The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

You know these templates well, do you think this is genuine?

If it's not genuine, someone has gone to a lot of effort to copy the adidas blank design template used in the Premier League handbook kit sections in recent years, fill it in with Saints designs based on already-known 2015/16 templates as seen on various leaked club designs and in MLS, including drawings of 3 keeper's shirts which no-one really cares about, and then print it out into a style that looks like a buyer's catalogue for a sports retailer (as I've seen some years ago) with all the size charts next to it, and leaked it.

Or more likely, that's a buyer's catalogue or some other retail information. Which might suggest that we're going to be selling outside the club shops too. Or might be me jumping to conclusions.

Either way, the footyheadlines full size shirt pics are directly created from those leaks using 2015/16 template styles, based on the Football Manager template shape which is pretty standard for kit photoshoppery. They've been lazy with recreating the home collar though, as you can't quite make out the detail in the pic - but it's not plain white, f'sure.

I am 99.9% sure that the catalogue and the designs are legit, or it's a bloody impressively detailed hoax.

Seattle Sounders...

Seattle-Sounders-2015-Home-Kit%2B(1).JPG

FFS. I ****ing hate the ****ing Sounders. They are the obnoxious Pompey to the fine virtuous Southampton that is the Portland Timbers. Their nickname is even a similar flappy flat fish to the skate. ****ing flounders.

The hideous shades of fluorescent bile green that they play in are a constant source of amusement to most other teams fans, and the Seahawks aren't much better. Seriously, most of the shirts over the last few years look like some kind of HazMat suit.

That green sash shirt looks diabolical. ****.

One of the reasons I'm suspicious about the Seattle link's legitimacy is the shade of green... Sounders are a much more bright green.

The older kit losers like me will remember a similar Arsenal away from the early 80s back when clubs just didn't consider changing the shirt for marketing reasons, and pretty much everyone in red had a yellow away kit. Even this having a green collar the same as the body of the kit caused moaning back then.

gun__1329823770_green_kit.jpg

Edited by The9

Just to add to the leak news, I have been chatting on PM and on twitter with the "leaker".

This has not come from the club, his contact is at the retail/supply/manufacturer end, and is likely to be supplying other teams designs to the website.

The source has advised that the away was designed at specific request of club ownership/board regarding a new North American partnership. His contact also added "look who was looking to buy the club previously".

Of course it could be a complete red herring, but the dots are joining up and in previous years this kind of thing has usually been right. If it is a hoax it's a bloody good one!

If it's not genuine, someone has gone to a lot of effort to copy the adidas blank design template used in the Premier League handbook kit sections in recent years, fill it in with Saints designs based on already-known 2015/16 templates as seen on various leaked club designs and in MLS, including drawings of 3 keeper's shirts which no-one really cares about, and then print it out into a style that looks like a buyer's catalogue for a sports retailer (as I've seen some years ago) with all the size charts next to it, and leaked it.

Or more likely, that's a buyer's catalogue or some other retail information. Which might suggest that we're going to be selling outside the club shops too. Or might be me jumping to conclusions.

Either way, the footyheadlines full size shirt pics are directly created from those leaks using 2015/16 template styles, based on the Football Manager template shape which is pretty standard for kit photoshoppery. They've been lazy with recreating the home collar though, as you can't quite make out the detail in the pic - but it's not plain white, f'sure.

I am 99.9% sure that the catalogue and the designs are legit, or it's a bloody impressively detailed hoax.

Thanks, knew I'd get a well informed answer on this - was just interested. I actually like that away kit, think it looks really good and I like the fact it is different too. Come on you greeeeeens? :)

One of the reasons I'm suspicious about the Seattle link's legitimacy is the shade of green... Sounders are a much more bright green.

The older kit losers like me will remember a similar Arsenal away from the early 80s back when clubs just didn't consider changing the shirt for marketing reasons, and pretty much everyone in red had a yellow away kit. Even this having a green collar the same as the body of the kit caused moaning back then.

gun__1329823770_green_kit.jpg

I'd go with a Portland Timbers link personally - don't know anything, but just because I prefer them as a team and their green is slightly darker as you say above. Plus their fans actually makes a decent racket and Portland is a brilliant city - one of America's best. So, er, yeah. Get on it Ralph.

The source has advised that the away was designed at specific request of club ownership/board regarding a new North American partnership. His contact also added "look who was looking to buy the club previously".

so, Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft, who own X-box.... then

so, Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft, who own X-box.... then

Yes, and is also co owner of........Seattle ****ehawks. That whole Paul Allen charade was a little odd, seemed to be facilitated by (alleged) 3rd parties and went very sour, but you can safely say he knows who we are.

I don't know, it sounds very odd to me but it was an interesting comment. The colour scheme is a little leftfield unless for commercial reasons.

This could be a big deal or total horse****e. If it is a wind up, it's a pretty good one.

