The man advice thread

Coxford_lou

As a lady who was blessed in the chest department I find each situation different however we have one particular engineer where I work that whenever he comes in he always talks to my chest and I constantly tell him to look up, I find that creepy as he's a bit odd.

Hahaha it's an eternal struggle.

As a lady who was blessed in the chest department I find each situation different however we have one particular engineer where I work that whenever he comes in he always talks to my chest and I constantly tell him to look up, I find that creepy as he's a bit odd.

'Was blessed'? Where are they now PL, are you now blessed in the waist department? ;)

Speaking as a former engineer myself, I can confirm that 'engineer' and 'odd' are two words I've heard in tandem on more than one occasion, PompeyLass :(

In my experience this is code for fat, right?

Lol, I'm definitely not Rule 1'ing for you lot.

The familiar muppet show sound, like a swarm of bees, as a dozen trouser flies are simultaneously re-zipped, perverted desires thwarted once more.:(

Question For Ladies: Why Is You Ring Me All Day When I'm At Work About Nothing Important Like How You Might Go To Leeds Next Month To Visit Ur Friend At University Or Simply To Ask Me What I Am Doing At Work And Tell Me What You Might Have For Lunch?

Question For Ladies: Why Is You Ring Me All Day When I'm At Work About Nothing Important Like How You Might Go To Leeds Next Month To Visit Ur Friend At University Or Simply To Ask Me What I Am Doing At Work And Tell Me What You Might Have For Lunch?

:lol::lol: That used to drive me 'kin insane. "What you doing at work?" - "Well you know, getting dagger looks from my boss as the third call today goes on for another 20 minutes and the prospects of me retaining this job which pays the mortgage and all the bills and allows you to stay home and not cook, clean the house or otherwise contribute, recede by the minute".

I'm divorced now btw....

:lol::lol: That used to drive me 'kin insane. "What you doing at work?" - "Well you know, getting dagger looks from my boss as the third call today goes on for another 20 minutes and the prospects of me retaining this job which pays the mortgage and all the bills and allows you to stay home and not cook, clean the house or otherwise contribute, recede by the minute".

I'm divorced now btw....

I've never understood women who do that, it would annoy the hell out of me if a boyfriend ever done it

I recall an important lesson I learned from 50 Shades of Grey, that when bros go to work, or even just leave the room, we forget about our bird completely, whereas birds, when we're not there, are thinking about us, talking to their mates about us, agonising over some dumb thing we said, and wondering what time we're going to get home. This was in 50 Shades, so it is deffo a FACT!

Of course "don't forget to pick the car up" kind of quick calls are fine - but my ex just wanted to chat frequently during the day and got really offended / took it as a gauge of how much I loved her if I said I couldnt chat whilst at work.

Did she expect you to say "I luuurrve you, too!" at the end of the conversation? I worked with a bloke whose GF binned him because he was reluctant to say it at the end a work call. Big lol's for the open plan office, all watching him try to say it under his breath without anyone else hearing.

I'm divorced now btw....

Wow, we have something in common! (the last bit, btw, for sure, but not the first bit). Mine came about through a Pompey Lass blessing type feature which too many "engineer" types could not ignore and eventually it turned out that she quite liked the not-being-spoken-to-at-face-level... I am now poorer cash wise, but much richer for the knowledge learning.

What about boyfriends who want to text you at every frigging hour of the day? Believe me, it's not just a women thing. It's a needy thing, which applies to men and women alike.

Neediness and possessiveness is equal to both sexes but I reckon the "lets chat regularly even though Ive got nothing to say and its really bad timing for you" is mainly a woman thing. Disclaimer: Obviously (possibly) guys have uniquely annoying traits too...

Neediness and possessiveness is equal to both sexes but I reckon the "lets chat regularly even though Ive got nothing to say and its really bad timing for you" is mainly a woman thing. Disclaimer: Obviously (possibly) guys have uniquely annoying traits too...

Well I never do that. I fact, I hate talking on the phone. Explain that.

Wow, we have something in common! (the last bit, btw, for sure, but not the first bit). Mine came about through a Pompey Lass blessing type feature which too many "engineer" types could not ignore and eventually it turned out that she quite liked the not-being-spoken-to-at-face-level... I am now poorer cash wise, but much richer for the knowledge learning.

Bucks, I feel honour-bound on behalf of my profession to state categorically that I've never met your ex-wife – well, at least, never face to face. :thumbup:

Well I never do that. I fact, I hate talking on the phone. Explain that.

Pls try and Conform, Lou, you've been upsetting our beloved Stereotypes ever since you got here! Next you'll be trying to tell me that you don't know how many calories is in half a grapefruit! I'm not Having It!

New question for our male experts:

Being asked out by a woman

Vs

You doing the asking out.

Preference?

If a woman asked me out, I'd presume she was desperate to get ****ed by me. Not a problem, if you dont mind seeming desperate to get ****ed by the geez.

What about if a woman approached you in a bar and offered to buy you a drink, is that acceptable ?

Not sure I'm understanding you, is that typo? You mean girl approaches me in a bar and hangs around until I buy her a drink? Is that what you mean?

What a relief!

I was worrying about you hanging around for days all alone in that godforsaken technology chat forum. Good to see you back, Bletch.

Just try not to upset anyone for 5 minutes.

Yeah that was weird spending a week in the Techno forum trying to sell phones. Not even sell phones, he's been trying to sell the opportunity to buy a phone! He's like one of those skanks in Ibiza, trying to coral punters into dive bar. V.grubby.

No typo Bearsy, I definitely meant a woman buying you a drink.

I'm still not getting it! How would that even work? So she asks me if I want a drink, I attract the barman's attention, order my drink, asks what she wants, then he comes back and I give him the money- wait, I've gone wrong somewhere?