General Election 2015

trousers

In this post you've summed up exactly why I, and I imagine a lot of other recent conservative voters, are sick to death of holier than thou labour voters.

How dare you imply that we voted anything except Labour because we are stupid enough to be influenced by Murdoch's publications (plural, although I can't remember a single Times or Sunday Times article on why we should not back EM because he looks odd?) and politics of fear! Using one of your examples by the way, living in the South of England and potentially being governed by a party that can only get legislation voted through with the help of a Scottish party whose main remit is to break up the Union, I think that for a lot of people down here is a genuine grievance? Are you saying we were morons to consider that as one of the many many reason to vote for or against a particular party. Why is it that we are all too thick to not see past these things but you aren't? Why is it, that because I and others made a decision that we think may be best for us, our families and the country as a whole, that is different from yours mean that we are easily led and susceptible to being taken in by "straight up bullshít"?

These days we can access multiple, practically unlimited media outlets, Murdoch's media barely gets 5% of my exposure to opinion and fact. Before the election many here were saying with great glee how the Sun et al no longer have any real influence on the election. Now Labour took a pasting it is all the fault of the dumb electorate that blindly believe Murdoch. No it isn't, it's because those of us that are working hard, seeing the country improve economically and the money in our pockets go further have decided that the alternative of a party that wants to change course on the policies that has served us well for the last 5 years hasn't worked hard enough to convince us to choose that alternative. Sorry to píss on your chips but that opinion was formulated by myself thanks. Yours is the arrogant, bitter, fingers in the ears attitude that frankly písses me off and I hope for Labour's sake (as I have voted for them before and probably will again one day) they get a better, more realistic and optimistic outlook than yours and others I have seen.

You claim it's what's best for the country and the policies have served us well but it's all about you. Look at the stats, the poorest people are suffering because of this government.

That's why inner London voted Labour - we feel the lack of a fair recovery acutely and see real poverty up close

You claim it's what's best for the country and the policies have served us well but it's all about you. Look at the stats, the poorest people are suffering because of this government.

That's why inner London voted Labour - we feel the lack of a fair recovery acutely and see real poverty up close

His Dad was a scab/Murdoch man anyway.

Very sad to see Charles leave us. He was a class act, a conviction politician who truly stood for what he belived in, his anti Iraq war speech is a classic. I met him twice and he was true gent who had no arrogance or sense of supperiority. RIP Charles and my condolences to your family.

Very sad to see Charles leave us. He was a class act, a conviction politician who truly stood for what he belived in, his anti Iraq war speech is a classic. I met him twice and he was true gent who had no arrogance or sense of supperiority. RIP Charles and my condolences to your family.

Yeah he does seem to have been a genuinely personable bloke.

Britain can afford to live with high debt 'forever', says IMF

"While the Fund said this was far from ideal, it was preferable to introducing 'policies to deliberately pay down the debt' because the costs were likely to outweigh the benefits."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11644471/Britain-can-afford-to-live-with-high-debt-forever-says-IMF.html