Anyone know roughly when vvd will be fit?

Roger

My guess is that VVD broke a metatarsal and the info coming out does fit that theory.

Not quite sure why Saints are being so secretive about it. Interesting to note Man City's reaction to Jesus' injury very open and frank about it.

My betting is metatarsal or ankle fracture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Saints are also prepared to leave him out entirely for the remainder of the season if they are convinced it is in his best interests."

AKA "in Saints' best interests". There's no way we'll pick him even if fully fit if it's the difference between him definitely being here next season and not. Same goes with Caceres - if we want to keep him and we're not playing for anything we'll use him sparingly now and sign him permanently in the summer if he's impressed us. No-one else knows how our training is going and that's something we can use to our advantage to build a stronger squad for longer.

My guess is that VVD broke a metatarsal and the info coming out does fit that theory.

Not quite sure why Saints are being so secretive about it. Interesting to note Man City's reaction to Jesus' injury very open and frank about it.

The difference I think is that city aren't a selling club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Saints are also prepared to leave him out entirely for the remainder of the season if they are convinced it is in his best interests."

AKA "in Saints' best interests". There's no way we'll pick him even if fully fit if it's the difference between him definitely being here next season and not. Same goes with Caceres - if we want to keep him and we're not playing for anything we'll use him sparingly now and sign him permanently in the summer if he's impressed us. No-one else knows how our training is going and that's something we can use to our advantage to build a stronger squad for longer.

Makes sense.

Makes sense.

I'm intrigued to know if we're actually going to pick Caceres and if we're interested in keeping him for longer. Makes sense for us to play Stephens as much as possible to give him experience when the results don't really matter (Prem prize money aside), but seems a lot of money to pay for Caceres' wages just as a back up as well, which suggests we're considering him as a future option without wanting to commit in case Stephens makes that unnecessary.

Regardless of how well Stephens does, we'll need to sign another CB, no?

Yup, as Caceres will be leaving in May unless he signs a longer deal. Can't consider Gardos as a viable first teamer any more and we need 4.

Obviously if Van Dijk did go, which I think is fairly unlikely, we'd have to replace him too.