badgerx16 Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cmkg8qgy9d9lo "An evicted elderly disabled woman, who has become symbolic of Spain's housing crisis, will be able to return to her home in Madrid, according to her lawyer."..... "Abascal's lawyer, Beatriz Duro, told a press conference there had been "goodwill from both parties" and that she would pay a similar amount of rent under a new contract, averting a significant price hike."
Osvaldorama Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago 29 minutes ago, badgerx16 said: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cmkg8qgy9d9lo "An evicted elderly disabled woman, who has become symbolic of Spain's housing crisis, will be able to return to her home in Madrid, according to her lawyer."..... "Abascal's lawyer, Beatriz Duro, told a press conference there had been "goodwill from both parties" and that she would pay a similar amount of rent under a new contract, averting a significant price hike." Commy nonsense. No surprise from the current Spanish regime tbf
Sir Ralph Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago 9 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said: Commy nonsense. No surprise from the current Spanish regime tbf So if I’m Spanish and renting and can’t afford my rent what am I going to do next? The lefty government will try to introduce something similar to rent caps (I suspect, something that comrade khan wanted to introduce) which means people stop investing in rental properties which impacts the economy with less job generation and tax revenue and fewer rental properties, hurting the people the government were try to help. But hey nobody said socialism understands the real world. 1
Weston Super Saint Posted 15 hours ago Posted 15 hours ago 3 minutes ago, Sir Ralph said: So if I’m Spanish and renting and can’t afford my rent what am I going to do next? Who knows, but does it include fucking off to Spain, again? 2
Sir Ralph Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 17 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said: Who knows, but does it include fucking off to Spain, again? Another great response. You lefties really can’t engage in any sensible conversation. Can you manage to engage with the point I made? 1 1
Osvaldorama Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 8 minutes ago, Sir Ralph said: Another great response. You lefties really can’t engage in any sensible conversation. Can you manage to engage with the point I made? They genuinely can’t think more than one step ahead. It’s wild. Advocating for rent caps etc, despite history proving over and over again that they make things worse. Then instead of actually trying to understand how markets work, they throw insults 😂 1
Sir Ralph Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago (edited) 2 minutes ago, Osvaldorama said: They genuinely can’t think more than one step ahead. It’s wild. Advocating for rent caps etc, despite history proving over and over again that they make things worse. Then instead of actually trying to understand how markets work, they throw insults 😂 They profess to understand economics too. Anyway they probably won’t respond as their leader / dad has told them to ignore us both. 😉 Edited 14 hours ago by Sir Ralph 1
Osvaldorama Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said: I can see why! They've really revolutionised space travel for those satellites, really revolutionised it. Before that rocket launch no satellite was ever launched into space using a rocket. None. Ever. Vive la revolution! Starship just did something no previous flight has ever done: Reached Earth orbit, deployed 26 next-gen Starlink V3 satellites, then executed a controlled deorbit and splashdown. You’re being facetious and smarmy, but it’s actually another huge step forward, so you’re making yourself look a bit silly 2
badgerx16 Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago 1 hour ago, Sir Ralph said: So if I’m Spanish and renting and can’t afford my rent what am I going to do next? If you are an 87 year old Spaniard and renting, and your rent suddenly increases by 400%, such that it exceeds your total income, what are you going to do next ?
Osvaldorama Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago 8 minutes ago, badgerx16 said: If you are an 87 year old Spaniard and renting, and your rent suddenly increases by 400%, such that it exceeds your total income, what are you going to do next ? Move to an area that I can afford the rent? 1
Weston Super Saint Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago 1 hour ago, Sir Ralph said: Another great response. You lefties really can’t engage in any sensible conversation. Can you manage to engage with the point I made? Nope. I don't give a shiny shit about rent controls in Spain, so see no need to engage with the point you made. 1
Weston Super Saint Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago 1 hour ago, Osvaldorama said: Starship just did something no previous flight has ever done: Reached Earth orbit, deployed 26 next-gen Starlink V3 satellites, then executed a controlled deorbit and splashdown. You’re being facetious and smarmy, but it’s actually another huge step forward, so you’re making yourself look a bit silly Well, boy, don't I feel like the fool. I didn't know that it did something no previous flight has ever done. None. Ever. I was under the misguided apprehension that the Mercury programme orbited the earth and splashed down in the Atlantic in 1962. Then there was Gemini programme, Apollo programme, Soyuz programme, Orion programme that all did the same. I feel so stupid now that I know this was the first one to achieve such a feat. Ever. It's so revolutionary. Vive la revolution. Again. 3
Holmes_and_Watson Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago 1 hour ago, Osvaldorama said: Starship just did something no previous flight has ever done: Reached Earth orbit, deployed 26 next-gen Starlink V3 satellites, then executed a controlled deorbit and splashdown. You’re being facetious and smarmy, but it’s actually another huge step forward, so you’re making yourself look a bit silly Unless it detonated the satellites to make a "Free Tonda!" sign, I'm just not convinced. 🙂 Did this chat decide on what was considered revolutionary? For example, Technological advances - and possibly referring to innovative solutions to specific problems of their own, as much as through general advancement. Or from advances made as a direct result of their work. Access - Impacting markets through opening up the field commercially and economically beyond governments. Advancement - 'The people of Piddington Moonbase say "No!" to a plan to have a Lunar I migration centre build nearby. "We'll go to zeta 2 reticuli, if this keeps up. Just see if we don't."
egg Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 8 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said: Well, boy, don't I feel like the fool. I didn't know that it did something no previous flight has ever done. None. Ever. I was under the misguided apprehension that the Mercury programme orbited the earth and splashed down in the Atlantic in 1962. Then there was Gemini programme, Apollo programme, Soyuz programme, Orion programme that all did the same. I feel so stupid now that I know this was the first one to achieve such a feat. Ever. It's so revolutionary. Vive la revolution. Again. Indeed. This wasn't revolutionary. That controlled splashdown didn't seem very controlled or splashy, seeing as it crashed into the ocean at speed and burst into flames. 1
Holmes_and_Watson Posted 49 minutes ago Posted 49 minutes ago 3 hours ago, egg said: Indeed. This wasn't revolutionary. That controlled splashdown didn't seem very controlled or splashy, seeing as it crashed into the ocean at speed and burst into flames. I'd have thought crashing into the ocean was a bit splashy. When you add boomy along with splashy, that's two things while the others only had the splashy bit. Revolutionary?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now