Dave Merrington

Charlie Wayman

On 07/08/2022 at 06:58, rooney said:
On 06/08/2022 at 17:38, Saint86 said:

ure, but missed Merrington today.

Agree and Jo talked too much

Yet said absolutely nothing. A really boring listen. I think they should have asked Dean Hammond.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Due to the horrendous train service I’ve listened more prior to and after games. Don’t know about his “in match” stuff but Tessem is fucking woeful before & after, annoying voice spouting nonsense. Doesn’t really say anything, just waffles on and on. I found Dave’s last of the summer wine act grating, but this is far far  worse. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Due to the horrendous train service I’ve listened more prior to and after games. Don’t know about his “in match” stuff but Tessem is fucking woeful before & after, annoying voice spouting nonsense. Doesn’t really say anything, just waffles on and on. I found Dave’s last of the summer wine act grating, but this is far far  worse. 

Too much of Jo's voice, Dave bumbled a bit but he and Adam balanced each other well. Jo seems to think its his show and he's got an awful voice

I don’t understand why they can’t mix & match a bit. There’s lots of ex players capable of doing the games. If I was in charge I’d get different ex saints doing the away games at least. I’m sure there’s ex players living in every part of the country that we could rope in. I’d like different opinions rather than the same old same old every week. The other advantage is they can be a bit more outspoken without worrying about the clubs reaction. They could also challenge Blackmore’s pony a bit more.

I’d also bin the text’s from chumps sat at home. Fucking idiots that have listened to Blackmore commentary  of the game, then giving us their “insights” into what went wrong. “Fred from the IOW says,  we need more width”. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

51 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I agree, sometimes he waffles on so much he almost ends up with a totally different opinion than he started with.

• Haha 2

Just now, beatlesaint said:

I agree, sometimes he waffles on so much he almost ends up with a totally different opinion than he started with.

I’ve noticed that. He waffles on that jones needs to manage as he wants, if he wants to play 3 centre halves then he should be true to himself and do so. Before then going on to say he shouldn’t play 3 at the back. Yesterday he was running down the signing of Bree, saying we didn’t need him, before ending by saying if jones wants him it’s a decent signing. I would say the blokes clueless, but it’s hard to work out what point he’s actually making. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I don’t understand why they can’t mix & match a bit. There’s lots of ex players capable of doing the games. If I was in charge I’d get different ex saints doing the away games at least. I’m sure there’s ex players living in every part of the country that we could rope in. I’d like different opinions rather than the same old same old every week. The other advantage is they can be a bit more outspoken without worrying about the clubs reaction. They could also challenge Blackmore’s pony a bit more.

I’d also bin the text’s from chumps sat at home. Fucking idiots that have listened to Blackmore commentary  of the game, then giving us their “insights” into what went wrong. “Fred from the IOW says,  we need more width”. 

My brother in law is an ex footballer and he was asked to provide Co commentary at a match the other week. Their local radio station tends to have a mixture of different ones which I feel enhances the experience by a lot. 

33 minutes ago, rooney said:

I thought Dean Hammond did a good job with Adam a few weeks ago.

Didn't hear that but I can imagine he would be good. I though Andrew Surman was quite impressive on a call with Blackmore last season as well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Went to an evening with Matt Le Tiss last night at our local theater (gave the Grimsby game a miss , not a bad decision in hindsight !!) and he was asked who had the biggest influence on his career and he said without doubt Dave Merrington. Spoke very highly of him.

Edited by 64saint
  • Like 1