USMSL? It's THE Premier League mofo's....

The B stands for Barclay's so I am not convinced that USMSL would be comparable to BPL. The network announcers here tend to follow the requirements of sponsorship and refer to the league by its officially sponsored name. I have been trying to change to calling it the Premier League or EPL--at least until Barclays starts paying me money to do otherwise.

IMO it is all about acronyms.

I do use BPL (barclays premier league) on social media. Premier League takes alot longer to type on any device than BPL. Just 'cos i'm lazy.

People say EPL here in Canada. I have no problem with that. I always call it "The Premier League".

It's better than multiple numpty's (including many pro's) calling it "The Premiership" when it hasnt been called that since 2007!

Anyway.....any kit news?

(If any of this is true) I understand to a point a need to have a link up with a US team but don't really get why it needs to ruin our away kit.

Those yank fans aren't going to start buying it or supporting us, and I'd suggest your average Saints fan doesn't really give a monkeys about that kind of US partnership, certainly not if it means being lumbered with a god awful second kit.

So, basically, I'm out.

Well I've read some ******** on here.....

You do realise one of the main reasons Man U will get paid £75m every season for wearing Adidas shirts and £50m for having Chevrolet on the front of them is due to the strength of their support abroad?

While we will never be anything like as big as Man U abroad it's moronic to think 'the yanks won't support us or buy our kits'. The US started a massive new tv deal with NBC this season bringing the sport to millions of viewers who had not watched the game before and who are looking for team to support and guess what.... we've been doing pretty well this season and those who want to be a bit different to just supporting Man U or Chelsea would see us as a good option.

On another Saints forum I post on we have already had several new US fans find the place and start posting. Funnily one has already ordered both home and away kits from the website and took a trip over here to see us play for the 1st time against Swansea, QPR and West Ham.

It's absurdly insular to think that this is 'our' game and that people from other countries won't become our fans. If we really want to compete with the big boys in these days of FFP then strengthening our foreign fanbase will be very important indeed...

Well I've read some ******** on here.....

You do realise one of the main reasons Man U will get paid £75m every season for wearing Adidas shirts and £50m for having Chevrolet on the front of them is due to the strength of their support abroad?

While we will never be anything like as big as Man U abroad it's moronic to think 'the yanks won't support us or buy our kits'. The US started a massive new tv deal with NBC this season bringing the sport to millions of viewers who had not watched the game before and who are looking for team to support and guess what.... we've been doing pretty well this season and those who want to be a bit different to just supporting Man U or Chelsea would see us as a good option.

On another Saints forum I post on we have already had several new US fans find the place and start posting. Funnily one has already ordered both home and away kits from the website and took a trip over here to see us play for the 1st time against Swansea, QPR and West Ham.

It's absurdly insular to think that this is 'our' game and that people from other countries won't become our fans. If we really want to compete with the big boys in these days of FFP then strengthening our foreign fanbase will be very important indeed...

What a load of laughable tripe.

If Coca Cola want to give us £20m over three seasons to promote their new Green Coke, fine. Change the away kit tomorrow.

But some strategic partnership with a NASL should not see us changing our away kit. Them changing their kit, fine. Not the other way round.

Much like the "them orientals love red they do so all them Chinese will support Saints if we have a red kit" horsesh it from a while back, what you are saying is just nonsense.

Americans might start supporting us in huge numbers if we win stuff and get in the CL but mainly they'll support Man United, Chelsea and Barcelona.

But of course we're picking up some NBC fans - we've been in the frigging top four all season, and clearly being a hipster/niche club to follow, much like we were last season too. Because American football fans will follow good teams.

They're not the malleable saps you think they are. We finish top four and we'll gain fans, green kit or not.

Edited by CB Fry

So much non-kit utter crap on this thread since the last time I looked.

And yes, BPL starts with Barclays, just like EPL starts with English. Easy enough to abbreviate and perfectly reasonable to do so wherever you're from.

Not convinced on the green for strategic partnership stuff, but it's a weird choice without. Though I do like it, even of it ends up only being green for New Forest and blue for the Solent.

Or they could do the Solent Green thing again, and we can finally find out what they serve kids in the Academy... :o

And yes, BPL starts with Barclays, just like EPL starts with English. Easy enough to abbreviate and perfectly reasonable to do so wherever you're from.

Not convinced on the green for strategic partnership stuff, but it's a weird choice without. Though I do like it, even of it ends up only being green for New Forest and blue for the Solent.

