Away tickets

Kaiser Soze

17 hours ago, Kaiser Soze said:

What’s the crack with away tickets? Would expected something re Everton & Newcastle games by now….

Would have thought we'd hear in the next few days mate. Some teams have had normal allocations pre season ,I know some Villa who went to Stoke and Leicester at Burton last week and everything was pretty much normal for them , they weren't test events. 

6 hours ago, JRM said:

Would have thought we'd hear in the next few days mate. Some teams have had normal allocations pre season ,I know some Villa who went to Stoke and Leicester at Burton last week and everything was pretty much normal for them , they weren't test events. 

Hopefully mate.

You doing Newcastle? It a local one for me nowadays!!

On this occasion I can understand the club taking the smaller allocation. It’s been a while but first away since COVID, who knows how many will be happy to go to home games but hold off on travelling?

Traditionally the worst supported away game in the North West, seen as the lesser fixture of the numerous  times a season we seem to go there, long trip, motorway usually fooked. We’ve taken around 4-5,000 to Wigan the past couple of times we’ve been there!

Probably change with their new stadium if we’re still around.

13 hours ago, suewhistle said:

I'm interested in Newcastle, make a small break of staying with friends in the Dales and train from Darlo or even a cheap hotel for a messy Saturday night. Any recommendations?

Have stayed here in the past https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186394-d1068261-Reviews-The_Brighton-Newcastle_upon_Tyne_Tyne_and_Wear_England.html

Not exactly luxurious. But easy walking distance to the stadium and therefore the city center

21 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Cheers. It says 'somewhat walkable' but that is for the general decrepit population, not football fans! If I can't get a ticket I may not head North but the match is always a useful peg around which to arrange a trip.

1.2 miles, 27 minutes according to Google Maps.

58 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Cheers. It says 'somewhat walkable' but that is for the general decrepit population, not football fans! If I can't get a ticket I may not head North but the match is always a useful peg around which to arrange a trip.

Have stayed in Premier Inn a few times up there, usually a decent price and good location near Quayside 

It's a bank holiday weekend, brilliant nightlife up there will be a lively Saturday night. Can't imagine tickets will be a problem, train fares are sky high and not many will fancy sitting on a coach for 7 or 8 hours. 

On 27/07/2021 at 22:41, Kaiser Soze said:

Hopefully mate.

You doing Newcastle? It a local one for me nowadays!!

Don't think I'll do it mate, looking at £120 return from Kings Cross , takes the piss really, cheaper for those with railcards or maybe a group ticket 

32 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

It helps having a cheap to run electric car, and, as I say, stopping off to see friends. Rail (with card) for the final leg from Darlington is £15. I'll have a look at the Premier Inn, they sometimes have chargers too..

This is my thinking. Just looked and it's £14 worth of Super Charging to get to Newcastle - which is absolutely feck all and a bit of a no brainer, even if it does mean driving home with a hangover the next day :) 

7 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

image.thumb.png.d490a3ddbc2693d63be95022ac90d62d.png

Bit of a joke if true….

I'd be surprised if we sell the lower 1800 allocation to be honest, I've been to Goodison about 20 times and can't think of any occasions we took more than that except maybe when Saints subsidised tickets to £10 end of season 2018. 

1 minute ago, JRM said:

I'd be surprised if we sell the lower 1800 allocation to be honest, I've been to Goodison about 20 times and can't think of any occasions we took more than that except maybe when Saints subsidised tickets to £10 end of season 2018. 

Most trips there aren't usually after nearly 2 seasons of no fans though...

13 minutes ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

Anyone know roughly how many tickets are left on sale for Everton? 

Loads left , they shaded out the restricted view from the start guess they just make them available once normal ones are sold, the new ticket website is even less user friendly than the last one but my guess is at least 900 left. 

55 minutes ago, JRM said:

Loads left , they shaded out the restricted view from the start guess they just make them available once normal ones are sold, the new ticket website is even less user friendly than the last one but my guess is at least 900 left. 

I wonder if all the fans that were moaning that the club did not take the full allocation of 2800odd and that they wouldn't get a ticket are now suddenly busy and unable to attend.  

• Like 1

On 03/08/2021 at 13:59, JRM said:

Don't think I'll do it mate, looking at £120 return from Kings Cross , takes the piss really, cheaper for those with railcards or maybe a group ticket 

Cheaper deals available using split ticket website, I got £101 return from Salisbury (all be it with a senior railcards)

https://splitticketing.trainsplit.com/default.aspx