JayRod

brett24

Its obviously a fact he has had that second minor operation but that was reported a month or so back. I think people just underestimated the severity of the injury. Anything under a year is a good recovery.

Walcott had similar and has barely featured since returning to the squad, takes ages to regain sharpness and confidence to make an impact at this level.

So there's been a lot of talk about Jay being out for a little longer and having a set back but does anyone really believe this? IMO, RK has taken the pressure off of the player and probably stopped any bids coming in for him when the next transfer window opens. He was never going to be ready before jan/feb anyway.
Why was he never going to be ready? November can't have been wholly unrealistic.

He had started tweeting himself several months ago giving an update on his training/rehabilitation progress, that went quiet a while ago, which does suggest a set back.

Having a whole year out of the game is a massive set-back for any player, big ask for him return to his previous levels.

So there's been a lot of talk about Jay being out for a little longer and having a set back but does anyone really believe this? IMO, RK has taken the pressure off of the player and probably stopped any bids coming in for him when the next transfer window opens. He was never going to be ready before jan/feb anyway.

Yes - it's definitely the truth.

Why was he never going to be ready? November can't have been wholly unrealistic.

He had started tweeting himself several months ago giving an update on his training/rehabilitation progress, that went quiet a while ago, which does suggest a set back.

Having a whole year out of the game is a massive set-back for any player, big ask for him return to his previous levels.

November was never realistic. RK said from the beginning he would be back in Dec/Jan and it would be like having a new player. He has confirmed it since, by saying that that would not now be the case. As far as I can see it looks like he may be 2-3 weeks behind what was originally thought, i.e. mid Feb. There seems to be media and fan confusion about this "latest setback", there has only been one further minor op, but media seemed to pick up on it late and confused the issue. The good thing about JRod, is that he has maintained a very high overall level of fitness, the issue will only be ensuring the knee is strong enough when it comes to kicking a football - a major concern of course, but he at least does not have to get himself fit again.

This idea of him being sold last summer or in January has always been idiotic thinking. No club would ever buy a player until they've shown they are 100% recovered from an injury like that. Even if he comes back Feb/March he'll have to have a barnstorming end to the season for anyone to consider buying him in the summer.

November was never realistic. RK said from the beginning he would be back in Dec/Jan and it would be like having a new player. He has confirmed it since, by saying that that would not now be the case. As far as I can see it looks like he may be 2-3 weeks behind what was originally thought, i.e. mid Feb. There seems to be media and fan confusion about this "latest setback", there has only been one further minor op, but media seemed to pick up on it late and confused the issue. The good thing about JRod, is that he has maintained a very high overall level of fitness, the issue will only be ensuring the knee is strong enough when it comes to kicking a football - a major concern of course, but he at least does not have to get himself fit again.

You should have let the player himself know all that back in the summer http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9358465/premier-league-southamptons-jay-rodriguez-plots-return-from-injury

But that's the point, better to listen to the medics, rather than start getting excited because things are apparently going well. It was always January. The article itself says, get to stage 6 before putting a timescale on it, JRod was just hoping it would be earlier based on progress to date. It was his aim, but it was never likely realistically, in all probability. Nothing wrong with having a target though, and as I said he has worked hard to be fit in every other respect. If he had not been able to run we would be looking at a few weeks on top of when his knee was considered strong enough.

But that's the point, better to listen to the medics, rather than start getting excited because things are apparently going well. It was always January. The article itself says, get to stage 6 before putting a timescale on it, JRod was just hoping it would be earlier based on progress to date. It was his aim, but it was never likely realistically, in all probability. Nothing wrong with having a target though, and as I said he has worked hard to be fit in every other respect. If he had not been able to run we would be looking at a few weeks on top of when his knee was considered strong enough.
Who do you think he was listening to when he told the media he was hoping to be involved in December? What an idiot he must be telling the media that, you could have just told him that it was always going to be January.

We seem to have an ACL recovery expert in our ranks. Hasn't our physio left for Man United? Yet again it appears the mongboard is the perfect recruiting ground for his replacement.

I heard Les had bought in a team of three to replace hin that are so good they have started making Marion's injury's heal.

Who do you think he was listening to when he told the media he was hoping to be involved in December? What an idiot he must be telling the media that, you could have just told him that it was always going to be January.

Of course he was being advised by medics, but anyone with an ounce of sense will try to look on the positive side and aim to be back sooner, doesn't mean its particularly realistic, but if you don't have goals to aim for it can be very hard recovering. In case you missed it he was also running several weeks ago, and clearly his overall fitness is not an issue, its one thing running, quite another jumping or even kicking a ball. Still if you want to be an idiot and think that jet because JRod said he would be back in December that is a fact then so be it, but just shows you up for the idiot that you are.

Of course he was being advised by medics, but anyone with an ounce of sense will try to look on the positive side and aim to be back sooner, doesn't mean its particularly realistic, but if you don't have goals to aim for it can be very hard recovering. In case you missed it he was also running several weeks ago, and clearly his overall fitness is not an issue, its one thing running, quite another jumping or even kicking a ball. Still if you want to be an idiot and think that jet because JRod said he would be back in December that is a fact then so be it, but just shows you up for the idiot that you are.
Why am I being an idiot? I'm just showing you that Rodriguez was looking at the December fixtures that he could be involved in, when all along you knew it was going to be January at the earliest he could be involved. I just wish the two of you had got the chance to talk back in the summer.

A member of the coaching staff just told me that isn't the case but that they have brought in Elijah to give them that option.

I think a pacy player at the back in that role is ideal for us, he could boot the ball clear and race onto his own clearance as it falls between the opposition centre back and spring the offside trap. I had Jonno quick earmarked for that role but sadly MP didn't agree.