Or they could do the Solent Green thing again, and we can finally find out what they serve kids in the Academy... :o

Agree. This page has largely been ruined by trolls and you can see why all the good posters have left.

Agree. This page has largely been ruined by trolls and you can see why all the good posters have left.

I only come on here for news, yet have to read pages and pages of crap to get anything. This place used to be so good when the good posters were here but they don't bother any more and you can see why.

I only come on here for news, yet have to read pages and pages of crap to get anything. This place used to be so good when the good posters were here but they don't bother any more and you can see why.

Ahhh you're back!

been quiet since the supposed leak.

So what are your thoughts Turkish? You seemed convinced on a home sash. Still sticking with that?

What a load of laughable tripe.

If Coca Cola want to give us £20m over three seasons to promote their new Green Coke, fine. Change the away kit tomorrow.

But some strategic partnership with a NASL should not see us changing our away kit. Them changing their kit, fine. Not the other way round.

Much like the "them orientals love red they do so all them Chinese will support Saints if we have a red kit" horsesh it from a while back, what you are saying is just nonsense.

Americans might start supporting us in huge numbers if we win stuff and get in the CL but mainly they'll support Man United, Chelsea and Barcelona.

But of course we're picking up some NBC fans - we've been in the frigging top four all season, and clearly being a hipster/niche club to follow, much like we were last season too. Because American football fans will follow good teams.

They're not the malleable saps you think they are. We finish top four and we'll gain fans, green kit or not.

So if Microsoft want to give us money to promote Xbox, whose brand colour is green?

So if Microsoft want to give us money to promote Xbox, whose brand colour is green?

Not sure I understand your question. My second line about Coke I think already answers what I think you're asking me.

Fat wodge of cash = we change away kit. Strategic friendly partnership with MLS team? They change their away kit.

Soylent Green? :)

I think linking our kit with one American club is limiting. I can see that the American team would hope to benefit from a bond with a team from the top half of the PL but if the supporters over there are at all similar to those in this country then we will be affiliated with rivals to most.

I think linking our kit with one American club is limiting. I can see that the American team would hope to benefit from a bond with a team from the top half of the PL but if the supporters over there are at all similar to those in this country then we will be affiliated with rivals to most.

This story is rubbish.... think about it logically.... if we were linking with an American team we would have signed a much longer kit deal with Adidas....

This story is rubbish.... think about it logically.... if we were linking with an American team we would have signed a much longer kit deal with Adidas....

We signed a three year deal with adidas. Next year is year 3.

There's no logical reason why an American team link would necessitate a longer kit deal with adidas.

In fact the only remotely relevant facts there are that MLS has an adidas kit deal for all its clubs (not done by the club itself).

Saints are in a much stronger negotiating position as of now for the deal after it than they were even a year ago, never mind the 3 years since the last deal was agreed and it makes a lot of sense not to commit to a longer deal when the possibility of Europe is still there.

There's no logical reason why an American team link would necessitate a longer kit deal with adidas.

In fact the only remotely relevant facts there are that MLS has an adidas kit deal for all its clubs (not done by the club itself).

Saints are in a much stronger negotiating position as of now for the deal after it than they were even a year ago, never mind the 3 years since the last deal was agreed and it makes a lot of sense not to commit to a longer deal when the possibility of Europe is still there.

Exactly, Man City basically own NYCFC who have Adidas(obviously) but i'm pretty sure they aren't moving away from their Nike deal any time soon?!

If you're an MLS club you have to wear adidas, there's no other alternative.

In the context of the comment above, this is still irrelevant, because Saints aren't, and don't have to.

Where's Turkish gone on this thread since the leak? I'm in need of a sash pun.

Or was he full of ****?

Well the leaked kits that are getting everyone excited do have a sash on the away shirt which as far as I am concerned correlates with what Turkish said - I don't think he stipulated it was the home shirt at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I imagine that kits get leaked and then the manufacturers go to the fans forums to gauge opinion. If so, home shirt has red & white stripes so looks fine, and the away looks good. Away shirts should be where you monkey around and have a bit of fun. Still think the best was the 1980-1985 one (Rank Xerox & Air Florida one)

along with many other suggestions. I wonder why I chose to highlight this one?

The professionalism of the mock-up pretty much confirmed this 99% to be the actual kit, as many others agreed. Not quiet sure what my opinion is on the kit, however my initial thought is that it's not too bad. Could always have been better though..