Poch wouldn't leave Spurs for Chelsea or Man U

Wes Tender

I think he'd go like a shot if a big club with their own song came in for him

I think Spurs are a big club the first English club to win a European trophy who have under performed for over thirty years

Not unlike Chelsea and Man City who in my opinion are not as big a club as Spurs

In my lifetime they have the following honours

League

First Division/Premier League

Winners (2): 1950–51, 1960–61

Second Division/Championship

Winners (1): 1949–50

Cup

FA Cup

Winners (6) 1960–61, 1961–62, 1966–67, 1980–81, 1981–82, 1990–91

League Cup

Winners (4): 1970–71, 1972–73, 1998–99, 2007–08

European

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

Winners (1): 1962–63

UEFA Cup/UEFA Europa League

Winners (2): 1971–72, 1983–84

Have I ever claimed that we were a bigger club than Spurs? I don't think so. Could we ever finish ahead on them in the PL? Yes, Leicester show that is feasible under the right circumstances. At the start of the season, anybody who claimed that Leicester would be top of the division at this stage would have been taken away by men in white coats. Scorn would also have been poured on anybody on here who predicted that at this stage we would be above Chelsea and Liverpool and just one point behind Van Gaal's United.

A simple yes would have been fine.

You accept that Spurs are a bigger club than we are. Cheers.

There's no evidence to suggest that Poch is any more disloyal than any comparable football manager so no idea where this "he'll be off like a shot" garbage is coming from.

As Lord D says, he's no more likely to be "off like a shot" to Chelsea than Koeman would be.

And if Poch does above and beyond with Spurs this season - say winning the league - then perversely that makes him far less likely to leave them. There's no way on earth he would lift the league title with Spurs, instantly becoming a club legend and one of their greatest ever managers, only to immediately quit and join non-Champions League Chelsea or Man U. It just wouldn't happen.

Exactly this.

Never much understood why he was such a 'snake' leaving when he did. For a start the entire boardroom was changing, and he got no guarantees (why would he in a time of a boardroom skake up to be fair) but add this to a bigger club come knocking most would have exited.

Good manager and excellent coach, he'll move on to bigger and better than spurs

Spuds are trying to build a new stadium for mega money. They will probably have to restrict spending on the team just as Arsenal did for five or six years in order to afford the Emirates.

This is true or false depending on whether the owners of spurs intend to pay for the stadium with their own money or out of spurs future profits. After all, the Arsenal owners could have paid for their stadium with their own money, but chose not to. On the other hand, I believe Abramovitz is planning to pay for the Chelsea improvements with his own money.

Exactly this.

Never much understood why he was such a 'snake' leaving when he did. For a start the entire boardroom was changing, and he got no guarantees (why would he in a time of a boardroom skake up to be fair) but add this to a bigger club come knocking most would have exited.

Good manager and excellent coach, he'll move on to bigger and better than spurs

I think the reason people are upset with him is that he left the board with the impression what he would seriously discuss signing a new contract once the season was over and that was never true. Also, when he left he told them that he was not leaving to join another team he just wanted to stop coaching here but when informed that either way, he still had to pay the 2 million pound fee then suddenly the spurs were calling to negotiate.

I think the reason people are upset with him is that he left the board with the impression what he would seriously discuss signing a new contract once the season was over and that was never true. Also, when he left he told them that he was not leaving to join another team he just wanted to stop coaching here but when informed that either way, he still had to pay the 2 million pound fee then suddenly the spurs were calling to negotiate.

Which is naïve in the extreme.

From speaking directly to RK at the Awards Dinner he knew Pochettino had no inention of signing a new contract but was paying lip service to fans.

At one stage he said he wasnt even sure how much influence the Manager generally had on performances.

Why do we sing other club songs?

Not quite the same, is it? Oh when the Saints. Specifically a reference to our nickname and not Spurs. They appropriate everything- managers, players - and think it is their right. Can't stand them or their wingeing fans. They even say they made Bale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not quite the same, is it? Oh when the Saints. Specifically a reference to our nickname and not Spurs. They appropriate everything- managers, players - and think it is their right. Can't stand them or their wingeing fans. They even say they made Bale...

oh when the saints song does not belong to southampton football club

Never said it did. Much more our song than it is Spurs. Saints is the clue.

and we sing songs belonging to other clubs. Dont get all precious because the one we have adopted (like other clubs) happens to have the same word as our nickname

and we sing songs belonging to other clubs. Dont get all precious because the one we have adopted (like other clubs) happens to have the same word as our nickname

Don't get all illogical. I'm not talking about other songs that 'belong' to other clubs (whatever they are). I'm talking about this one, which is part of our history. And it is precious - ha! - to many of us. Spurs have been singing it for about two years. And it grates with me because I like authenticity. And can't stand Spurs.