The man advice thread

Coxford_lou

Yeah that was weird spending a week in the Techno forum trying to sell phones. Not even sell phones, he's been trying to sell the opportunity to buy a phone! He's like one of those skanks in Ibiza, trying to coral punters into dive bar. V.grubby.

Even grubbier, at one point I suspected Bletch had come back as PompeyLass – that was until she mentioned her SO postcode, of course.

I'm still not getting it! How would that even work? So she asks me if I want a drink, I attract the barman's attention, order my drink, asks what she wants, then he comes back and I give him the money- wait, I've gone wrong somewhere?

Yep, clearly.

No!

That was quite an emphatic no, any particular reason ?

If a person, clearly of the female persuasion, approached me in a bar and offered to buy me a drink and I didn't know them I'd run a mile!!

If she started chatting to me first, then accepted my offer to buy her a drink and then offered to buy one later then I would accept.

Edited by Big Bad Bob

If a person clearly of the female persuasion approached me in a bar and offered to buy me a drink and I didn't know them I'd run a mile!!

If she started chatting to me first, then accepted my offer to buy her a drink and then offered to buy one later then I would accept.

tbf I would be similarly suspicious if it was random bloke. I would be thinking, ok I like free drink, but I dunno that I want to be stuck with some randomer for Whole Night. Accepting drink from Complete Stranger is a Social Contract

tbf I would be similarly suspicious if it was random bloke. I would be thinking, ok I like free drink, but I dunno that I want to be stuck with some randomer for Whole Night. Accepting drink from Complete Stranger is a Social Contract

True story, I was working at the London office and staying in a hotel near Tower Bridge. One night I take a walk over the other side of the bridge and stop in the boozer to have a beer or three.

Bloke in a rugby shirt is sitting at bar already and start talking to me as I'm drinking my beer at the bar. He offers to buy me a drink, I decline because I had "a bad feeling" about this one.

Sure enough he suddenly blurts "I think your gorgeous do you want to come back to mine?", at which point I make my excuses and leave very quickly, I also made sure I walked past my hotel and made sure he wasn't following me... :scared:

Didn't Kevin Wilson write a song to help in these situations?

Blown too much of me time buying dinner and wine

And me money on flowers and lollies

Only to find that what's on me mind

Isn't on hers and she's sorry

So I've made up some lines that save wastin' time

And keep me from blowin' me brass

I'm ever so cool I just prop on the stool

Right next to hers and I ask:

Chorus

'Do you **** on first dates?

Does your dad own a brewery?

Could I feel your tits?

Or would you show 'em to me?

Cause you've you've got a nice head

And you look pretty honest

So me face'll be leavin' in a quarter of an hour--

I'd like you to be on it'

Blown too much of me time buying dinner and wine

And me money on flowers and lollies

Only to find that what's on me mind

Isn't on hers and she's sorry

So I've made up some lines that save wastin' time

And keep me from blowin' me brass

I'm ever so cool I just prop on the stool

Right next to hers and I ask:

Chorus

'Do you **** on first dates?

Does your dad own a brewery?

Could I feel your tits?

Or would you show 'em to me?

Cause you've you've got a nice head

And you look pretty honest

So me face'll be leavin' in a quarter of an hour--

I'd like you to be on it'

Great lyrics !!

Most men are crap at hints. I am one of them, and was bloody terrible at picking up signals as a teenager. Consequently, I think women need to initiate, purely for their own sakes. Most men are crap at hints.

Damned if we do and damned if we don't, probably why I'm still single !

Most men are crap at hints. I am one of them, and was bloody terrible at picking up signals as a teenager. Consequently, I think women need to initiate, purely for their own sakes. Most men are crap at hints.

How do you mean? Give me a hint! Are you meaning bros that can't tell when a girl is interested, which I find bit difficult to believe, or merely bros who can't tell (or choose not to) when bird is not interested, which tbf I see quite often.

How do you mean? Give me a hint! Are you meaning bros that can't tell when a girl is interested, which I find bit difficult to believe, or merely bros who can't tell (or choose not to) when bird is not interested, which tbf I see quite often.

I've found that it takes two forms. When single, it's just not working out whether someone likes you. I've been told loads of times after the fact by mates that such and such was into me at a certain time, I cross-reference that with certain memories, and think "oh pap, you stupid bastard".

