'He's gonna be decent' to 'Who'?

Monk

Another vote for Leandre Griffit. Had seen him in the B team or whatever it was called back then and he was quality. Then scores a cracker against Blackburn, was sure he was going to be huge. He's still clearly very fond of Saints based on his Twitter.

Notable mention for Federico "The Torpedo" Arias. Was meant to be insanely fast and talented with both feet. Don't think he ever played in the first team.

6 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

Djamel Belmadi - looked like he was head and shoulders above everyone in the few games I saw him play. Thought he had enough to be a decent premier League player then just disappeared when hairy redcunt got the boot.

He played with us for two seasons in the championship I think, was quality but wasn't a young pup, think he retired a few years later after going to France?

On 13/10/2022 at 18:55, swannymere said:

Yohan Folly - Could and should have been the next Makélélé, comfortable midfield maestro who made it look simple. 

Thought Griffit and Folly would be our Viera and Henry.

Folly literally ended up working behind the tills at JJB Sports Meadowhall in Sheffield.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, once_bitterne said:

Thought Griffit and Folly would be our Viera and Henry.

Folly literally ended up working behind the tills at JJB Sports Meadowhall in Sheffield.

With Fitz Hall in the side as well, we had the promise of a young spine to the side coming through to set us up for years to come.

About that.

On 10/10/2022 at 23:28, Saints Fan Dan said:

Emanuel Mayuka was part of the spending spree post promotion and won us a penalty vs Villa and that was about it.

Mentioned this before - His problem was he knew how to kick a ball, if school playground football was a professional sport he might have been ok. The hmmmm moment for me was sat in the stand pre season  at Palafrugell, Jos and Maya sat behind me schooling Mayuka  as to what the team were doing. 

• Haha 1

Jelle Van Damme. Awesome on the 3rd or 4th football manager game I bought, thought he was going to be mustard. Barely played any games and joined in the season we got relegated. Had an equally unsuccessful loan spell at Werder Bremen and then left permanently after 2 years. 

Edited by Saint IQ

Ulrich van Gobbel. Souness had previously signed him for Galatasaray and thought enough of him to sign him again for Saints for £1.3m, which was a big fee for us at the time. One of the quickest players in the league, but unfortunately that proved to be pretty much his only attribute. 

Later to be added to the pantheon of Saints players who’ve had a spot of bother with the law, after getting convicted for renting cars and then selling them.