Arsenal 1 Saints 0 reaction

Mr X

The worst thing I have ever heard (as in offensive to my ears) is the noise of kids and children at a womens football match. ****ing hell, that is awful. It actually means I can't watch womens football.

Luckily at men's games you rarely hear women or children.

Who on earth would want to watch women's football tbh, like ballet on grass. It's on Eurosport often enough, don't think I've ever suceeded in watching an entire game.

Who on earth would want to watch women's football tbh, like ballet on grass. It's on Eurosport often enough, don't think I've ever suceeded in watching an entire game.

It's not that I want to, although I have heard a few people saying that it's a decent quality - although from what I've seen in the ten minutes of screeching I can take it really isn't.

The Guardian.

Have you seen the goal by Stephanie Roche?

Well no, women's football doesn't interest me, we've all probably scored nec plus ultra goals against Commercial Houses league sides in the SS Cup or something really. A goal can only be judged on the quality of the opposition. That's why so many erroneous opinions are formed from youtube clips, training ground goals are often spectacular as well but when there's 11 good players bent on stopping you scoring it's not the same.

Well no, women's football doesn't interest me, we've all probably scored nec plus ultra goals against Commercial Houses league sides in the SS Cup or something really. A goal can only be judged on the quality of the opposition. That's why so many erroneous opinions are formed from youtube clips, training ground goals are often spectacular as well but when there's 11 good players bent on stopping you scoring it's not the same.

Take a look. Many a PL player would have been proud to score one like that even in a warm up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30026053

The Guardian.

Have you seen the goal by Stephanie Roche?

Pretty good goal tbf, although the way everyone is going on about it you would think it was the equivalent of Bergkamp vs Newcastle rather than a flukey juggle followed by a good volley.

But she doesn't look too butch or manly so well done to her, she does however look a bit like crouchy though which would be a turnoff.

Pretty good goal tbf, although the way everyone is going on about it you would think it was the equivalent of Bergkamp vs Newcastle rather than a flukey juggle followed by a good volley.

But she doesn't look too butch or manly so well done to her, she does however look a bit like crouchy though which would be a turnoff.

I'm sure she will be very relieved that you think that... Very relieved.

i'm serious. It's vulgar. You might be proud that you were singing louder than the "saddo men" but i can assure you a woman shrieking and screaming football songs at the top of her voice is horrific.

There are generally 3 types of women that go to football. THe first type is the ones that go with their boyfriends, because they are too insecure to let their man spend any time away from them. They insist on coming and pretending to like the game, yet constantly demonstrate their cluelessness when they try and engage in conversation about the game..

Then there are the geezer bird, generally vulgar, the type that try to be one of the lads, usually very ugly, mouthy with far too much too say for themselves.

Then there are the single women who go to football because they think it'll be a cock heavy environment and good place to pick up men. They think it's a less competitive environment as other, better looking women that they come up against on nights out. They think in pubs before and after games they'll get lots of attention from equally desperate and attention seeking men and they think they can have the pick of them.

You posted the exact same post a few months ago. Have I stumbled upon the UK Gold edition of the mongboard?

More original material, please.

The worst thing I have ever heard (as in offensive to my ears) is the noise of kids and children at a womens football match. ****ing hell, that is awful. It actually means I can't watch womens football.

Luckily at men's games you rarely hear women or children.

Same with U21 matches - that horrendous high-pitched noise.

Compare with the sound of Fenerbache fans, 100% blokes, proper deep, guttural noise;

(I know it's 'staged', but it still sounds good)

This one is even better;

- that's how you do "we're the Itchen over 'ere" ;) Edited by Patrick Bateman

Thanks for watching my back cellone!

Goatboy - I'm never tetchy. Occasionally emotional, I'll admit. But never tetchy. I did shed a tear when Adkins got sacked, but who on here didn't.

But seriously, I'm not replying anymore to this thread, I promise. I hate being off topic. My summary is: Arsenal were damn lucky, everyone (except Merson) respects us, Saints supporters on the East side of the Emirates were very vocal (no matter what the rest of you say), men are strangely scared of women in a very weird way (tho I'm not scared of them), and Saintsweb is pretty damn good despite this.

Mods: poll - Is this thread i) pointless sexist drivel or ii) the funniest thing for ages?

FFS it's neither, it's a serious multifaceted discussion on the contribution made by women to the support of football, how this support is perceived by their male counterparts, and how, in turn, female supporters react to these perceptions.

Some Dutch students realised that the paper they were writing on hooliganisms was both clichéd and irrelevant, and decided to concentrate on a subject of value.

I think they are planning on creating a surveymonkey poll, so keep an eye out.