In a relationship, it's when your significant other drops several clues in the build up to an event, such as a birthday. Men often completely fail to pick up on these hints, and are utterly bewildered when they get spare-roomed because the garage-bought flowers aren't good enough, apparently.

I've told ms pap straight. Don't do hints. I will never get hints.

Edited by pap

I don't think I am v.afflicted with that, I am prob quite Sherlock when it comes to Hints+Clues. Maybe ur on the Spectrum :thumbup:

You're wasting your life here, Bear. You should set up some sort of premium rate helpline.

"Bear. I'm in a club and this girl is rubbing herself up against me. Is she interested?"

"FFS, pap, I love your money but I'm starting to feel sorry for you!"

"Bear. I'm in a club and this girl is rubbing herself up against me. Is she interested?"

The advice here is always, check yo pockets! I refer to this important + overlooked Bearsy story from erm 2013:

We was in a club right, in Birmingham, and I was showing the people of Birmingham my stellar dance moves when this bird comes up and unaccountably grabs hold of my mate and starts feeling on his arse. I say unaccountably, cos if she had to feel anyone's arse I'd of thought she'd want to feel mine, and also cos I felt like she was too good looking for the likes of him. Anyways, after a bit she fucks off, presumably to go wash her hands or something, and my mate is all smug and suddenly extra hyper like you are when birds is randomly hitting on you.

Couple of minutes later Mark is frantically patting his back pockets. "What is matter?" I say. He is gone white as sheet. "My wallet's gone!"

I was immediate lols. "Haha, your bird must've nicked it!"

I dunno what you would have done in this situation, I would prob put it down as lesson learnt bout not keeping wallet in back pocket, but not Mark. He insists we search whole club for the bird. I'm objecting that she's hardly likely to hang around, but we do it anyway.

We find her immediately in the upstairs bar. I am sensing something is wrong. She is with some girl mates and sees us coming, but she seems pleased about it. She is smiling and nudging her mate as we walk over. I'm wondering how Mark is going to edge into what promises to be quite an awkward interview, but he is having no such qualms. "Did you take my wallet?" he demands. It was pretty lols how her face went from smile, to confusion, to anger. She was v.angar. After some stout denials, we was both advised to fuck off with bells on.

Anyway, my mate got a call today. They found his wallet in the gents. :thumbup:

I've been told loads of times after the fact by mates that such and such was into me at a certain time, I cross-reference that with certain memories, and think "oh pap, you stupid bastard".

Yes, I can relate to that.

Not the bit about mates telling me stuff after the fact, the bit about thinking 'oh Pap, you stupid bastard.' :thumbup:

Sorry Pap – Bear's rubbing off on me in a bad way. Actually, I can relate to the first bit.

Yes, I can relate to that.

Not the bit about mates telling me stuff after the fact, the bit about thinking 'oh Pap, you stupid bastard.' :thumbup:

Sorry Pap – Bear's rubbing off on me in a bad way. Actually, I can relate to the first bit.

Check your wallet Halo.

Lou, to answer your original question, from what I can remember, I think I used to prefer my first dates to air on the side of sobriety and leave a little bit covered up, to be interpreted by my imagination.

But I, too, have a question: if a woman, such as yourself, notices a man staring at her breasts, or whatever, is she flattered, offended, spooked or something else. If this depends on how long the stare lasts, then it would be very helpful to know what length of time is acceptable. I'm not looking for a precise time, you can round it up or down to the nearest 10 minutes if you like.

Hi Halo,

Sorry slow to respond. Hectic day at work. Easy answer: accidental look is acceptable. Stare is weird. Anything over a split second = a stare. Not sure I'd call either flattering though.

What's with guys that spread their legs wide open when you're in a one on one meeting with them? I've had a couple of colleagues do that recently - it was hard to know where to look!

Close your legs boys - you'd be pretty freaked out if I did that to you!

Hi Halo,

Sorry slow to respond. Hectic day at work. Easy answer: accidental look is acceptable. Stare is weird. Anything over a split second = a stare. Not sure I'd call either flattering though.

What's with guys that spread their legs wide open when you're in a one on one meeting with them? I've had a couple of colleagues do that recently - it was hard to know where to look!

Close your legs boys - you'd be pretty freaked out if I did that to you!

Only if your nuts were hanging out.

Pls try and Conform, Lou, you've been upsetting our beloved Stereotypes ever since you got here! Next you'll be trying to tell me that you don't know how many calories is in half a grapefruit! I'm not Having It!

