2014 TMS Awards - RESULTS

saintbletch

Good job, bletch. I'm a little unhappy at narrowly losing my Lounge crown to Rallyboy, but only because that thread is a fúcking embarrassment and Rallyboy's excellent writing style deserves a better home than the small-time long-length nutjob thread.

No-one was ever beating Bear as MVP. Getting 2nd feels like a victory.

The one thing I did win was brought about by my own stubbornness and stupidity. And Barry Sanchez. Not sure how proud I am of that, but am glad you all enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me in whichever categories. This is my favourite place online, largely because I find the cross-section of people fascinating, but also because I'm genuinely interested in the opinions of those with a similar Sotonian heritage. Apols for the non-muppetry and slightly soppy sentiment, but there's much respect for both the board and its posters, even the ones that spend half their posting lifetime trying to make me look like a tube, only to get trounced at the polls :)

Happy new year, Muppetdom x

OK, there's an elephant in the room, Bear.

Well, there's a couple.

In fact, we've got a bloody memory of elephants here.

First elephant is Tokyo-Saint's performance.

How on earth do you go from MVP in one year, to not even featuring in the results the next year?

I have literally some ideas how that could have happened.

Second elephant is Jeff.

Now Jeff was worried about being Loki (whatever that might be), and instead won LVP (jointly with Hypochondriac which will be settled by Russian Hangman when Bear's got the gun).

Now, I'm no expert, but being Loki is being intentionally unpopular like BF Cry does (due to anger and self-esteem issues), but winning LVP is just being unpopular.

Now, between you and me Bear, I don't think Jeff featured in those results before he libellously defamed me. Can it be libel and defamation if it's true?. Anyway, after Jeff posted a load of non-defamatory facts about me, it's clear that posters leapt to my defence and voted Jeff joint-LVP. So either a) Jeff planned it that way all along, or b) he should have embraced the Loki vote and left Bletch alone.

There are more elephants. I could go on, and probably will later.

Guess I deserved it :(

I didn't think I was that bad a poster in all honesty. Looks like suicide is the only option again...

Well I have a dilemma. I took a self-imposed break in the summer and reverted to Reg User as I thought I was better off spending less time on here and getting drawn into needless arguments. As it turns out loads of you (5 of you) turned out in force and voted me 5th place in most sense talked. A truly baffling sense of achievement.

I'm almost minded to pay my fiver and come back properly to p*ss the lot of you off again on a full time basis.

Well I have a dilemma. I took a self-imposed break in the summer and reverted to Reg User as I thought I was better off spending less time on here and getting drawn into needless arguments. As it turns out loads of you (5 of you) turned out in force and voted me 5th place in most sense talked. A truly baffling sense of achievement.

I'm almost minded to pay my fiver and come back properly to p*ss the lot of you off again on a full time basis.

Id of voted for you Krakster

I think it only right that I should thank my devoted followers for their votes - a massive thank you to Sid and Doris Bonkers, plus whoever the hell else cast a vote in my direction. I would say that I feel truly and deeply humbled, but that would be a lie. Surprised at getting more than no votes at all I most certainly do feel.

I liked the "What's on your mind?" bit of the voting form; there were some very fine answers there. Maybe it should have been made mandatory. Then again, that would have meant that Bearsy and Tokes would have had to answer it.

Finally, I have to admit that I am more puzzled than somewhat by Balti Stench's reference to a question 12 in his original post. It is perfectly clear that there never was, nor is, nor will be any question 12. Only the likes of pap could think otherwise.

Edited by Fowllyd
I fear that Bletch may know where I live...

I got the Muppetry Bronze!

I am most honoured!

Cheers voters.

Well done to all winners.

I think I may have a little cry.

You do know that Muppetry Bronze is a euphemism round these parts, don't you Gay Boot?

As is "I'm just off to the loo to stretch my muppetry bronze".

Or "Baby-oiled or not, I'm just not sure that even the baby kettlebell will fit up my muppetry bronze, Turkish".

Either way, a huge congratulations on coming second of the losers - behind a word bore and a bear that a) cannot conjugate verbs correctly and b) only ever posts in TMS now when he's collecting awards.

You must be so proud, but some of us set ourselves higher standards.

I think it only right that I should thank my devoted followers for their votes - a massive thank you to Sid and Doris Bonkers, plus whoever the hell else cast a vote in my direction. I would say that I feel truly and deeply humbled, but that would be a lie. Surprised at getting more than no votes at all I most certainly do feel.

