Wales vs Netherlands (Saints watch!)

mattiiiboiii7

It's almost as if England wasted an entire qualifying campaign, where they were gifted some of the weakest opposition imaginable, and instead of looking at bring through a crop of in-form players who were showing why they deserved to be in the national team, he built the squad around getting an out of form and past-it forward so he could claim a special badge for scoring penalties against dog-and-duck level opponents, picking big team bench players as he went.

It's almost like that, but the FA are a progressive modern organisation with a long term plan, right? :?

P.S. Delph plays after what, 94 minutes all season?

Who exactly is in this "crop of in form players showing why they deserved to be in the national team"?

I'd suggest none of them, none of them are as good as a young Scholes, Beckham, Ferdindand or Cole. Or indeed the young Wayne Rooney.

Whichever players you're talking about, they're nothing more than the "why are we still playing this lot" of five or six years time. We are rapidly turning into Scotland, there's no golden generation that Roy is not picking on purpose.

Well, game over.

Way behind Spain in terms of quality.

Bertrand was decent. Kane put himself about.

Sterling poor technique and let his man go for a goal but offers lots of pace.

Lallana was woeful with Barkley only a bit better

Two banks of 4. We aim to his them in the break or hope for a bit of individual brilliance. Otherwise, utter gash against a good side.

If we play like that and lose against France, Roy will find himself under a fair bit of pressure I reckon.

Ah well. We are still crap when against a good side

Edited by Batman

I'm not a massive fan of Hodgson but the players available simply aren't very good.

The likes of Milner, Delph, Jones, Walker, Dier wouldn't get anywhere near the Spain squad.

Our only chance in the tournament is to go very defensive and try to hit teams on the break because one thing the squad does have in abundance when everyone is fit is pacy attackers. Having a **** easy qualifying group doesn't really lend itself to developing a tactical plan because we can just turn up and muddle through.

You thought it might have been GreenPeace?

i said it looks like. which it does. All the news channels say the same

I reckon it was, like, the bankers. Or Tories or something.

None of you knew anything other than a mass shooting had taken place. Could quite easily have been a bunch of white supremacists unhappy about the number of foreigners in Paris. It wasn't but leaping to conclusions like that doesn't help matters.

None of you knew anything other than a mass shooting had taken place. Could quite easily have been a bunch of white supremacists unhappy about the number of foreigners in Paris. It wasn't but leaping to conclusions like that doesn't help matters.

Why does it need to 'help matters'? Everyone knows what had happened, it's not a difficult assumption is it.

Yeah just as likely to be a lively Methodist group.. I feel your such stance hinders discussions - want to be seen as the fair good guy. Don't ever get a job in security services

It was never going to be that, and it wasn't. The news was linking it to Muslim extremists pretty much immediately and they knew more than you did.

Why does it need to 'help matters'? Everyone knows what had happened, it's not a difficult assumption is it.

Just like everyone knew the Oklahoma City bombing was Muslims and so was the Oslo bombing.

Yeah just as likely to be a lively Methodist group.. I feel your such stance hinders discussions - want to be seen as the fair good guy. Don't ever get a job in security services

Don't give a sh*t if I'm the 'good guy'. The people who did this are utter scum and I wish we lived in a world where Islam didn't exist. Sadly we don't but I prefer to wait until I actually know something before deciding who to blame.

Just like everyone knew the Oklahoma City bombing was Muslims and so was the Oslo bombing.

Don't give a sh*t if I'm the 'good guy'. The people who did this are utter scum and I wish we lived in a world where Islam didn't exist. Sadly we don't but I prefer to wait until I actually know something before deciding who to blame.

No one is saying every act of terrorism is the same. in the 1980s a bomb going off under an army jeep in Belfast I would safely wsay we could rule out Al Qaida, Chechen separatists and the Vietcong

Were you surprised a pick-up truck with the confederate flag wasn't

is it really unreasonable to think this was the work of a few islamic nutjobs?

ISIS did tell everyone this was going to happen when we started ferrying migrants across the med a few months ago. (whether that is relevant, who knows but it is reported that one of the gunmen was Syrian)

Edited by Batman