Parking near St Mary's

the colonel

If you are coming from out of town towards St Mary’s over the northern bridge, take a sharp left straight after the bridge and there is a rowing club. £5 and 5 minute walk to the ground. 

rowing club is Coalporters Quay warehousing and the old industrial area and car park is there. 

Edited by Dr Who?
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, the colonel said:

For the best part of 20 years I've been parking at the same location on Radcliff Road. I think the owner has now sold the land. 

Any recommendations where I can park. I travel down from London for every game.

Thanks in advance.

Is this the small compound on an industrial yard towards the end of Radcliffe Road (near Northam Social Club) backing onto the railway line ?

On 19/08/2021 at 21:22, Badger said:

Is this the small compound on an industrial yard towards the end of Radcliffe Road (near Northam Social Club) backing onto the railway line ?

Yes it is. Ivor has sold the land.

Thanks everyone else. I'll get down early and things out.

• Like 1

On 19/08/2021 at 20:43, Dr Who? said:

If you are coming from out of town towards St Mary’s over the northern bridge, take a sharp left straight after the bridge and there is a rowing club. £5 and 5 minute walk to the ground. 

rowing club is Coalporters Quay warehousing and the old industrial area and car park is there. 

This is £10 now, or at least it was for the 19/20 season - it went up from a fiver the year before. Hopefully it is still going, and they haven't put the price up any further as I am planning to park there tomorrow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, East Kent Saint said:

West Quay multi is a safe bet , only cost £5 a while ago , we had time for lunch , match and post match drink …. It was before last season of course !

I used to do this about 15 years ago when I came down from Royston for games as used to go for food with a mate and walk to the ground. But if you are going for drive down, game, drive straight back home, I think the Coalporters is very good for a quick getaway, as long as you are going M27. 

1 hour ago, Mattster said:

This is £10 now, or at least it was for the 19/20 season - it went up from a fiver the year before. Hopefully it is still going, and they haven't put the price up any further as I am planning to park there tomorrow!

Jeez that’s inflation. I have not been to a home game since 2016! 😱. Being a northern saint I just go to away northern games mainly. Hopefully I will get to a couple of home games this season. 

• 2 months later...