"MP Sir David Amess stabbed multiple times in incident at constituency surgery"

trousers

5 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

It’s a fair point though. Delldays didn’t kick off when Jo Cox was killed by a white supremacist but when I suggested that MPs (all of them) be given armed guards he comes back with his usual anti foreigner jibe. He only seems to have a problem with specific types of murderers.

Quite right soggy. Following the appaling death of Jo Cox there was quite rightly a focus on the evil ideology of white supremacy which I can presume we all agree was the correct response. Now following this equally appaling death we should quite rightly have a similar focus on the evil ideology that caused this which appears to be findamentalist Islam. This is particularly important given the stats I have already highlighted above. Agreed? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Yes but the point is that the religious mentalists are overwhelmingly from one religion according to the stats. 

Yes they are, do people really have a problem saying that, when the numbers are overwhelming?

What is also undeniable is that the amount of Muslims that are terrorists is very very small. People aren't apologists for saying that.

What is not spoken about enough is the links between the Saudis and Muslim terrorist groups, yet here we are as a country embracing them.

4 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Yes they are, do people really have a problem saying that, when the numbers are overwhelming?

What is also undeniable is that the amount of Muslims that are terrorists is very very small. People aren't apologists for saying that.

What is not spoken about enough is the links between the Saudis and Muslim terrorist groups, yet here we are as a country embracing them.

I agree and I said it was a minority earlier in this thread. The fact there is a really serious problem with Islamic extremism that is a massively bigger problem than any other religion or type of terrorism really is something that needs a public airing though. That would include the links you allude to but also about mosques and their role in fermenting some of these backwards views. It does appear that some in the media but also in the wider public are very happy to openly discuss the problem of white supremacy after a killing but baulk at discussing the real problems after a killing inspired by Islamic extremism. Rather like the rape gangs, this issue won't begin to be combated in any meaningful way until there is a sensible and adult conversation (prevent is clearly an absolute joke at this point.)

On 19/10/2021 at 18:49, hypochondriac said:

Quite right soggy. Following the appaling death of Jo Cox there was quite rightly a focus on the evil ideology of white supremacy which I can presume we all agree was the correct response. Now following this equally appaling death we should quite rightly have a similar focus on the evil ideology that caused this which appears to be findamentalist Islam. This is particularly important given the stats I have already highlighted above. Agreed? 

Interesting Soggy has yet to reply. One can only assume that he believes that we should not focus on the cause of terrorism when it’s done by anyone who isn’t white. Although when it was the BLM riots with many arrested, despite initial denials of any violence at all, he later told us we should forget about the violence and focus on the cause. It appears the old chap is a little confused. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Tories do tend to be scum. Pond scum to be more accurate.

They are the majority of the voting population though.  That's a lot of scum.  

Reminds me of the Morrissey lyric:  "We won't vote Conservative, because we never have.  Everyone lies, everyone lies."  No wonder really.  

I've never voted Tory but have considered it.  There are a lot of tory-type policies and ways of life that I approve of or at least have sympathy with.  

2 hours ago, petermcpete said:

Posting this in a thread about a Tory being murdered.

Classy.

You are correct. Never noticed the thread title when I posted. My views on Tories are very well known but it is, of course, no reason for the violence extended to the MP.

Give over on the being offended though. As if you knew the bloke.

22 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

You are correct. Never noticed the thread title when I posted. My views on Tories are very well known but it is, of course, no reason for the violence extended to the MP.

Give over on the being offended though. As if you knew the bloke.

Who said I was offended?

Just making an observation on the type of person you clearly are.