Saints on itv4 big match revisited now at the Dell

East Kent Saint

On 28/08/2021 at 14:50, Tamesaint said:

I watched this match and do you know we lost 7-1 in our previous match ? The commentary only mentioned it 3 times in the first few minutes. Thank God we hadn't lost 9 nil.  

Did they mention it was in the League Cup? It was 2nd Leg, we won the home leg 4-0, and aggregate scores were level after 90 minutes of 2nd leg, so it went to extra time. Lost 5-7 on aggregate. I'm reasonably sure I went to the game, it was soon after I got back to UK after living in Australia for a while. Charlie George hit the woodwork. Watford were in the 2nd Division as well by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you modern day tactical experts with your XGs, Pressing triggers, number 10s and false nines should watch this. We played some brilliant stuff, fantastic fast, aggressive attacking football and not a spreadsheet or heat map in sight

• Haha 1

I've been watching some of these recently, brings back a few good memories of the era I remember fondly.

They've been doing 1974-75 recently, it was a time that Man Utd were taking over just about every ground they went to. Last week they were away to Sheff Wed, supposedly a 'big' club but it was like a home game for United. It was the same when United played Leeds in the FA Cup semi at HIllsborough, other than a small section of Leeds in one corner at one end, it was mostly all mancs.

There's also been MIllwall v skates, they love us really, they even played in red shirts with white stripes. It also appeared not a single skate in the ground, must have all been busy that day.

18 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

I've been watching some of these recently, brings back a few good memories of the era I remember fondly.

They've been doing 1974-75 recently, it was a time that Man Utd were taking over just about every ground they went to. Last week they were away to Sheff Wed, supposedly a 'big' club but it was like a home game for United. It was the same when United played Leeds in the FA Cup semi at HIllsborough, other than a small section of Leeds in one corner at one end, it was mostly all mancs.

There's also been MIllwall v skates, they love us really, they even played in red shirts with white stripes. It also appeared not a single skate in the ground, must have all been busy that day.

This can’t be true. The greatest fans in the world who are also the hardest not turning up at their greatest rivals off the pitch?