Valentines Day

SO16_Saint

I can never end things full stop. I keep going. Never finish. Marching on. I have an aversion to finality when there is still so much to do. Hope that helps explain my passion for avoiding overuse of mid sentence punctuation

Oh my god I'm going to go mad....I even have to sign my name off with a full stop!

Louise.

But it is what you said, no? If you had a warm bath, lots of bubbles, a nice Chianti and some Phil Collins on, evening's a good one.

Er, no.

I don't like warm baths, I like them hot.

I never have bubbles.

Hate Chianti.

Absolutely detest Phil Collins.

What part was confusing you again?

including at the Wedgewood Rooms in 2004 when they played for nearly 3 hours.

:( that's the worst when that happens. I remember one time years ago I went to see a band called Spiritualized cos my mate liked them & i went early like 8pm cos my favourite bit of gigs is the bit before when you get drunk & hit on girls (watching actual bands is mostly v.boring) and the c*nts was already on! And they played straight through for like 6 or 7 hours till when I had to leave to go catch train! There was no breaks for chatting & hitting on girls or anything, everyone just had to stand there watching them play their Dumb Music! One of the worst gigs of my life :(

:( that's the worst when that happens. I remember one time years ago I went to see a band called Spiritualized cos my mate liked them & i went early like 8pm cos my favourite bit of gigs is the bit before when you get drunk & hit on girls (watching actual bands is mostly v.boring) and the c*nts was already on! And they played straight through for like 6 or 7 hours till when I had to leave to go catch train! There was no breaks for chatting & hitting on girls or anything, everyone just had to stand there watching them play their Dumb Music! One of the worst gigs of my life :(

Spiritualized and girls don't mix. Not everyone has an elegant smack/downers habit like Kate Radley.

Indeed, not sure whether any indie concert and girls mix, though there are exceptions ;)

Edited by shurlock

I saw Tweedy in London if that's what you mean? Have seen Wilco about 5 times including at the Wedgewood Rooms in 2004 when they played for nearly 3 hours. One of my top 5 gigs ever.

Yes, that's the one - with his son. I've never actually seen Wilco live so nothing to compare to. But hearing Tweedy solo beats everything I have heard (also saw him solo about 5 years ago).

Spiritualized and girls don't mix. Not everyone has an elegant smack/downers habit like Kate Radley.

Indeed, not sure whether any indie concert and girls mix, though there are exceptions ;)

Really? Well I'm not sure any indie show and boys mix, though there are exceptions.

Yes, that's the one - with his son. I've never actually seen Wilco live so nothing to compare to. But hearing Tweedy solo beats everything I have heard (also saw him solo about 5 years ago).

Was that in the Union Chapel? If so I was there too. Plenty of spine-tingling moments in that gig. There's very few people who can be so captivating on stage with just a guitar and a few stories.

Have you seen him doing the weather on US TV? If not, here it is:

Was that in the Union Chapel? If so I was there too. Plenty of spine-tingling moments in that gig. There's very few people who can be so captivating on stage with just a guitar and a few stories.

Have you seen him doing the weather on US TV? If not, here it is:

I've not seen that clip!! No, the gig I saw was in Hammersmith. It was perfect in every way. Saw his songs in a whole different light when he sang them solo - he's got a very melodic tilt to his voice this doesn't come across when he shouts in a full band.

I love the Union Chapel, but whenever I go the sound man seems to struggle with the acoustics. Saw Neko Case a few times there. I remember seeing her supported by the Handsome Family and destroyed by bad sound.

I've not seen that clip!! No, the gig I saw was in Hammersmith. It was perfect in every way. Saw his songs in a whole different light when he sang them solo - he's got a very melodic tilt to his voice this doesn't come across when he shouts in a full band.

I love the Union Chapel, but whenever I go the sound man seems to struggle with the acoustics. Saw Neko Case a few times there. I remember seeing her supported by the Handsome Family and destroyed by bad sound.

It is a bit erratic. I've seen Low there twice, once the sound was spot on, the other time very muddy. It's a great venue though - so glad it didn't close when it was in trouble a few years ago.

It is a bit erratic. I've seen Low there twice, once the sound was spot on, the other time very muddy. It's a great venue though - so glad it didn't close when it was in trouble a few years ago.

Saw Smog play there around the time Supper was released. Good sound, though not as intimate as I expected.

Really? Well I'm not sure any indie show and boys mix, though there are exceptions.

Come on, most indie gigs are geekier, more introverted versions of the mongboard. Perhaps one reason why you like them ;)

At least, here, you don't get knobs spilling beer all over you.

Right.

I'm trying to find a restaurant where there wont be any w@nky set menus or "2 sittings only".

I've tried the Water Margin in North Baddesley and Ranchos in town - both have sitting times and set menus.

I just want somewhere where the Mrs and I can go out for a bit, away from the kids, without being surrounded by spotty 16 year olds trying to get their end away, or being ripped off by the restaurateur for a b0ll0cky Americanised holiday.

Suggestions?

Why does it matter if the 16 years old are spotty, by the way? Very weird if that kind of thing affects you.