Festive films

pap

It's that magical time of the year again. Snow. Birth of Jesus. Massive and seemingly endless consumerism. It's Christmas. Inspired by the wonderfully named and fantastically festive Good and Sh*te X-Mas songs thread, I thought a separate thread on Christmas movies might be a decent shout.

For me, Die Hard remains at #1. Die Hard 2 is also pretty Christmassy. It has snow, anyways.

This is a f**king low bar to clear, people.

What are your favourite festive films?

I like Home Alone a lot, i always watch it in december. I watched it just the other day. I always cry when the little bro's mum comes home :(

I like Gremlins too.

Both great films, Bear. Hugely influential too. I set traps for burglars when I am home alone and have never looked at a microwave the same way after Gremlins.

One of the finest films ever made (not really) and set over the Christmas period is Trading Places, with Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy. Not only is it very funny and a hugely entertaining twist on the Prince and the Pauper, you also get a decent view of Jamie Lee Curtis showing her magnificent (at the time) Bristols, which always gets me into the Christmas spirit.

One of the finest films ever made (not really) and set over the Christmas period is Trading Places, with Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy. Not only is it very funny and a hugely entertaining twist on the Prince and the Pauper, you also get a decent view of Jamie Lee Curtis showing her magnificent (at the time) Bristols, which always gets me into the Christmas spirit.

Merry New Year!