I liked the "What's on your mind?" bit of the voting form; there were some very fine answers there. Maybe it should have been made mandatory. Then again, that would have meant that Bearsy and Tokes would have had to answer it.

Finally, and I realise that I risk bringing the awesome wrath of Balti Stench down on my head for asking this - what happened to question 12? Actually, what even was question 12?

Mods, "Purple violet. Purple violet. Repeat, Purple violet.".

FW Dolly, because you're a mate I'll give you a heads up.

Like Roswell and Area 51, Question 12 has never and will never exist.

It contained a response from a certain poster that, well, let's just say that a few of us would be apologising to David Icke, wearing purple shell suits and sending conciliatory PMs to pap.

I'll not say any more, and the fact that including Question 12 in my answers would have pushed the post length over some magical 10,000 characters has NOTHING to do with it.

By the way, what sort of pedant are you that you check the question numbers (rhet.)? I bet you're the sort of pedant that also spotted the anomaly with the voting in question 8 too.

A word to the wise. Edit your post or your family will be at your funeral believing that you zipped yourself into a travel bag in your own bath in some form of failed act of auto erotic asphyxiation.

It contained a response from a certain poster that, well, let's just say that a few of us would be apologising to David Icke, wearing purple shell suits and sending conciliatory PMs to pap.

I'll not say any more, and the fact that including Question 12 in my answers would have pushed the post length over some magical 10,000 characters has NOTHING to do with it.

By the way, what sort of pedant are you that you check the question numbers (rhet.)? I bet you're the sort of pedant that also spotted the anomaly with the voting in question 8 too.

A word to the wise. Edit your post or your family will be at your funeral believing that you zipped yourself into a travel bag in your own bath in some form of failed act of auto erotic asphyxiation.

Per my post above, these are the "official" responses to Questions 12.

12 -> Comments (What's on your mind?)

Unique votes in the category are:

-> Thank the Lord that I can fix these results by adding in ALL of the PM votes that I received.

-> Nothing

-> There is very rarely anything at all on my mind

-> Bletch word cloud thing award for word clouds

-> An After Eight or a York Fruit ?

-> and the present moment provides no manner of exception to this rule.

-> Its been a great year mongboarding and i got the feeling next year will be even better.

-> kara tointon

-> Ive ate too many sprouts

-> Boobs

-> Emma Willis

-> Still can't believe I'm up for Loki...

-> baby oil.

Results for this category are:

#   Votes   Voted for

--   -----   ---------

1       1   Ive ate too many sprouts

1       1   Nothing

1       1   Bletch word cloud thing award for word clouds

1       1   An After Eight or a York Fruit ?

1       1   Thank the Lord that I can fix these results by adding in ALL of the PM votes that I received.

1       1   There is very rarely anything at all on my mind

1       1   and the present moment provides no manner of exception to this rule.

1       1   Its been a great year mongboarding and i got the feeling next year will be even better.

1       1   kara tointon

1       1   Emma Willis

1       1   Boobs

1       1   Still can't believe I'm up for Loki...

1       1   baby oil.

I'm really not sure what you're getting at here, Balti - nor why you've misquoted me in this odd way. A check on my original post will show beyond any possible doubt that my puzzlement was down the non-existence of any putative question 12, not any query as to its results. Buttered be my bread, and verily do I know upon which side.

I did just that this year and didn't get a mentions in the Award's roll of Dishonour. It's a fit up your Grace and no word of a lie..

As with all awards, it's about timing and novelty factor. I did nothing all year, turned up in December, argued a bit with Plastic, and bingo, I won an award. Next year, no matter how much effort I put in, I know I'll fail as the novelty will have worn off. Some other girl will take my place. It will hurt, but I'll survive because I know to expect it.

You need to get better at beating the system, Big Bad Bob. Being honourable isn't enough these days.

As with all awards, it's about timing and novelty factor. I did nothing all year, turned up in December, argued a bit with Plastic, and bingo, I won an award. Next year, no matter how much effort I put in, I know I'll fail as the novelty will have worn off. Some other girl will take my place. It will hurt, but I'll survive because I know to expect it.

You need to get better at beating the system, Big Bad Bob. Being honourable isn't enough these days.

You mean like Westlife did for years to win the Single of the Year! Not that I would know who Westlife are, didn't one of the Westlife band members choke on another member?

I didn't vote for you as I took you for the brazen, blonde, money orientated hussy that you have turned out to be :D

Ah, I must apologise to Blanche's Tit, I see he did include my self nomination in section 10, easier to read now he has wrapped it in

rather than 
tags.
Edited by Big Bad Bob

You mean like Westlife did for years to win the Single of the Year! Not that I would know who Westlife are, didn't one of the Westlife band members choke on another member?

