JayRod

brett24

I thought we have already offered him a new contract?

Who knows , maybe he told the club he wants to wait until his injury and make sure he can earn it ? He doesn't take me as a Billy big bollix he may not of wanted to sign a contract without knowing if he'll play again like he used too

Is anyone on here ITK about players returning from comparable injuries? What are the most similar comparisons for other players returning and how they've come back?

Out current team, with the option of a fully fit Rodriguez would be outstanding.

There are very much differing returns from ACL injuries, mentally they mess you up and it takes a while to get over them and generally they tend to cause you to lose a yard or so of pace. It all depends on the level of rehab, at top level you would expect him to get the best advice so its more likely that his return will show minimal reductions in his pre injury quality however there is always a chance it effects you.

Holden, gazza, nistlerooy, bullard, all of which it caused adverse affects

We need to buy a decent striker in the January window.

Well its been reported that Torres has told Milan today he wants to return to play in the Premier League. Get him on a short loan from Chelsea until JRod returns. If anyone can get him scoring again it's Koeman.

And you have the cheek to say I'm nuts?

I've no idea where people get that impression of you from Art...

Well its been reported that Torres has told Milan today he wants to return to play in the Premier League. Get him on a short loan from Chelsea until JRod returns. If anyone can get him scoring again it's Koeman.

Oh....

;)

Torres knows where the back of the net is, and doesn't headbutt teammates (as far as I know). I would love it, love it, if we could sign him up for half a season. Wages? Pay him the same as our highest earners, plus a one-time "signing up" payment. Despite our recent slump, 4th isn't impossible, and this could make the difference.

There are very much differing returns from ACL injuries, mentally they mess you up and it takes a while to get over them and generally they tend to cause you to lose a yard or so of pace. It all depends on the level of rehab, at top level you would expect him to get the best advice so its more likely that his return will show minimal reductions in his pre injury quality however there is always a chance it effects you.

Holden, gazza, nistlerooy, bullard, all of which it caused adverse affects

Any examples of players coming back to their original performances to a sustained period after such an injury?

Torres knows where the back of the net is, and doesn't headbutt teammates (as far as I know). I would love it, love it, if we could sign him up for half a season. Wages? Pay him the same as our highest earners, plus a one-time "signing up" payment. Despite our recent slump, 4th isn't impossible, and this could make the difference.

Has he improved in Italy? Genuine question. If not then no thanks, Sam Gallagher will outscore him

Torres! bite your hands YES..!

its clear he lack confidence, give the boy the service he needs, and once he's banged a few in, he'll be on fire...

It'll take him 3 months to get fit enough after the stroll that is Serie A

Don't need to. He is FREE to us/another team. Chelsea will pay his wages in full.

What context was this said in:

Koeman on @JayRodriguez9: "He needs time and we will give him that time, but it's a pity because he's a fantastic player." #saintsfc

What's "a pitty" ??

The pity from RK's POV is that he was expected back In Dec/Jan (would have been like a new signing) but now its not so clear. RK won't put a date on it because it puts pressure on the player, but looking like end Jan at least, much along the lines of what was originally expected, but maybe a little later as he has had to "step back".

The pity from RK's POV is that he was expected back In Dec/Jan (would have been like a new signing) but now its not so clear. RK won't put a date on it because it puts pressure on the player, but looking like end Jan at least, much along the lines of what was originally expected, but maybe a little later as he has had to "step back".

Thanks. .. I was worried he had picked up a new injury.

still have doubts as to whether we will see him again (certainly at the level he was at prior to getting injured) - but that's a different question for another day.