Sorry Bearsy, never get the calorie counting nonsense!

I do quite like shoes though. I've got about 20 pairs, of which most are gorgeous heels, and at least 5 of them of only worn on one occasion. Does that help?

But I HATE shopping.

And I'm the best map reader I've ever met. Better than any boy.

I do quite like shoes though. I've got about 20 pairs, of which most are gorgeous heels, and at least 5 of them of only worn on one occasion. Does that help?

But I HATE shopping.

I once read that the British woman has on average 27 pairs of shoes. Mind you, that was a few years ago. They've probably bought a few more since then.

Just working on perfecting my women skills as defined by posters on TMS.

Lou, I can't speak for my fellow Muppets, nevertheless, I doubt that map-reading figures very prominently in anyone's definition of required skills for perfect women. :(

Ha ha ... so true!! Many many many years ago. At a female friend's house with a few other friends, a few beers and wine, chatting, playing cards, listening to music etc.

One by one everybody else left, leaving just me and this girl who I had a bit of a crush on, but we were just good mates. Anyway whilst we were chatting she took her ear rings off.

For some unknown reason, but quite possibly beer related, I had a quick weigh up of what each of us was wearing and decided that the balance had now been tipped in my favour and blurted out

"Do you fancy a game of strip poker"? :blush: This was politely turned down, and we played trumps or something instead!! Coffe was poured and I left!

What I'd failed to realise, according to Mrs EoA when somehow this incident came up in converstion years later, once again possibly beer related!! .... she said the ear ring removal was probably some sort of discreet code announcing that her ear lobes and neck were ready for a bit of nibbling and necking ... and lets see where it leads to :mcinnes: I've never had the courage to ask since if this was indeed the case.

What do you reckon girls? My actions were very out of character ... a bit of a Butthead and Bevis ... "Yeah I'm gonna score heh heh heh heh"" rush of blood moment I think.

Lou, I can't speak for my fellow Muppets, nevertheless, I doubt that map-reading figures very prominently in anyone's definition of required skills for perfect women. :(

Darn! Done it again - just can't help myself! Will never become a TMS Perfect Women at this rate. Need to work on the Laura Ashley, cutesy, needy, non threatening skills. And stop looking hot, watching football, and buying rounds of drink!

...wait...hang on... you sure?!

Ha ha ... so true!! Many many many years ago. At a female friend's house with a few other friends, a few beers and wine, chatting, playing cards, listening to music etc.

One by one everybody else left, leaving just me and this girl who I had a bit of a crush on, but we were just good mates. Anyway whilst we were chatting she took her ear rings off.

For some unknown reason, but quite possibly beer related, I had a quick weigh up of what each of us was wearing and decided that the balance had now been tipped in my favour and blurted out

"Do you fancy a game of strip poker"? :blush: This was politely turned down, and we played trumps or something instead!! Coffe was poured and I left!

What I'd failed to realise, according to Mrs EoA when somehow this incident came up in converstion years later, once again possibly beer related!! .... she said the ear ring removal was probably some sort of discreet code announcing that her ear lobes and neck were ready for a bit of nibbling and necking ... and lets see where it leads to :mcinnes: I've never had the courage to ask since if this was indeed the case.

What do you reckon girls? My actions were very out of character ... a bit of a Butthead and Bevis ... "Yeah I'm gonna score heh heh heh heh"" rush of blood moment I think.

Yeah, you should definitely have taken a slower approach with that! Her ears might just have been sore, but it might have been a sexy little move.

I think with most of these things, always trust your first instinct. If you suspect something is on, it probably is!

Maybe she was just a bit pussy. A quick wipe with surgical spirits and she would have cleared that up quick smart.

But I HATE shopping.

I hate shopping as well and I love shoes, have about 30 pairs also mostly heels !

Pfft even I've prob got that many pair of shoes! I don't have quite so many heels tho. I am surprise to find girls having less than 50 pairs tbh, you need to be spending less of yo money buying pap drinks at Farmhouse, and more buying shoes prob :thumbup:

That has completely scarred my thought process whenever I read that word now :x

Surely it can't be spelt the same!!

I had to check myself :-

[h=2]pussy[/h] adjective pus·sy \ˈpəs-ē\ (Medical Dictionary)

pus·si·erpus·si·est

[h=2]Medical Definition of PUSSY[/h]: full of or resembling pus