2021/22 Season Tickets - On Sale Now

Saint Garrett

31 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Unless you are in a particularly at risk group, or you have dodged the vaccine, I don't know what you are worrying about.

Its not for others to worry about what @manzo is worried about. Each to their own and all that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, St Louis said:

Its not for others to worry about what @manzo is worried about. Each to their own and all that.

Fair enough. We are where we are now though - things aren't going to get any better. We either get on with life now the risks have been massively reduced or we stay inside and hide - I know which option I prefer. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

Fair enough. We are where we are now though - things aren't going to get any better. We either get on with life now the risks have been massively reduced or we stay inside and hide - I know which option I prefer. 

Hey, that's a perfectly valid view to have, I get where you're coming from, even though I couldn't (politely) disagree with it more.

I've been fully vaccinated, so I'm not particularly concerned about myself (until we finally succeed in generating a variant that renders the vaccine useless). My kids, however, are a different matter. They've lost out on enough over the last 18 months that I don't want to increase their chances of getting long Covid over that of having to play Covid Roulette at school.

To be honest, I haven't completely decided yet, but making decisions like this is part of the joy of parenthood!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Perhaps he shouldn’t have paid a deposit then. 

I'm sure that you pride yourself on being a contrary c*nt (you certainly regularly come across that way), so congratulations on your consistency.

If you're actually interested (which I strongly doubt, but hey, I might as well use my last post of the day up for sh*ts and giggles), when I paid the deposit at the end of May case numbers were significantly lower, and I still held some hope that the Government would finally not f*ck up some part of this pandemic. Their removing all restrictions yesterday, despite the increasing case numbers and the ~1.1 million people with long Covid, seems to have put that hope in its place.

I was happy to renew last season to support the club, knowing that government restrictions would reflect the risk, so I'd get a refund if the ground was still closed. Now, that appears to no longer be the case.

So, whilst I don't expect you to agree with my views, I hope that you can at least understand the logic of it, and see that perhaps it isn't the cut-and-dried situation your glib reply insinuated.

• Like 2

Just found an old season ticket from 1977.

Cost me £37!!

Also that was the year that a pint of Lager at the Concorde Club went up to the ridiculously high price of 45p

Mind you my mortgage interest rate had just reduced to 10.75% so happy days!!

36 minutes ago, itchen said:

Has anyone heard about paying the balance? I haven't heard anything since paying the deposit.

I haven't had any reminder but as it happens I went into my account only last night and it says, for the various types (renewal, new, etc.) the timetable. Renewals are to be paid by the 15th July.  At least the hit wasn't so bad as I used the balance left from last season as a sort of savings account! Might be a good idea to check your own account.

Has there been any information from the club yet on 'Membership'? Would probably suit me better this season.

Maybe that's their concern, and they worry more will opt for membership over ST's, so waiting to sell a few more of those first.

23 hours ago, The Cat said:

My email said payment online by 19th July. Going to have to ring them tomorrow anyway as I want to use the credit and pay over 3 months which you can't do online.

I have just paid for my two seats that I had previously reserved. I asked about the deadline and was told that it is midnight on Monday 19th July. I chose to make the payments by credirt card over seven months with the first being made today and the others being taken on the 31st August and the end of the subsequent months.

I mentioned that the 'contact' link at the bottom of the supporters' account page was broken and I was told that they knew about this. For those like me who had to go hunting for it, here it is,

02381 780780

6 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I have just paid for my two seats that I had previously reserved. I asked about the deadline and was told that it is midnight on Monday 19th July. I chose to make the payments by credirt card over seven months with the first being made today and the others being taken on the 31st August and the end of the subsequent months.

I mentioned that the 'contact' link at the bottom of the supporters' account page was broken and I was told that they knew about this. For those like me who had to go hunting for it, here it is,

02381 780780

Cheers. Phoned them earlier and all sorted. Here's to another season of half arsed attacks and comical defensive errors!

• Like 1