Virgil Transfer Rumours - January 18

St Chalet

The bloke from City who told me that VvD was definitely staying has also said that Saints have informed those clubs who inquired as to his availability that he's also not for sale in Jan'.

He's been pretty bob on so far to be fair to him.

Hopefully this is true. I have a feeling that no matter what the club say, some of this summer's nonsense will repeat in January. Hopefully someone talks some sense into VVD and he keeps his head down until Summer.

The bloke from City who told me that VvD was definitely staying has also said that Saints have informed those clubs who inquired as to his availability that he's also not for sale in Jan'.

He's been pretty bob on so far to be fair to him.

I hope he goes to City if i'm honest - it seems as if they respectfully accepted that he wasn't for sale and backed off (similar to united when they were in for Shaw the window before they got him).

Why would anyone hope he goes to City. He is a Southampton player on contract until 2022. If he refuses a further extension the club could sell for a fee in 2020 or in 2021, but as he only cost £13m they could decide keeping him until 2022, was still money well spent. As I've suggested elsewhere, he won't know himself at the moment how he will feel after he's played for us for 7 years.

As Saints' fans we should hope the club sticks to its policy indefinitely.

We've got Van Dijk, Virgil Van Dijk!

I don't think Liverpool understand

He's Pellegrino's man, Big Les made a stand!

We've got Virgil Van Dijk!

We've got Van Dijk, Virgil Van Dijk!

I don't think his agent understands

He's playing with the kids, career is on the skids

We've got Virgil Van Dijk!