Minamino keep or get rid?

Mr X

I would if it means we sell Redmond (only cos I wouldn’t see any of the others) Our wide players last season didn’t score or create enough so seems silly to go into next year with the exact same players in those positions. Armstrong is fine, Walcott already signed up so I’d like at least one new face in there this season. 

I have this feeling that he has something about him, but what with the injury that he had and the fact that he couldn't play against Liverpool, his opportunities to really show what he can do here (apart from the goals) have been a bit stop/start....a bit limited. I won't be disappointed if we don't sign  him, but I just think that he has a bit more to him than a lot of others on here.

On 04/06/2021 at 11:41, miserableoldgit said:

I have this feeling that he has something about him, but what with the injury that he had and the fact that he couldn't play against Liverpool, his opportunities to really show what he can do here (apart from the goals) have been a bit stop/start....a bit limited. I won't be disappointed if we don't sign  him, but I just think that he has a bit more to him than a lot of others on here.

I tend to agree with this. I think its incredibly tough for a player whos had very little playing time to come to a new team halfway thru a season and have a big impact. At first I was very excited when he came to us but Like most people my disappointment grew, however I do believe, for the reason I stated that he should be given more of a chance once hes settled and become a little more used to the way we play. I do believe that there is a talented player in there. I know as fans we all want to see an immediate result but sometimes, for certain players you need a bit of  patience.  Hopefully hes one of those players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Going to be fackin depressing starting next season with the same attacking players...

Whilst ill agree a lot of our attacking was 'frustrating' last season a quick look at the league 8 teams scored less than us with another also scoring 47. Scoring goals was not a huge problem last season especially when you consider we were conceding so many meaning we cant be scoring at the same time. Replace one of Redmond or Djenepo and sort out the defence and the picture looks a lot better.

In respect of  Minamino, as others have said, there is certainly a player there, maybe fits us maybe he doesn't but i wouldnt want to use a huge amount of our budget to find out .