I didn't vote for you as I took you for the brazen, blonde, money orientated hussy that you have turned out to be :D

Ah, I must apologise to Blanche's Tit, I see he did include my self nomination in section 10, easier to read now he has wrapped it in [code] rather than [quote] tags.

Timeout B3.

Time . Bloody. Out. 3B.

Firstly my code tags have always been code tags, not quotes. I'm not like you youngsters that rush into things in haste, instead I prefer to measure twice and cut once, and in doing so hopefully bore the **** out of someone somewhere.

Secondly, I would love you to coax a hyphen or a backspace into the last sentence you wrote, so I can see what you're accusing me of.

So, was it "myself nomination" or "my self-nomination".

If the latter, did you really nominate yourself for LVP? That's like forum self-harming.

I'd have voted for you in "fallen comrade", but I can't remember who you are. And to think we used to be forum lovers!

P.S. You completely nailed brazen, blonde lou there.

Edited by saintbletch
[quote] auto-close annoyance.

Id of said a fitting way would be to run yourself over ? Or alternatively go vigilante on those mason mother****ers

Run myself over?

Going vigilante on those Mason's may well happen mind.

As an aside, it's "I'd have", not "I'd of'". Just a pet hate of mine.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

i knew it! Let a bird in muppet show + it's only so long before the threads go all hair & makeup! I fucking said so! Didn't I say so!

You did, Bear. To be fair, you did. Nice foundation you're wearing, BTW. What shade is that?

Apart from the fact I'm a brunette.

I don't want to put anything in 3B's mouth - let alone words, but I think he was using "blonde" in the same way he might have suggested you were from Essex.

I also note with interest, that you didn't dispute getting completely nailed by 3B. It was just the slight against your hair colour you were concerned about.

They started it!! They called me a brazen blonde!! Which is factually inaccurate!!

:D yeah i know i was just teasing! What Sort Of Makeup Do You Do? One time my gf had her eyebrows tattoed on + she come back home looking like Ming The Merciless, i must have laughed for about 2 weeks solid till they grew back in

Run myself over?

Going vigilante on those Mason's may well happen mind.

As an aside, it's "I'd have", not "I'd of'". Just a pet hate of mine.

It's possible. Ask Brian.

lI1Qzknwhh0y.jpg

Good to see grammar policing checks at the Muppet Show border, Jeff. Keep up the good work.

BTW, is it Mason's?

Surely, it's just Masons.

Unless it's the may of the Masons. If it is, perhaps it should then be May instead?

Or, it could be a May well that belongs to a single Mason.

Not that I know what a May well is - perhaps it's a deep shaft through which fluid can be coaxed, but only during May? (I've got one of those, BTW).

Of course, you might more accurately refer to them as 'masons - if you're still keen to get an apostrophe involved.

*Because no matter how much of a pompous arse you are, there's always a more pompous arse waiting in the wings.

x

I'm puzzling over ur contribution, splastic. Is U Meaning Like Drapes Matching Carpet?

It's not a contribution, it adds nothing of value to this debate. In fact I'd almost say it detracts from your makeup discussion, so er... Sozzers :(

Im just trying to bait coxy into shouting at me again, as it give me the horn!

Ps - I hope you don't kill yourself Jeff! I like your Ralf pic! Xxx

I also note with interest, that you didn't dispute getting completely nailed by 3B. It was just the slight against your hair colour you were concerned about.

I've not seen any nailing ?! I just took no offence at being called money orientated or brazen. Though more accurate descriptions are probably 'feisty' and 'rents a dishwasher'.

I've not seen any nailing ?! I just took no offence at being called money orientated or brazen. Though more accurate descriptions are probably 'feisty' and 'rents a dishwasher'.

omg you was only on here other day boasting bout ur dumb dishwasher + how it makes you 69th in line for the throne or whatever it was, and you don't even own it!

omg you was only on here other day boasting bout ur dumb dishwasher + how it makes you 69th in line for the throne or whatever it was, and you don't even own it!

Just because you live in a s****y road in Birmingham, that's no reason to look down your nose at the rest of us!

Are you Wayne Rooney?

You mean bout when wayne had colleen's eyebrows removed + grafted to his scalp?

I'm v.particular bout eyebrows! I dunno why birds pluck them so thin! Even bros is at it now. Check the bro out in this movie trailer!

[video=youtube_share;vxyRGF9ZxIo]