Reasons to be Cheerful?

whelk

A new drive through Leon has opened near us. I’m yet to try it out but one in kings cross is fabulous.

took delivery of a 10kg beef pack from a local farmers this week, the sirloin steaks were fabulous 

Edited by Turkish

11 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Being out the country for 16 years I had no idea what this chain was, looks good and will try it when we move back next year.

The jerk chicken wrap is nice and the chicken and chorizo box is good. Plus their sausage muffins smash anything at McDonald’s out of the park

I’m old, but going to the Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells 50 Year Anniversary gig at the Hexagon with my daughter. After her mum passed away I promised I’d do a concert as it was something they did together. She wanted me to blow £300 a ticket to see Coldplay in Manchester so something a tenth of the price is my reason to be cheerful. Leon is good stuff. Their salads book might make you revisit the idea BTW. 😂

Edited by Winnersaint
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, whelk said:

I need to look this up. Assume a posh fast food place?

when I used to go to London every Thursday for work precovid I used to often sit in the kings cross one before getting the train back north as didn’t get home until gone 10. It’s spot on. They even have their own recipe book which Mrs T has, she’s got over 100 recipe books FFS

edit there is a takeaway in Rownhams services but the nearest restaurant is Brighton. Not yet arrived in Southampton it would seem

Edited by Turkish

17 hours ago, Turkish said:

when I used to go to London every Thursday for work precovid I used to often sit in the kings cross one before getting the train back north as didn’t get home until gone 10. It’s spot on. They even have their own recipe book which Mrs T has, she’s got over 100 recipe books FFS

edit there is a takeaway in Rownhams services but the nearest restaurant is Brighton. Not yet arrived in Southampton it would seem

That's probably why they have quite a few sauces and stuff in Waitrose, to make it at home and not drive for miles to eat in every time.

18 hours ago, Turkish said:

Might see how the missus reacts to going out for an anniversary meal at Rownham Services

23 hours ago, Turkish said:

Its definitely really popular in London, ideal for train journeys home. Dont know why it hasnt spread out more, maybe covid.