Koeman says Mané was dropped due to discipline

Saint-Armstrong

If any of you are late at work tomorrow, should you be punished?

Discuss.

RK understands this.

RK: “He was 25 to 30 minutes too late for the pre-meal and we have rules, instructions with the players and everybody can be late one day in a morning, but you can’t be late at one o’clock when you have to play against Liverpool,” he said. “The explanation is between the player and the coach, but he was too late and I can’t and won’t accept that.”

Jeez...any other sticks we can beat Pelle with? :mcinnes:

It is tiresome. I don't think Liverpool have got that much to be excited about. They weren't that great on Sunday. They scored a word class goal, but goals like that don't come often (we've scored better this season - Pelle in particular). If it weren't for the ref, they wouldn't have won it. And we're still a point above them. We've got far more potential to hit a run of form. I have faith in Pelle to get his confidence back. Bring in West Brom!

Mane clearly wasn't happy... i saw him zoom up the Avenue in his Bentley (SDM14) about 15 mins after the whistle

Why wasn't he stuck in the traffic like everybody else? More imprtantly, if he can get away so quickly why couldn't he turn up on time more than 3 hours before kick-off when the traffic was much lighter?

Anyone who thinks Forster would be dropped for kelvin is insane. Koeman is not suicidal even if he does like to show them who is boss

I agree, although Forster always seems a serious/sensible chap, so I doubt there's a perceived issue with him that would need coming down heavy if he did happen to be late on one occasion.

Do give it a rest, Irene. It's getting tiresome.

Says the most tiresome poster on here that you should change your username to bore..

It's a valid point And I imagune foster wouldn't be dropped in that scenario

Says the most tiresome poster on here that you should change your username to bore..

wow, I'm so pleased you have been following all my posts! If we're are to insult each other, here's my go, learn to spell. Your go.

of course we don't know exactly what late means in this instant (timewise)? ......

but if it was close to kick-off ...and the team sheet had to be submitted to the ref. in advance and he wasn't in the building ....then I'd be a bit miffed if I were Koeman.

I read that according to Ron it was 30 minutes late for a 1pm team meal, or something.

of course we don't know exactly what late means in this instant (timewise)? ......

but if it was close to kick-off ...and the team sheet had to be submitted to the ref. in advance and he wasn't in the building ....then I'd be a bit miffed if I were Koeman.

We have been told exactly what the issue was timewise, he was late for the pre-match lunch (1pm). If he had been late for when team sheets have to be submitted he would not have been on the bench either.

He was 30 minutes late. He cant live much more that 30 minutes away from the ground, which means he would have left at about the time he should have arrived. Poor time management, and no respect if he didnt call ahead.

In my meetings, if someone is more than 5 minutes late the door is shut and they're not allowed in.

I once did this to a very senior manager who was due to give a talk to the team..... He wasn't late at the next team meeting.

Its not a valid point. You are assuming it is one off whereas far more likely that RK judged he needed to send a message to the player.

Habitual tardiness is passive aggressive behaviour which shows a lack of respect for others. RK dealt with it.

Would assume Forster would have had courtesy to make contact as to his genuine reason why he would be late. Although one off lateness would not appear to be the issue here.

Edited by whelk

[quote=whelk;2143766

Habitual tardiness is passive aggressive behaviour which shows a lack of respect for others. RK dealt with it.

I agree with all you say, Whelk, except this point. I want to make a defence of late people. (Ie. me) as we're often misunderstood, and people do get very upset about it (and assume things like passive aggression) when it's often completely unintentional. If scientists were to study my brain, I'm sure they'd figure out something going on not as expected! But a lot of it is down to underestimating how long things take. I have zero instinct for time. And also procrastinating/or getting too into the task you're currently doing. Being late is far more stressful for the person who is late. But it's so hard to change. A kick up the backside helps. Luckily I'm in a job where it doesn't overly matter if I turn up 20 mins late. For Mane's job it's more important.

He was 30 minutes late. He cant live much more that 30 minutes away from the ground, which means he would have left at about the time he should have arrived. Poor time management, and no respect if he didnt call ahead.

In my meetings, if someone is more than 5 minutes late the door is shut and they're not allowed in.

I once did this to a very senior manager who was due to give a talk to the team..... He wasn't late at the next team meeting.

I had a customer who was very precise with his time, an hour for buying and hour on the shop floor all through the day, I had heard rumours of how harsh he was with his time regime, one day I had to drop off some samples and we were chatting away, this salesman briskly appears round the corner when he got within earshot the Buyer just said at him "5-4-3-2-1....... Goodbye". Turned around and walked away........ as the guy said you all have mobile phones and he understands about traffic, a quick call and he can adapt accordingly.

I agree with all you say, Whelk, except this point. I want to make a defence of late people. (Ie. me) as we're often misunderstood, and people do get very upset about it (and assume things like passive aggression) when it's often completely unintentional. If scientists were to study my brain, I'm sure they'd figure out something going on not as expected! But a lot of it is down to underestimating how long things take. I have zero instinct for time. And also procrastinating/or getting too into the task you're currently doing. Being late is far more stressful for the person who is late. But it's so hard to change. A kick up the backside helps. Luckily I'm in a job where it doesn't overly matter if I turn up 20 mins late. For Mane's job it's more important.

You're a woman; it's in your chromosomes.