Saints 2 Burnley 0 - Match Reaction

trousers

Man of the match v Burnley  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match v Burnley

Koeman did get it wrong initially. We were far too narrow which played right into Burnley's hands as they could canter up the touchline and hit diagonals, which was pretty much their entire attacking capability.

Fair play to Kelv - great performance considering he hasn't played for ages and I'm honestly not confident that Forster would have saved the shot from Ings.

We need to play to our strengths a bit more - Mane is our best offensive player right now by some distance so we need to keep him central in my opinion. I would leave Pelle on the bench at Everton.

I see MOTD kept mentioning Vokes and his ties to Southampton, but don't Vokes, Ings and Jutkiewicz all have ties to Saints? Is Vokes the biggest Saints fan, or the only Saints fan of the three? What is the history of each to us?

Koeman did mention the potential suspension as one reason he didn't start Vic in the post match interview on radio Solent.

Lol Max, Shurloch (oh wait, just realised he's spelt it with no capital letter) smashed off the park in one simple sentence.

I'd tend to ignore shurlock guys, very prone to taking offence and lashing out in kind.

The other week I was accused of being a plastic for not going to the Chelsea game despite having a season ticket and having played on the Dell's pitch as a nipper.

He has hit the woodwork like 7 times this season, could say he's having a tad bad luck.

He doesn't need to worry because all the worthy posters who abused anyone who questioned his albiity will rush to support him now.

He is what he is a 12-15 goal a season striker just like Long.

He will score again sometime in the future. One fine day they say.

So instead of abusing him or making out he is some kind of first rank striker we shoukd except him for what he is.

Now if you want to have a go at someone for being woeful I would suggest Tadic. Mr Disappointment.

I see MOTD kept mentioning Vokes and his ties to Southampton, but don't Vokes, Ings and Jutkiewicz all have ties to Saints? Is Vokes the biggest Saints fan, or the only Saints fan of the three? What is the history of each to us?

Jutkiewicz is the only one from Saints academy out of the three.

I did wince when 'you'll never play here again' started up when Vokes went off, very harsh :lol:

Vokes was simply the player Burnley put in front of the media at the pre-game press conference. The press then questioned him about his Saints ties, Motd and Sky commentators then use the info from the press conferences in their commentary. Had Burnley used Ings and Jutkiewicz then similar would have been asked of them in the press conference.