I'd go with a Portland Timbers link personally - don't know anything, but just because I prefer them as a team and their green is slightly darker as you say above. Plus their fans actually makes a decent racket and Portland is a brilliant city - one of America's best. So, er, yeah. Get on it Ralph.

I assumed it was portland timbers... Ralph has managed them previously. who the feck are seatle sounders? :mcinnes:

I assumed it was portland timbers... Ralph has managed them previously. who the feck are seatle sounders? :mcinnes:

Further review of seattle sounders and their colours leads me to believe that it could actually be them (maybe Southampton saints is to be a new NFL franchise :lol:)

Interestingly, the sounders are the best supported team by a long long way in MLS.

(If any of this is true) I understand to a point a need to have a link up with a US team but don't really get why it needs to ruin our away kit.

Those yank fans aren't going to start buying it or supporting us, and I'd suggest your average Saints fan doesn't really give a monkeys about that kind of US partnership, certainly not if it means being lumbered with a god awful second kit.

So, basically, I'm out.

All about opinion, I quite like that idea of an away kit. Some like stripes, some don't. It's just another way to fleece fans for an overpriced piece of uncomfortable material - but, at least, if you don't like it they'll be another expensive one along next year to replace it.

Love it.

Would love this as the home shirt!

But as someone mentioned above, sneak it in as a Europe shirt, done.

Also, Im a fan of the potential away shirt. Like a funky away kit.

Orange was the other option in my mind. Reckon Koeman Army would stock up on that one!

(If any of this is true) I understand to a point a need to have a link up with a US team but don't really get why it needs to ruin our away kit.

Those yank fans aren't going to start buying it or supporting us, and I'd suggest your average Saints fan doesn't really give a monkeys about that kind of US partnership, certainly not if it means being lumbered with a god awful second kit.

So, basically, I'm out.

You would normally think it might go the other was for this kind of partnership. If we did happen to strike a deal with say the Seattle or Portland teams, you would think they may change their away kit to red and white. I know in Aus that is how it would work. The local team aligning slightly with the Premier League team.

... looks like a buyer's catalogue for a sports retailer (as I've seen some years ago) with all the size charts next to it, and leaked it.

Possibly just the catalogue setting out the options, rather than being the ones selected ? Just a thought.

You would normally think it might go the other was for this kind of partnership. If we did happen to strike a deal with say the Seattle or Portland teams, you would think they may change their away kit to red and white. I know in Aus that is how it would work. The local team aligning slightly with the Premier League team.

Absolutely - we're the senior partner here. Odd.

I was in Seattle a few weeks ago on business (my first trip there) and my initial thoughts on the place was "this is the closest to Southampton I've come across in the States". Similar weather, very much a port town and sports crazy. I was there the week before the super bowl and they even closed the animal seattle boat show a day early so the exhibitors could see the game. When flying there from ft Lauderdale on Alaska airways who are a big sponsor of the Seahawks they boarded serving military first, followed by anyone wearing a Seahawks shirt, of which there must of been about twenty suits with a hawks shirt worn over. I'd say that any tie up with Seattle Seahawks /Sounders would be very good for Saints shirt sales as I think Seattle would embrace the idea.

I would be a tad gutted if we modelled our away strip based on a partnership with a US team however if it meant we got a lot of extra revenue from it which allowed us to keep / buy players then it makes sense under FFP rules...however, unless a US team is paying is a significant amount of money (which I doubt) how on earth do we measure the financial benefit from doing something like this? Won't it just be a punt on increasing profile and presuming there is a positive impact on revenue off the back of that?

I would be a tad gutted if we modelled our away strip based on a partnership with a US team however if it meant we got a lot of extra revenue from it which allowed us to keep / buy players then it makes sense under FFP rules...however' date=' unless a US team is paying is a significant amount of money (which I doubt) how on earth do we measure the financial benefit from doing something like this? [b']Won't it just be a punt on increasing profile and presuming there is a positive impact on revenue off the back of that[/b]?

So like every form of advertising ever :p

Given that Man City own NYCFC, couldn't it be more than just a "partnership"? Are we looking at a massive loss-making FFP fudge?

I'd be inclined towards the Seattle link due to the Paul Allen comment (though have no idea how legit any of this is), but as an aside, we used the Portland away as a "Rank Xerox" template early on last year's thread before the own brand news broke, they've worn red and white before (but I'm sure Sounders might too...).

Can someone explain why the Yanks insist on referring to our league as the BPL? Should we all start calling theirs the USMSL? It's THE Premier League mofo's....

because Barclays pay 40 million pounds a year to be the B?

A reasonable response, but not convinced. If it is, then it really is quite sad.

Rest up ahead of tomorrow's big game. I see on the other thread you have suggested dropping our best midfielder this year (Mugabe) and playing Reed instead.

Hopefully Southampton does better in the EPL tomorrow than you have on this messageboard webforum tonight.

Yuki.