England Squad

igsey

I am starting to like the look of this england side.

I just hope that roy does not try and shoe-horn in sturridge when fit because it is sturridge.

we seem to have many good attackers on the books...if we can get one or two CBs to step up....then we look alright.

whether roy is the man to unlock the pretty impressive group of young players we now have remains to be seen...we shall see

The media wank fest surrounding Harry Kane has given me an irrational dislike of the bloke to the point where I wouldn't mind seeing Wanyama snap him in half.

I think is it rightly deserved. Top scorer in the league who is 21 and English

The media wank fest surrounding Harry Kane has given me an irrational dislike of the bloke to the point where I wouldn't mind seeing Wanyama snap him in half.

England need a new hero to inject more interest into the team. No bad thing but I wish he played for anyone other than Spuds. I am also developing and irrational dislike of the phrase "one of our own."

Didn't seem that obvious to you earlier. Happy to help, though.

Misunderstanding here. I meant that Liverpool didn't buy him because Liverpool wanted him to play for Liverpool. Liverpool wanted him to not play for Southampton, and Lambert wanted to move his family to Liverpool either way. Given that he's started five league games out of thirty for the dippers, and been subbed on in 14, I'd say that he wasn't a focal point of their plans for their team. I'd also say that hodgsons comments in that particular interview would have had some sway over the international players that subsequently left the club.

Misunderstanding here. I meant that Liverpool didn't buy him because Liverpool wanted him to play for Liverpool. Liverpool wanted him to not play for Southampton, and Lambert wanted to move his family to Liverpool either way. Given that he's started five league games out of thirty for the dippers, and been subbed on in 14, I'd say that he wasn't a focal point of their plans for their team. I'd also say that hodgsons comments in that particular interview would have had some sway over the international players that subsequently left the club.

he was bought as a squad striker. Bit like us signing mayuka

LOL.

Liverpool have slightly loftier ambitions than weakening the team that finished fully 28 points behind them the previous season.

Batman has said why Liverpool signed him, and it is obvious why he wanted to go. None of it was "triggered" by anything Roy Hodgson said or didn't say.

Edited by CB Fry

I am starting to like the look of this england side.

I just hope that roy does not try and shoe-horn in sturridge when fit because it is sturridge.

we seem to have many good attackers on the books...if we can get one or two CBs to step up....then we look alright.

whether roy is the man to unlock the pretty impressive group of young players we now have remains to be seen...we shall see

Got to agree. Fair play to the guy and hope he does well but the sycophantic media bull**** that surrounds him and everything he does is tiresome now and will only become more so.

They have jumped on the Kane hype like flies on a turd and are nauseating in their syrupy brown nosing.

Let him get on, develop as a player, see how he performs after more than one season and stop drenching the rest of us in your drool.

LOL.

Liverpool have slightly loftier ambitions than weakening the team that finished fully 28 points behind them the previous season.

Batman has said why Liverpool signed him, and it is obvious why he wanted to go. None of it was "triggered" by anything Roy Hodgson said or didn't say.

So, you're convinced that hodgsons comments about the saints players on the fringes of the england squad had no impact whatsoever on the decisions of lambert, lallana, chambers or shaw to leave then? And I already said, its obvious why lambert wanted to go there, boyhood club, move his family back there, etc. I don't blame him for that at all.

Edited by scotty

So, you're convinced that hodgsons comments about the saints players on the fringes of the england squad had no impact whatsoever on the decisions of lambert, lallana, chambers or shaw to leave then?

No, I think champions league football and more £££ had a great deal to do with it

So, you're convinced that hodgsons comments about the saints players on the fringes of the england squad had no impact whatsoever on the decisions of lambert, lallana, chambers or shaw to leave then? And I already said, its obvious why lambert wanted to go there, boyhood club, move his family back there, etc. I don't blame him for that at all.

Completely convinced thanks. No impact whatsoever.

Shaw went to Manchester United.

Lallana and Lambert went to Liverpool.

Chambers went to Arsenal.

You do understand the appeal of those clubs completely on their own terms, don't you?

Hodgson's comments are irrelevant to everyone apart from forum hystericals.

Edited by CB Fry

The England team is still pretty crap. As ever, we have easy opposition in qualifying. We would get done as soon as we play a decent team in a tournament.

Baines, Jagielka, Jones, Henderson, Delph, Welbeck.... Players like that wouldn't have got near some pretty average England sides of yesteryear.

The England team is still pretty crap. As ever, we have easy opposition in qualifying. We would get done as soon as we play a decent team in a tournament.

Baines, Jagielka, Jones, Henderson, Delph, Welbeck.... Players like that wouldn't have got near some pretty average England sides of yesteryear.

I totally agree with you Benji.

The talk in the papers plus the radio makes us out as world beaters with the headlines - 'What a great front 5 England have etc.'

Come a major competition Rooney will become even ****ter while Hodgson will pick the wrong system and send us all home again early.

PS if only we had a good young manager that could gel the players then we have a chance, Northern Ireland have proved you can do well as a team.