Garth Crooks team of the week

TopGun

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29874435

Shiver me timbers. Clyney and Big Vic.

Toby goes about his job with such calmness that I doubt he will ever get selected.

"Chelsea maintained a six-point lead at the top of the Premier League after a 2-1 win over QPR in their London derby." says Garth Crooks. I'll be charitable and assume he isnt very good at counting. W anchor

"Chelsea maintained a six-point lead at the top of the Premier League after a 2-1 win over QPR in their London derby." says Garth Crooks. I'll be charitable and assume he isnt very good at counting. W anchor

This is the standard pundit comment at the moment where 2nd place, unless inhabited by an elite club, doesn't count as they won't be there at the end of the season.

Two saints players this week:) http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29980979

FORWARD - Shane Long (Southampton)

The substitute should have had a hat-trick. Shane Long has always scored goals and I'm not in the least bit surprised he's doing it at Southampton.

I'm not entirely sure why West Brom sold him or, come to think of it, Hull either. A must-have player for any squad.

DEFENDER - Ryan Bertrand (Southampton)

Ryan Bertrand was supplying some wonderful crosses for his Southampton team-mates all afternoon. The on-loan Chelsea full-back seems to have finally found a football club where the manager rates him and he can get regular first-team football.

It's clear to me that Bertrand is not going to dislodge Filipe Luis, or more importantly Cesar Azpilicueta, at Chelsea so the quicker he signs permanently for Ronald Koeman at Southampton the better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lol @ Falcao being selected, I mean come on. On the same reckoning, Pelle should have been in it in the last few weeks because he had a few good chances.

Ludicrous. Doesn't surprise me though, he is quite simply the most bizarre pundit there is. He never seems to have a clue about anything.

Nobody from Saints in Mr Crooks' latest team of the week. No surprise really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30872464

He's a has been from a different era and really should be put out to pasture. Hasn't played for 25 years (gave up before PL even existed) and didn't manage either.

But really, who gives a **** what any pundit says. The only notice I'll take is if it comes from the players on the pitch or the management/board of SFC. All the rest is pretty meaningless.