The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

Just a few different colour training tops 576130afdc025c0910159651a1440ad7.jpg

They're not the training tops, they're just Adidas leisurewear I believe. They were given to Saints, unbranded, so Saints stuck some logos on and stuck them on display.

Training kit shown in this video, it's the red shirt with three white stripes and the black jackets etc. Also a chance to look inside the Staplewood Dome.

First shots of the away/alternative yellow GK shirt too.

I like the black training top with the charcoal yoke, though even the plain red poly tee is decent. This season is going to cost me a fortune. :o

The freeze frame bit right at the end shows Pelle in the black/charcoal tracksuit zip-through top, the red tracksuit top too. Side view of the shirt shows it is a LOT of red with two narrow white stripes looking from that angle.

I'm surprised that there has been no attempt by some football clubs to do something different with their kits. I'm thinking some sort of reflective logo, special material on the shirts etc to make them stand out. Every year it's the same sort of thing from every club.

I'm surprised that there has been no attempt by some football clubs to do something different with their kits. I'm thinking some sort of reflective logo, special material on the shirts etc to make them stand out. Every year it's the same sort of thing from every club.

I don't know, but wouldn't be surprised if there are some kind of broadcast camera friendly technical standards they have to abide by.

Oh you've done it now... :mcinnes:

http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2008-08-08/news/football-stars-showcase-new-portsmouth-fc-kit-211517/

It was this one fwiw: http://img.scoop.co.nz/stories/images/0805/8af1007986ae22c77bfa.jpeg

Edited by The9

The away shirt is utterly hideous. What the actual F..k. We will get ripped playing away in that, it's vile. Why couldn't it be yellow and blue would have been ace, green is an unlucky colour aswell. It's vile, a complete nightmare, I can't believe we will be wearing such a s...t kit.

The away shirt is utterly hideous. What the actual F..k. We will get ripped playing away in that, it's vile. Why couldn't it be yellow and blue would have been ace, green is an unlucky colour aswell. It's vile, a complete nightmare, I can't believe we will be wearing such a s...t kit.

I may be being thick but where does the 'green is such an unlucky colour' come from?

Hopefully this will be the last we see of adidas as they have garbage and only interested in their big accouintshttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIX6Kf4WgAAgB4K.jpg

You're in luck then. It definitely won't be adidas next year.

The 9 should be starting the 'Long Overdue Pointless Kit Thread 2016/17' so we can all speculate who it will be...

Hopefully this will be the last we see of adidas as they have garbage and only interested in their big accouints.

We need UMBRO back as they are doing bespoke kits with quality designs.

The new PSV kit is something special

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIX6Kf4WgAAgB4K.jpg

Looks pretty generic to me... I haven't really been a fan of Umbro since their comeback, loads of plain shirts like the unpopular black away in the L1 promotion season but with even less effort and detailing - the Derby home shirt this season is an exception, but mostly they just seem to be incredibly dull and training shirt types.

CIX6Kf4WgAAgB4K.jpg

Pretty much the only person that doesn't like it. As for "green is unlucky", someone should tell leprechauns.

Weird, linking a thread which actually undermines your suggestion with loads of people saying "it's lucky if anything" and one example of a green car crashing into people, which doesn't appear to have put Lotus off using the colour for the subsequent 100 years or so.

I liked the first Champions League season when they were cynically referred to as Philips SV, before UEFA realised that if they didn't ban that sort of thing they'd have problems with the exclusivity in their advertising deals.

Weird, linking a thread which actually undermines your suggestion with loads of people saying "it's lucky if anything" and one example of a green car crashing into people, which doesn't appear to have put Lotus off using the colour for the subsequent 100 years or so.

British Racing Green, innit.

Green as an unlucky colour applies to going to the theatre. Some suggestions say that it goes back to Molière who despite being very ill insisted on appearing in his play 'Le Malade Imaginaire' but died later that evening. He had been wearing green.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

British Racing Green, innit.

Green as an unlucky colour applies to going to the theatre. Some suggestions say that it goes back to Molière who despite being very ill insisted on appearing in his play 'Le Malade Imaginaire' but died later that evening. He had been wearing green.

Ah, I knew there had to be... something. :D

Christ it's really not that bad. At least it's something different. Yellow and blue would have been ok, not ace, certainly nothing to get massively excited about.

I miss 07-10 when our shirts had a lot of detailing around the badge, in the collar etc.

Christ it's really not that bad. At least it's something different. Yellow and blue would have been ok, not ace, certainly nothing to get massively excited about.

I miss 07-10 when our shirts had a lot of detailing around the badge, in the collar etc.

No-way can that post be serious though?

Spurs. Yuk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind that, as long as they stick to the basics and don't pointlessly jazz it up with daft bonus design features.

On the bright side, they don't seem to have many templates that don't get significant tweaks.