BT Pass

Chocolate Box

7 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Do you need to apply - I’ve not received anything from the club in months via email?

You might find that you've unwittingly unsubscribed yourself.

I had that a year or so ago - I filled in some sort of form on the website, might have been a competition, might have been a vote of some description, but because I didn't tick the "Keep me updated" box, the system took that as an implicit unsubscribe.

4 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

You might find that you've unwittingly unsubscribed yourself.

I had that a year or so ago - I filled in some sort of form on the website, might have been a competition, might have been a vote of some description, but because I didn't tick the "Keep me updated" box, the system took that as an implicit unsubscribe.

Cheers Steve, that’s probably what’s happened. I’ve emailed the club to see what they can do. 

15 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

We're getting a BT pass, as well as 2 x SS day passes?

Correct. The Sky passes are only valid until the final day of the season, so even though we've got - at most - one remaining game that's going to be behind their paywall (Sheffield United, and that's not set in stone yet as they've not announced who's showing which games on the final day), you'll need to use at least one of them on days when we're not playing. The second test match starts tomorrow, for what it's worth...

Once you use the code they send on the initial email you receive another email 2 hours before the game to tell you your user name and password - allegedly!  Bearing in mind you get cut off after the game it's not really a 24 hour pass but better than nothing I suppose.

32 minutes ago, Stud mark of doom said:

Anyone managed to log in successfully? Saints have sent me a password but the BT FAQs say you need a username and password. I’m having trouble guessing what the username might be - just been locked out. 

The code they have sent is a voucher code, I think. So you'd have to create an account on the BT website first, and then I assume there's somewhere on the site to enter the code to get BT Sport unlocked for use either on the app (mobile or TV) or to watch through the website.

1 hour ago, Pip said:

Once you use the code they send on the initial email you receive another email 2 hours before the game to tell you your user name and password - allegedly!  Bearing in mind you get cut off after the game it's not really a 24 hour pass but better than nothing I suppose.

Yes. No sign of mine yet. Confusing as to which platform you can view it on. Not all Nowtv boxes, has to be the black one. I've got a BT box (no longer subscribe) but not available on that. Looks like it will have to be BT Sports app on PC. If you have a chromecast you'll be able to watch on a TV. 

1 hour ago, stevegrant said:

The code they have sent is a voucher code, I think. So you'd have to create an account on the BT website first, and then I assume there's somewhere on the site to enter the code to get BT Sport unlocked for use either on the app (mobile or TV) or to watch through the website.

They've actually made it a heck of a lot more confusing than that as doesn't seem to link to an individuals new or existing BT account in any way.

Have to go to https://matchpass.bt.com/, select the specific fixture the code has been sent for, enter name/e-mail/address/code, then will be apparently be sent an e-mail at some point this afternoon with a username/password that will allow access to the match only (no other programs or channels) via BT website or apps.

I have successfully registered and am on. You have to register the code first on BT Sport and they immediately send an ID and password. Quite simple in the end but I felt that the instructions weren't clear. Got this from Saints Customer Relations:- 

To register for your Match Pass, simply visit bt.com/matchpass, select the match (this must be a home fixture involving your team), and then enter your details. You will be asked to enter your Match Pass ID, and must do so exactly as it appears on the email that you received from your club.

If you are registering in advance of the match, you will receive an email confirming your successful registration straight away.

You will then receive a second email containing your BT ID username and password no less than two hours before kick-off. You will need these to log in to the BT Sport App.

If you are registering less than six hours before kick-off, then your BT ID credentials will be displayed on bt.com/matchpass as soon as you have successfully registered. You will also be sent an email confirming these credentials.

If you have any problems, please contact our dedicated team on 0800 876 6982. Phone lines are open from four hours prior to kick-off of each match.

2 hours ago, SaveloyMush said:

I get nowhere without registering and having to give credit card details, in which case, BT and Saints FC can get fucked. 

I have a code from the club, am I missing something here?

Yes. You don't have to sign up to anything. Just register the code on BT and they send you a username and password. No request for credit card details.

3 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

I believe that they are for ST holders of the home club, so I guess that Bournemouth ST holders may have one.

Ah, thanks mis. Makes sense I suppose. I have got BT Sport thankfully but was going to send pass to my Daughter.

51 minutes ago, Chocolate Box said:

Ah, thanks mis. Makes sense I suppose. I have got BT Sport thankfully but was going to send pass to my Daughter.

If you'll be watching it through Sky/Virgin/BT TV, I think someone else could watch using your BT login through the app or website.