The Ox vs. Depay vs. Townsend

Lallana's Left Peg

AFTER he had his head turned by Tottenham after the savvy yet slimeball Daniel Levy realised the massive gaff we'd made by not activating the buy option for £8M.

Had he not had his head turned..or more to the point had we got the deal done in the Jan window rather than wait until the end of the season and naively think nobody would notice the immense talent we had on our hands

or perhaps even more naively think that a "gentlemans handshake" with Ath Madrid would be enough in 2015 ....he would have signed.

Literally weeks before spurs declared their interest Toby himself said he's happy with us.

I know that means precisely sod all in modern day football but he still said it and his head wasn't turned at that point.

So I don't really believe it was case of he didn't want to sign, we just looked a gift horse in the mouth for too long and lost.

We naused it up is what happened.

Atletico cancelled the buy option for £1.5 million in order to sell to the highest bidder. Reed then negotiated hard to get TA to sign for us, but he (TA) strung him along before deciding to go to greener pastures. I don't see how Reed is to blame.

AFTER he had his head turned by Tottenham after the savvy yet slimeball Daniel Levy realised the massive gaff we'd made by not activating the buy option for £8M.

Had he not had his head turned..or more to the point had we got the deal done in the Jan window rather than wait until the end of the season and naively think nobody would notice the immense talent we had on our hands

or perhaps even more naively think that a "gentlemans handshake" with Ath Madrid would be enough in 2015 ....he would have signed.

Literally weeks before spurs declared their interest Toby himself said he's happy with us.

I know that means precisely sod all in modern day football but he still said it and his head wasn't turned at that point.

So I don't really believe it was case of he didn't want to sign, we just looked a gift horse in the mouth for too long and lost.

We naused it up is what happened.

Someone here is being naive, that's for sure.

Atletico cancelled the buy option for £1.5 million in order to sell to the highest bidder. Reed then negotiated hard to get TA to sign for us, but he (TA) strung him along before deciding to go to greener pastures. I don't see how Reed is to blame.

I agree with that. I'm not disputing that.

That's business..business is hard and cold.

My point is, had we had the deal done in January, where it was clear Toby was our best defender by a mile and a perfect pairing for Fonte, none of this would have happened.

I don't see anyone else's feet the blame could possibly be placed at other than Reed's.

$0.02

I agree with that. I'm not disputing that.

That's business..business is hard and cold.

My point is, had we had the deal done in January, where it was clear Toby was our best defender by a mile and a perfect pairing for Fonte, none of this would have happened.

I don't see anyone else's feet the blame could possibly be placed at other than Reed's.

$0.02

Atletico were not interested in doing a deal in January only in the summer.

I think if Toby wanted to be at Southampton he'd be here now.

We signed Bertrand on a permanent contract during that January window, we were sharp enough to do that, so I reckon we would have done the same with TA if the option was there (and if he genuinly wanted to).

He was great for us but on the flipside we were great for him - we put him in the shop window.

now the Mane / Depay swap is duplicating itself on every site. Obviously Man U are listening to their "new manager's wishes "....and lining up another summer clear out.

OK...... if the money's there and we're all happy with the deal ......maybe it'd work.

But if I were Les Reed..... I'd want Ronald Koeman's signature on a new contract before we sign " a loose cannon " like Depay.

Maybe RK can straighten him out, and get the best out of him, but if it goes wrong......Depay could end up becoming Koeman's " Osvaldo " :scared:

But if I were Les Reed..... I'd want Ronald Koeman's signature on a new contract before we sign " a loose cannon " like Depay.

Maybe RK can straighten him out, and get the best out of him, but if it goes wrong......Depay could end up becoming Koeman's " Osvaldo " :scared:

^ so much win for all this.

To me, Depay = Ballotelli in terms of characteristics..

• 2 weeks later...
AOC broken down again. Too much of a risk to take.

Ah, but how much is that to do with Arsenal's famously naff medical department?

If I was Wenger I'd sack the lot, then maybe half their players wouldn't be injured for most of the season.